**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Rank down tickets

Any of the OG players actually miss rank down tickets in the game?

I legit found them so useful back in the days.

With so many new champs coming in I personally feel like they would be useful again with people having 5* R5s and pulling the same as 6*s.

Just personal opinion, thoughts?

also wonder why they never came back.

Comments

• They were useful for 12.0 so I could rank down my now useless doctor strange, but now I'm informed enough that I don't need rank down tickets. Resources are also plentiful enough that if I r3 a 6* that I barely use, it doesn't really affect me.
  • RenaxqqRenaxqq Posts: 1,595 ★★★★
    Maybe they will introduce 5* only arenas.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,142 ★★★★★

With so many new champs coming in I personally feel like they would be useful again with people having 5* R5s and pulling the same as 6*s.

What do you mean you found them "so useful back in the days"? We've only gotten them 4 times ever.
    2017 Xmas
    Rebalance- Namor/Cull
    She Hulk

All most people did when we got them for Xmas was rank down champs and use the rank up gems we got as well to rank back up the same champs.

We don't need them because we continue to get rank up materials. We have never ending sources for them. What's the point of going and doing content for resources if you have rank down tickets or whatever? People stop doing content just to rank someone down and someone else back up. Defeats the main purpose of this game.
    I’m wil said we got theme legit from 2 time to use one everyone the offer 2 time where’s only one those champion but I’m agerd with you regardless
  • Any of the OG players actually miss rank down tickets in the game?

What do you mean you found them "so useful back in the days"? We've only gotten them 4 times ever.
    2017 Xmas
    Rebalance- Namor/Cull
    She Hulk

All most people did when we got them for Xmas was rank down champs and use the rank up gems we got as well to rank back up the same champs.

We don't need them because we continue to get rank up materials. We have never ending sources for them. What's the point of going and doing content for resources if you have rank down tickets or whatever? People stop doing content just to rank someone down and someone else back up. Defeats the main purpose of this game.
    2017 is back in the day for me.

I am not talking from my POV, as someone in 2017 who found them extremely useful.
    We get never ending rank up materials.
    Many do not.

Also I was not telling Kabam what to do it was my opinion and even if people disagree I can guarantee hardly anyone is going to complain if rank down will return(Which is not likely).
    I feel a lot of people would complain and jt would defeat part of the fun in this game
  • HaubliceHaublice Posts: 8
    I think Kabam should bring back RDT for xmas every year.

Maybe give everyone 1 RDT on xmas that expires after a couple of days. Also place a limit that only takes 1 champ down 1 rank and thats it. Either use it or lose it.

With champions coming out "not working as intended" or having to be tweaked because a champ was released to strong/weak. I think 1 RDT per year would cover any regret rank ups.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,142 ★★★★★
    Haublice said:

Maybe give everyone 1 RDT on xmas that expires after a couple of days. Also place a limit that only takes 1 champ down 1 rank and thats it. Either use it or lose it.

With champions coming out "not working as intended" or having to be tweaked because a champ was released to strong/weak. I think 1 RDT per year would cover any regret rank ups.

That’s defeated the point in rank op a champion if you next year just get to rank in down the game is to progress not move down one the ladder it not great I’m really didn’t like them in the first place yes there’s where great in 12.0 patches but since then Kabam has really learned not to nerft or changed champion dramatics yes knew there’s hav change someone like narmor and that’s one I’m didn’t understand stil don’t but I’m rank him op regardless hasn’t use him but like have the option to use him if I’m need him I’m can’t do that’s with a r1 ect
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,980 ★★★★★

2017 Xmas
    Rebalance- Namor/Cull
    She Hulk

2017 is back in the day for me.

I am not talking from my POV, as someone in 2017 who found them extremely useful.
    We get never ending rank up materials.
    Many do not.

Also I was not telling Kabam what to do it was my opinion and even if people disagree I can guarantee hardly anyone is going to complain if rank down will return(Which is not likely).
    Everyone gets never ending rank up materials.
  • daveyj_196_daveyj_196_ Posts: 437
    Yawn.
  • also wonder why they never came back.

