**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

New thoughts on the Christmas gift due to gifting event

DualityCopeDualityCope Posts: 433 ★★★
edited December 2021 in General Discussion
I had previously predicted that the gift would be between a 6* ag or a 50% t5cc selector. A relatively reasonable estimation compared to the rest of the rewards we got this year.

Due to the new gifting event I don't see these coming for the Christmas gift, at least not individually. This new gifting event has broken the game economy in a way not even close to seen before. Therfore, I think the free gift we get will reflect this new change. Kabam messes up sometimes, maybe even a lot, but one thing they seem to pride themselves on is the "economy" of the game.

Because of this new implosion of the economy that Kabam has introduced, I know predict the Christmas gift we will be getting to be both a 6* ag crystal and a full t5cc selector. I know it sounds crazy, but compared to what the gifting event has done to the "economy" this is a lower teir estimate on what I think we will be getting.

Let me know what you guys think will be happening with the Christmas gift. Tis' the holidays ;)

Comments

• Options
    DualityCopeDualityCope Posts: 433 ★★★
    edited December 2021
    LordPSN said:

If Kabam decides to be generous,
    6star nexus for thronebreaker
    15k 6star shards for cavalier
    15k 5star shards for UC and below!

Else they may give the same rewards as last year.
    But you @DualityCope are definitely wrong!

Oh yeah I forgot to add that. I predicted between either a 50% selector, a 6* ag, or a 6* nexus before.

Now with this new gifting event I see a bit of hope for a better gift. T5cc are going to become common now due to all the r4 that will be running around, so a full one is what I predict. Alongside a 6* ag since they've been hinting at making those a little less rare. (You can farm them from ggcs now)

I definitely don't think I'm too insane!

(OK maybe not a selector but a crystal instead, that makes more sense)

They also won't give us the same reward as last year. Just isn't how Kabam's "economy" works.
  • Options
    RenaxqqRenaxqq Posts: 1,599 ★★★★
    I'm hoping that one option will be 5* selector by year.
  • Options
    swmcswswmcsw Posts: 249 ★★
    I remember when we got the 5* AG for Xmas. I want to say I just r4 my blade and then got the gem and was able to awaken him not long after getting him ranked. I would love a 6* AG, up intell the trade in they just did, I've never gotten a 6* AG.
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

You'll be getting a gifting card and you'll get to select the gift you want from a holiday store. So there will be multiple options from which you'll get to choose one.

source?

• Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

You'll be getting a gifting card and you'll get to select the gift you want from a holiday store. So there will be multiple options from which you'll get to choose one.

source?

Nothing about being able to select gifts. Just that you can redeem it in such a way that it corresponds to your current progression. This to prevent double dipping
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Dkcody42 said:

Then what is the point in it being a gift card if you can’t choose different stuff 🤷‍♂️

To prevent double dipping. And to provide a way for those who are really close to next tier to do that and then claim the reward
  • Options
    Renaxqq said:

I'm hoping that one option will be 5* selector by year.

I’d actually like that. Finally get Magik.
  • Options
    PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    5 star generic gem for cavaliers for thronebreakers maybe a 6 star ag crystal.
  • Options
    Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★

Dkcody42 said:

Then what is the point in it being a gift card if you can’t choose different stuff 🤷‍♂️

To prevent double dipping. And to provide a way for those who are really close to next tier to do that and then claim the reward
    I’m agreeing with this. I definitely read it wrong the first several times I saw it, and have misquoted it a few times myself. I now think it’s a single gift that absolutely is designed to accommodate changing prog levels
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

Due to the new gifting event I don't see these coming for the Christmas gift, at least not individually. This new gifting event has broken the game economy in a way not even close to seen before. Therfore, I think the free gift we get will reflect this new change. Kabam messes up sometimes, maybe even a lot, but one thing they seem to pride themselves on is the "economy" of the game.

People say this every year about the gifting rewards.

2020 - https://youtu.be/pv_fh3OUmFI

2019 - https://youtu.be/20dNtzNNgMk

Guess what will happen in 2022 if gifting is still around. Really need to get off this horse that gifting is breaking the game economy.

