**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Spidey’s Contest of the Creative Arts (enter to win 1k units worth of gifts for the gifting event)

Comments

• RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,684 ★★★★★

The Mutants are up to a holiday contest of their own and some have a little too much advantage 🤔...

Professor X’s snow boots 😂 I love the detail
    Amazing how both Magneto & Prof X have their eyes covered yet you can still tell they’re intrigued
    And the bandana on the snowman, Omega Red? 🤣
  • Negative_100Negative_100 Posts: 1,650 ★★★★
    Finally finished. Had to rush on the stop motion, so it isn't too good.
    The story is the villains steal the tree and the hero's have to get it back

https://photos.app.goo.gl/6n39owGycbvU3fD46
  • Negative_100Negative_100 Posts: 1,650 ★★★★
    edited December 2021
    Here are my actual pictures.

Not enough time to draw guardian, so I have to do this.
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,673 ★★★★★

The Mutants are up to a holiday contest of their own and some have a little too much advantage 🤔...

This is absolutely amazing. I'm floored by how good some people in this thread are at drawing. I mean, I know you are because I've seen your work before, but a lot of people here have shown themselves to be very good at it. It's a really fun thread to go through, which was my hope when I first saw the competition being announced. I'm happy to see that I was right in thinking it would draw out the very best of the community. :smiley:
  • Scarcity27Scarcity27 Posts: 1,906 ★★★★★
    Part 2:

edited December 2021

Ok, I know I'm cutting it tight, but here's my piece. It's a story, a long one, because I cannot for the life of me draw well. I've had to post screenshots because I can't get it formatted right on forums for some reason. And I've put it in spoiler tags so it doesn't clog up the thread.

Holiday Homicide

Very enjoyable read! Well done 👏🏼
    Rookiie said:

Ok, I know I'm cutting it tight, but here's my piece. It's a story, a long one, because I cannot for the life of me draw well. I've had to post screenshots because I can't get it formatted right on forums for some reason. And I've put it in spoiler tags so it doesn't clog up the thread.

Holiday Homicide

Very enjoyable read! Well done 👏🏼
    Thank you so much!
    I love this initiative of yours and @SpideyFunko 's. It's been a while since I've had any motivation to write at all. And this is my first try at writing a murder mystery, altho I've read more than I should.
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,673 ★★★★★

Holiday Homicide

This looks dope. I always enjoy a good murder mystery. I'll have to sit down and have a read.
    Ercarret said:

Holiday Homicide

This looks dope. I always enjoy a good murder mystery. I'll have to sit down and have a read.
    I'm delighted? @Ercarret your game was amazing!

THE RESULTS ARE IN

In a happy coincidence, both of us were on and had little argument about what our placements were. Before we unveil the winners, we just wanted to say a big thank you for everyone’s submissions and to help make this the big event that it was. I thought this was going to get many two or three submissions, but I’m so glad so many of you turned out with your creative brains.

Secondly, a special thanks is in order for @Cat_Murdock . Cat is the forefront artist in the MCOC fandom and her graphics and maps have helped many whilst her fun drawings and mashups have been a consistent source of joy for us all. So thank you, Cat, from all of us.

Honorable Mentions:

@SuperAvenger21 and the Spidey Presents.
    What a great idea, man! Loved the details on the wrapping, but the background being the same color as 2/3 of the gifts made it a bit harder for us to see. Still excellent.

@Scarcity27 and the story.
    Scarce, this was a wonderful read that we both enjoyed. Wished it was longer and had some more room for the characters to develop, but please keep writing. You have a gift, and you should not waste it one bit.

IN THIRD PLACE:

@Beepbop and the fireplace drawing!
    We both loved all the details you threw in the drawing (personally thought the Ronan picture was a nice touch) and it checked all the boxes we mentioned and then some. What a wonderful artist you are, and well done once again

IN SECOND PLACE:

@SpiderLazer and the stop motion!
    Really great stuff here bub! The story was a little light but we found it encompassed the holidays, was creative, a real stand out from the rest, and of course, fun to watch. Keep making those stop motions and soon they’ll be more fluid than water!