They never came back because there were never supposed to exist in the first place. They were originally created to address what were seen as extraordinary issues for which the devs had no other options to resolve. They went away when such extraordinary situations were no longer seen as extraordinary, and completely different tools became available to address them.

I suspect players would complain about the side effects that would happen if RDTs became something other than an extremely rare tool. RDTs are essentially free rank up materials. Every RDT that goes out is less rank up materials that players would get through other means. So in effect, instead of players earning rank up materials to rank up a new champ, they'd have to choose which one to rank down to get the same net benefit. That's just how rewards work: players think they get created out of thin air, but they actually don't: they come out of invisible reward budgets managed indirectly by the resource management designers.

Games are balanced around the resources players earn on average. RDTs are powerful rank up material resources. If players started getting them, one of two things would happen: they would get less opportunities to earn those materials, or the content would increase in difficulty to account for players being able to shift resources to more powerful champions. Which means if you *don't* shift resources to more powerful champions, you'll just fall behind the difficulty curve, like a class where the teacher turns their back to cheating on the tests but grades on a curve.

For reference, this is probably what is happening with Cavalier difficulty. The same percentage of players tackling it are succeeding now as before, so in terms of relative difficulty the content has the same difficulty. But if you are not one of those players getting stronger as fast as the average, you're seeing something different. That's unavoidable, because of how these kinds of games work: things are interconnected in ways you can't separate.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    edited December 2021
    Haublice said:

If people were given one RDT every year, I guarantee you people would be complaining about how one wasn't enough and then either in a couple of months or later in the year by some twist of fate, that champion that you intentionally ranked down suddenly becomes more valuable because they are either the key to defeating that month's Cavalier Quest or side quest or even variant and that's not even taking a consideration whether or not they're even buffed and made even more desirable. And then what's going to happen, someone is going to complain about how they made a mistake and that they should have another RDT to undo the initial rank down to begin with.

People make mistakes and it's not always a mistake, sometimes it's literally making the best out of a bad situation. You raking up a champion and having regrets about it is part of the Journey of this game. Do it do it in a way removes that lesson from being burned in your brain about weighing the pros and cons of every rank up,especially when you're in a point where the resources are still scarce to you. That being said as others have pointed out for a lot of people especially Cavalier going into thronebreaker, resources are becoming more commonplace and now we're seeing a lot more rank 2s and a considerable amount of people who've now gone into Rank 3 and 4 territory. Soon we'll get to a point where R5 is on the horizon and when that happens you're going to look back and you're going to say I can't believe I made a big deal about taking this Champion up to rank two, I already took five more Champs I didn't use any more to rank 3 and 4 and my roster is only still getting better and better.

Tldr: NOOOOOOO!
  • KingInBlackKingInBlack Posts: 312 ★★★
    I'd like one for OG Gully since they changed her but in general don't think they're needed or should be a thing. Resource management is a core part of the game and rdts lower its importance.
  • SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,158 ★★★★
    I'd like them to be annual, just 1 for each rarity at max rank
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,736 ★★★★★

I'd like one for OG Gully since they changed her but

Is this still on the radar?
  • PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    Why ask for rank down tickets when you can ask for rank up tickets

I'd like one for OG Gully since they changed her but

Is this still on the radar?
    I don't think it ever was on the radar
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    Champ Specific RDTs should be made available when Kabam pulls a Blunder Buff. Ex: Gully for those that ALREADY HAD the champ ranked up BEFORE the screwing up of the champ.
    edited December 2021

Champ Specific RDTs should be made available when Kabam pulls a Blunder Buff. Ex: Gully for those that ALREADY HAD the champ ranked up BEFORE the screwing up of the champ.

They said that was the only way they would issue RDTs from here on out, they just didn't announce any for Guillotine.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★

They said that was the only way they would issue RDTs from here on out, they just didn't announce any for Guillotine.
    And they have effectively NOT kept to that promise... which is why I bring it up.
  • DontsellthemDontsellthem Posts: 762 ★★★
    Yes! Bring back RDT!!!