CAIW — 6.3 Bo’s fight Special attack cycle.

I’m sure this has been discussed before, but my searches come up with threads that have nothing to do with this.

If Cap is supposed to cycle through specials (surging vengeance), why is he skipping them?

Cap launches special 1, I then push his to Sp3, he launches it anyway. So what gives?

The node description does not match the behavior of Cap. Or is this node really that poorly worded?

Comments

• RiptideRiptide Member Posts: 3,164 ★★★★★
    I definitely wondered this also. I think the node could be worded better.

He throws special attacks in order, unless he overshoots the current one, than it skips ahead.

Example: if he’s at sp2 to throw and has one bar of power. He won’t throw the Sp1. Push him above 2 bars and he should throw the sp2. Push him to 3 and he skips the sp2, and moves on to 3 in the cycle. Then he’s back to 1
  • QuikPikQuikPik Member Posts: 811 ★★★★
    You need to bait out each special attack in order. If you push him straight to sp2 off the bat, he will use that and then his next special is going to be sp3.
    Damn didn't know that !
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Member Posts: 9,264 ★★★★★
    QuikPik said:

Damn didn't know that !

Neither did I until I got corrected in exactly the same way in a thread about this very topic a couple months ago :D
  • Toomuchwork2doToomuchwork2do Member Posts: 21
    That boss is annoying. The kinetic shield ruins all damage done while it’s up because it’s never dealt to caiw since it’s not crit damage 😂
    That's why I rushed to complete it with Ronan before they changed him.
  • RiptideRiptide Member Posts: 3,164 ★★★★★
    @BitterSteel @SpideyFunko

Thanks for the correction!
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Member Posts: 21,934 ★★★★★

QuikPik said:

Damn didn't know that !

Neither did I until I got corrected in exactly the same way in a thread about this very topic a couple months ago :D
    some of us learned this the hard way
  • MightyDMightyD Member Posts: 95
    Has anybody tried shang chi against this boss? I feel with about 20-25 chi charges, one sp2 should be enough for the cap iw boss.
  • KGW186KGW186 Member Posts: 171
    Hit Monkey with MLM combo works great for cap, even better if you have a Heimdall to cheat death, takes a few revives but was my cheapest option at the time.
  • Scarcity27Scarcity27 Member Posts: 1,906 ★★★★★
    Also, Spider Ham and Starky should work. I found Ham's taunt better, but Starky's damage was better.
    And don't use Guardian for his taunt. He can't crit.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Member Posts: 11,598 ★★★★★
    If you push him over the one he’s meant to use he just goes to sp3 and uses that, just how the node works and how it always has
  • Quantum_FizzixQuantum_Fizzix Member Posts: 94
    Lvernon15 said:

If you push him over the one he’s meant to use he just goes to sp3 and uses that, just how the node works and how it always has

Then that should be put in the description so it’s clear. The way it’s worded now is sloppy and to not make it more clear is just lazy.
  • jbxotiicjbxotiic Member Posts: 145
    Would Hercules's infuiiate work as a taunt to make him throw specials?
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,353 Guardian

Lvernon15 said:

Then that should be put in the description so it’s clear. The way it’s worded now is sloppy and to not make it more clear is just lazy.
    The reason that isn't in the description is because taunt exists. You can get him to throw sp1 after sp1 with a taunt champ. If you wanted a super accurate, but really long description then it would say. At start of fight, defender has 100% normal chance of launching sp1 and sp3. After special it cycles to sp2 and sp3, then it goes to sp3, then it restarts again. Which that in and of itself would be more confusing to people than what they already have.
  • Quantum_FizzixQuantum_Fizzix Member Posts: 94
    It would be more clear then and Kabam has no problem making extra large descriptions of abilities…. Look at some of the champs that require a bloody tomb to describe all their mechanics….
  • Scarcity27Scarcity27 Member Posts: 1,906 ★★★★★

It would be more clear then and Kabam has no problem making extra large descriptions of abilities…. Look at some of the champs that require a bloody tomb to describe all their mechanics….

Not sure why a tomb was your best choice of words. Even an obituary would have been better. Or, as I like to call it, tsunami of text before the actual recipe.

Either way, the wording does need updating.