**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Greater Gift Crystals drop rate changes!

__SF____SF__ Posts: 286 ★★
Is it just me or have you guys noticed a tremendous change on the drop rates???? Like at the beginning of the event u would pull really good material and now it seems like the cheap stuff u get fro the glory store is being rewarded for 300 units??? Ex: basic tier 4 class cat tier 2 t2b etc…… please tell me the drop rates have been changed Kabam. I hope this isn’t the case. Does anyone have different data that shows the opposite ?? Meaning better pulls as of recent ….

Comments

• Options
    What is RNG if u guys don’t mind me asking. @Graves_3 @Buttehrs
  • Options
    BigBusterBigBuster Posts: 290 ★★★
    MTB_rad said:

__SF__ said:

Stands for Random Number Generator, effectively "those are the odds".
    For further information, computers can't actually do anything perfectly random. After all, they are all programed. So what most systems do is use some sort of "seed" number and run operations on it to generate a number. But in this game RNG is synonymous with "you got lucky" or "you didn't get lucky"
  • Options
    bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,148 ★★★
    edited December 2021
    I agree to a certain extent, because when gifting first started a lot of people got good prizes. I know I got over 50k 6* shards from 10 GGCs when it first started as well as 5* Thanos. I just opened 15 GGCs, and the only thing I got was 5k 5* shards and the rest catalyst fragments.
  • Options
    @Coppin I didn’t but I went to watch it after I read ur message. Lmao
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    __SF__ said:

@Coppin I didn’t but I went to watch it after I read ur message. Lmao

It's hilarious.. its like me going to las vegas.. play roulette and say...
    Well the 1st day the numbers.. 20, 17 and 32 came out 6 times..
    The 2nd day it hit 3.. and the 3rd day it didnt drop once!! The game is rigged..
    Well what about the fact that a roulette had 37 or 38 total numbers that can drop and there are over 10 or more roulettes available per location.
    This conspiracy theoriests are the funniest bunch i have ever seen.
  • Options
    CangaceiroCangaceiro Posts: 429
    Anyone else got no 6* nexus from GGCs? I opened near 40 of them.
  • Options
    BigBuster said:

MTB_rad said:

__SF__ said:

Stands for Random Number Generator, effectively "those are the odds".
    For further information, computers can't actually do anything perfectly random. After all, they are all programed. So what most systems do is use some sort of "seed" number and run operations on it to generate a number. But in this game RNG is synonymous with "you got lucky" or "you didn't get lucky"
    "Perfectly random" is itself an ill-defined term. People toss it around all the time as it it means something, but in the sense many people use the term it doesn't actually exist.

The general *idea* behind "perfectly random" is "unpredictable." A hypothetically perfectly balanced dice is unpredictable: you can't tell what number will be rolled next no matter how much you watch it being rolled. On the other hand, a loaded set of dice that come up six more often is predictable: you can't necessarily predict what number will come up next, but you can predict that six will come up more often than random chance would imply. That makes the dice predictable.

Computer RNGs are predictable if you happen to know their state. The computer software deterministically generates a sequence of numbers. However, from the outside looking inward, most computer RNGs are not predictable: no matter how long you watch them, for any reasonably practical amount of time you cannot predict what they will spit out next (actual dice suffer the same problem: if you know their precise velocity state you can predict what number they will generate, but in practice no one watching dice can determine this with human eyes). The RNG that is used for crystal openings by the game appears to be random enough in that no amount of observing crystal openings allows someone to predict what will happen next, or even predict what is more likely to happen next. People *claim* to be able to do that, but that ability always vanishes when they attempt to use it on demand.

There are Google jockeys that will tell you that many commonly used computer pRNGs are not statistically random, or can be used in ways that break their statistical randomness. However, most of the common ones likely to be in use in MCOC would only exhibit such skews from a normal statistical distribution after witnessing trillions of crystal openings. You could have a log of every crystal ever opened in the game and not find such statistical anomalies, and there's no possible way human eyes could notice such things by just watching crystal openings naturally.