As for the Christmas gift, it’ll probably be a slight increase from last year. So 20 6* sig stones, r2-3 gem and 50% t5cc selector. Although I would personally prefer a 6* ag selector.
  • Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    edited December 2021
    U definitely won't be getting a 6* AG as Christmas gift
    Max I expect is a 6* 1/3 Nexus, some T5CC frag selector or rabkup gems, with some other insignificant materials
    Kabam may seem to take pride in game's economy but they have never taken any steps to keep that economy balanced, specially in last 2 years
    They have deliberately tried to destroy game economy so it's futile to expect any changes now
    6* nexus will be the best we cn expect, may be a class one at that, with may be a 2-3 rankup gem crystal to make the players feel a little happier & keep them silenced fr a little longer
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,053 ★★★★★
    AMS94 said:

Max I expect is a 6* 1/3 Nexus, some T5CC frag selector or rabkup gems, with some other insignificant materials
    Kabam may seem to take pride in game's economy but they have never taken any steps to keep that economy balanced, specially in last 2 years
    They have deliberately tried to destroy game economy so it's futile to expect any changes now
    6* nexus will be the best we cn expect, may be a class one at that, with may be a 2-3 rankup gem crystal to make the players feel a little happier & keep them silenced fr a little longer

Do you not know how to use YouTube or Google? Did you even stop to think, "I should look at what we got last year before posting"? If you did, you'd realize that you're not even close to what the gift would be. TB got a 1-2 Rank up gem. 6* Sig Stones and a 10% T5CC selector. How would we go from that to a 6* nexus?
  • Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★

AMS94 said:

Do you not know how to use YouTube or Google? Did you even stop to think, "I should look at what we got last year before posting"? If you did, you'd realize that you're not even close to what the gift would be. TB got a 1-2 Rank up gem. 6* Sig Stones and a 10% T5CC selector. How would we go from that to a 6* nexus?
    If u would've read my entire comment properly without jumping on the disagree van u would've seen that I have also included rankup gems as an expected item & possibly even a 2 to 3 at that
    Also included T5CC selector & sig stones covered under other insignificant mat bcoz the quantity is often very low
    6* nexus is my one of the expected items & nt the only one
    But I cn understand that reading is hard fr some people & u seem like one of them
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,053 ★★★★★
    AMS94 said:

AMS94 said:

If u would've read my entire comment properly without jumping on the disagree van u would've seen that I have also included rankup gems as an expected item & possibly even a 2 to 3 at that
    Also included T5CC selector & sig stones covered under other insignificant mat bcoz the quantity is often very low
    6* nexus is my one of the expected items & nt the only one
    But I cn understand that reading is hard fr some people & u seem like one of them
    You said a 6* Nexus is the best we should expect. Nuf said.
  • Options
    ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 883 ★★★
    I want a

For Christmas.
  • Options
    FalconiFalconi Posts: 230 ★★
    What im realistically expecting is a rank up gem 2>3 Crystal for TB last year got 1-2 crystal and Cav getting what last gear TB got. Thats realistic as well as 20% t5cc selector for CAV and no T5CC for TB because a r2>3 gem includes it . No chance kabam gonna give a simple CAV any T5CC above 25%. There will be 5000 for cav ir 10000 6* shards for TB as side gift its not nexus and it a gift and realistic. Judging from game Economy
  • Options
    NuclekerrNuclekerr Posts: 194
    Does it really matter? It is free and we are not entitled to it. It is and has been nice of Kabam to do this for their community.
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,089 ★★★★★

I had previously predicted that the gift would be between a 6* ag or a 50% t5cc selector. A relatively reasonable estimation compared to the rest of the rewards we got this year.

Because of this new implosion of the economy that Kabam has introduced, I know predict the Christmas gift we will be getting to be both a 6* ag crystal and a full t5cc selector. I know it sounds crazy, but compared to what the gifting event has done to the "economy" this is a lower teir estimate on what I think we will be getting.

Let me know what you guys think will be happening with the Christmas gift. Tis' the holidays ;)

Man, the eggnog got really spiked this year..