AND IN FIRST PLACE:

Drumroll please…

@Ercarret and Gwenpool saves Christmas!
    Dude. What on earth? Not only was your story fun and creative, but it was something neither of us even thought of. Absolutely mental stuff, and was great to go through. The time and effort it must have taken shows, and we can think of no one else that deserves the top prize more than you. Congrats!

To the three winners, dms will be sent out soon, so please keep an eye out! Once it is sent you have 24 hours to respond.

And once again, thank you to everyone who participated, we’ve all loved seeing your awesome creations. Happy holidays, and have an amazing new year!

Cheers,
    @SpideyFunko & @Rookiie

Merry Christmas everyone and thank you all for your submissions.
    @SpideyFunko thank you for having me, wonderful of you to be giving away prizes, on your birthday no less. Very generous of you.
    I really enjoyed all of the submissions. Well done @Ercarret you shot to the top immediately. You left us astonished with your submission, dumbstruck even.
    Everybody else chapeau bas, and I look forward to doing this again next year. Happy holidays!
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★

@SpideyFunko and @Rookiie I think you guys missed an honourable mention for yourselves. This was a great idea, I had a ton of fun reading and viewing all the entries and it was a great way to bring the community together in such a positive way. Happy holidays to everyone!

Can’t wait for next time! I’m going to work on my art skills all year long to get my revenge!

Yours sincerely, the true winner

well I was bored and didn’t feel like a grinch this year so decided to give some stuff away. Asked @Rookiie if he wanted to pitch in and he said he’d contribute 900 units. So thanks @Rookiie
    Absolute pleasure taking part, dudes!
    Thanks again for this initiative.
    Look forward to next year as well, by when I hope to have an actual book written.
    Also, thanks @SpideyFunko for your critque, and happy birthday to you once more!

@SpideyFunko and @Rookiie I think you guys missed an honourable mention for yourselves. This was a great idea, I had a ton of fun reading and viewing all the entries and it was a great way to bring the community together in such a positive way. Happy holidays to everyone!

Can’t wait for next time! I’m going to work on my art skills all year long to get my revenge!

Yours sincerely, the true winner

well I was bored and didn’t feel like a grinch this year so decided to give some stuff away. Asked @Rookiie if he wanted to pitch in and he said he’d contribute 900 units. So thanks @Rookiie

Cheers mate!
  • Such wonderful work everyone! I loved seeing the wide range of creative mediums used. My personal favorite was Beepbop’s so I’m glad to see that get a win. It was full of such fun little details. I hope you find time to continue drawing!

Merry belated Christmas 🎄☃️

Such wonderful work everyone! I loved seeing the wide range of creative mediums used. My personal favorite was Beepbop’s so I’m glad to see that get a win. It was full of such fun little details. I hope you find time to continue drawing!

Merry belated Christmas 🎄☃️

Yeah we were really drawn to his entry too. He was a close shout for 2nd but ultimately other factors came into play. Great work @Beepbop !
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    Looks like someone happiness is gonna be faltered next year
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,142 ★★★★★

it's okay buddy, you'll always win in my heart
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★

F.
    What's it's name?
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,142 ★★★★★

F.
    What's it's name?
    Inya
  • HeroBoltsyHeroBoltsy Posts: 785 ★★★
    This was really cool to see. So awesome that there are so many different kinds of talented artists in this community and I'm so glad that so many of you decided to share your gifts with the rest of us. Every winner was incredibly deserving and I really hope I get to see more of this incredible creativity sometime in the future. Much respect, congratulations again to the winners, and happy holidays everyone.
  • IcyCoolDudeDoodleIcyCoolDudeDoodle Posts: 587 ★★
    Ercarret said:

Here's my entry: a little game I made called Gwenpool Saves Christmas.

I hope you enjoy it. I pretty much ran out of time about midway through but hopefully you can't tell. Too much. 😅

You...... ARE!..... An absolute legend mate!!!!!!

Awesome!
    edited December 2021

Idk if it is acceptable or not but this is my latest drawing fully made out of crayons

Can't believe I got disagrees for some art work too
    As long as the Judges don't say anything, I don't think you need to worry about your disagrees. Also, great drawing. I can't draw like that, that's for sure...