In statistics and in computer software, we talk about "random enough" not "perfectly random." "Random enough" is a source of randomness that passes a stringent enough set of tests for the application requirements. "Perfectly random" is not something you can test for, and not something you can practically generate (again, Google jockeys will tell you that there are quantum sources of randomness that are "perfectly random" but we don't know these phenomena are "perfectly random" in the sense that they would pass all conceivable randomness tests: this generally enters the realm of quantum interpretation which is far beyond the limits of a conversation on statistical randomness for video games).
  • Options
    HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    I’m just upset that I’ve opened up 6 GGCs and each one has been T2A 😞

Please just something different even if it’s Sig Stones
  • Options
    __SF__ said:

Does anyone have different data that shows the opposite ?? Meaning better pulls as of recent ….

As far as I can tell in my data (I record all of my GGC openings) my openings are not getting statistically better or worse over time. If you strictly focus on the rarest drops, say everything 2% and under (which would be the trophy champs, the R4 fragments, the 6* Nexus and the 6* AG) and draw a dividing line at Christmas as the halfway point (so far) then prior to Christmas I got two of those drops (4* Kang and T6B fragments) and after Christmas I got three (6* Nexus, 6* AG, T3A fragments). That is more rare drops after Christmas than before, although this is not a statistically strong sample size.
  • Options
    DestinyPoloDestinyPolo Posts: 65
    __SF__ said:

Is it just me or have you guys noticed a tremendous change on the drop rates???? Like at the beginning of the event u would pull really good material and now it seems like the cheap stuff u get fro the glory store is being rewarded for 300 units??? Ex: basic tier 4 class cat tier 2 t2b etc…… please tell me the drop rates have been changed Kabam. I hope this isn’t the case. Does anyone have different data that shows the opposite ?? Meaning better pulls as of recent ….

Nope pulled all the rubbish from early crystals and my luck has only started to improve more recently - it is all RNG.
  • Options
    YoucantseemeYoucantseeme Posts: 48
    Yeah. Rng dependent. I opened 30 crystals and got 3 6* AG, 6* Thanos, and 2 6* nexus. The next 30 I opened were all t4b/t4cc
  • Options
    ChadBuster72ChadBuster72 Posts: 27
    I don’t quite understand this “RNG” business. I’ve opened around 60 crystals and barely got any 6* shards which are one of the three top things to get at 12% I believe. Shouldn’t 60 crystals give you a high percent of 6* shards? If not, and it’s all RNG, then what’s the point of having percentages? Getting mostly catalysts or stones, would logically say those have a much higher percent than the 6* shards. In Cavalier crystals, the 3* champs have as much as 80% chance and as low as 40% depending on progression, and that’s what we pull the most. It’s not 6* champs all the time because it’s “RNG”. Sadly we can’t prove anything without looking at the code, which can be changed at anytime on the server.
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    I actually pulled almost only 5* sig stones and some catalyst fragments I'm not interested in towards the beginning and only recently have gotten shards from them.
  • Options
    ZAHIDMALIK1588ZAHIDMALIK1588 Posts: 624 ★★
    Buttehrs said:

Its RNG my dude

What's RNG?
  • Options
    Scarcity27Scarcity27 Posts: 1,906 ★★★★★
    I got a lot of fragments and other things I didn't need (sigs were nice but still) from my first lot. There were a few shards there, but nothing substantial. I got 2.5k 6* shards maybe twice. The last crystal I opened was 15k 6* shards. My alts also got mostly trash, but in the middle of the event one pulled a 5* Thanos, and just yesterday, another got a 5* nexus, so I'd say my pulls are pretty even.
  • Options
    SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    Haven't noticed any changes myself, same bad luck from the start to finish :p

...Units drop rates in battlechips on the other hand...weeell...
  • Options
    Captain_MonticaCaptain_Montica Posts: 317 ★★
    Yes I think my first pulls were way better