**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Uncollected or normal arena crystal?

Supremeguy95Supremeguy95 Posts: 447
edited December 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Burned all of my gold from ranking up my 5* Ghost Rider (get it?) and now I'm grinding arena to build my gold stash up. Which of these crystals has higher value in terms of gold, not units?

Uncollected or normal arena crystal? 41 votes

Normal (2k BP)
41%
Feeney234SpiderCoolsaxelelf_1tntslAMChive2Noob2435InkvajtSbkruebFabriciusZeusxX_E_CutionerBigKidScottyGunnesKOSLORDIgiBRavenKeeperGrassKnuckles 17 votes
Uncollected (10k BP)
58%
CoatHang3rLeNoirFaineantFoxhero007AlCapone2727StrAanthoangelocrtzAckbar67Reverend_RuckusV1PER1987FhfjghhggggjfhfjgTheSquish671jass222ZipioMother_FlerkenÆgon0710IronGladiator22awesomesauceVendemiaireGr8TonyStark 24 votes
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Uncollected (10k BP)
    I’ve been getting lucky with the UC arena crystals lately. Been getting 50k gold. When I open the regular ones I only get 3k gold.
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Uncollected (10k BP)
    Should be ~equal but the uncollected version drops 4* punisher more freqeuntly which results in slightly more gold from the dupe and iso (you sell for gold).
  • Options
    DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    Normal better for units, uncollected better for gold
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Uncollected (10k BP)

Normal better for units, uncollected better for gold

Normal is better for guaranteed units as you will open more crystals and get more chances for units to drop. But it's 5x the cost for 5x the reward so over time you will get the same number of units. I prefer uncollected because it's fun when you hit the units jackpot and every now and then you will hit the energy refill drop and get 5 instead of 1. Add the increased chance for the punisher and Uncollected are slightly better.
  • Options
    DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    Right, the question is how many uncollected crystals would you have to open instead of normal ones for units income to even out. I believe that amount is too big, especially as someone who opened 500k and 1kk bc's worth of uncollected crystals few times without getting a single unit
  • Options
    GunnesGunnes Posts: 32
    Normal (2k BP)
    I do the regular because of better probability. Also although the end rewards are 5 times as much for 5 times the cost, I have rarely hit the upper range of units for the uncollected crystal. Regular is 15/45 units and uncollected is 75/225. The statistical probability is I believe the same but the practical outcome probability is different.

So how is the probability better. Let's consider this example, if you had a 1 out of 10 chance of winning an amount, would you rather have one try at $100 or 10 tries for $10? You see you are more likely to get something for 10 tries rather than the one try. Although if you get likely you could get $100 but chances are low.

You have more opportunities to get lucky with more tries. So if you really want 5* Punisher then you can only get him from uncollected, otherwise if you are after units then go for regular b/c you have a better chance of getting something instead of nothing.