**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why AQ mechanics are messed up.

Usually on Day 5 of Map 5 I bring my R4 5* champs to deal damage and save on pots.

I've just played fully through 5.2 with my 5* R4 champs, so you get a feel for how long they survive against champs with 20k+ pi, buffed out.

Then you bring the same champs into AQ and they BLOCK an L2 of a 10-15k pi champ with minimal buffing and they lose a third of their health.

The question would be: Is blocking damage turned WAY down in questing to avoid it being a ridiculous money grab OR is the blocking damage turned way up in AQ to BECOME a ridiculous money grab.

(I could see needing to generate more revenue in AQ if the rewards weren't ****, but full cat drops are so rare in Map 5 and Map 6 crystals why is AQ tuned up to **** levels? Even in AW you don't take that much blocking damage.)

Comments

• ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    PI is a pretty pointless metric to compare enemies. It could be those AQ champs have more attack then the 5.2 champs.
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    Block penetration does seem way higher in AQ.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    Block damage is off the charts in AQ to the point that it is discouraging to even play.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,242 ★★★★★
    Don’t block then. Always an option.’
  • ctp1223ctp1223 Posts: 290
    xNig wrote: »

^this. unfortunate it has to be this way but if you want to make it through AQ you need to intercept more
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    xNig wrote: »

True but mix that with expecting to parry which should be normal as well in skillful gameplay and you get some issues. Parry pops up but no parry actually happens or you try to parry, doesn't work so you continue block (if it doesn't break) until you can switch to evade only. By then lots of health gone and no direct hits.
    This is the scenario I am thinking of anyways.
  • MMCskippyMMCskippy Posts: 352 ★★
    @The1_NuclearOnion I think that's what I'm talking about.

I think I'm okay in concept with chapter 5 questing (where the rewards are real) where if you mess up you get combo'ed to death with one 5 hit combo. I'm not okay for that to be the case on a daily basis in AQ, which is where it seems to be.

My iphone 7 is a year old and it's 2 generations old. I'm now susceptible to Kabam's catch all for not fixing their unfair mechanics, "device lag". I'm not okay with that.

I don't beef about the blocking damage if I bring a 4* champ to AQ because of whatever game mechanic explains away the massive damage dealt from a 5* onto a 4*, but when you see 5* vs 5* high blocking damage, that's worth saying something about.

We spend a lot of resources for a 5* R4 champ. Try running 5.2.4 or 5.2.5 or 5.2.6 with a 4* non God tier champ (Thor, Wolvie, SW, etc.) and then run it with a 5* R4 champ. It's light years difference (150 hits vs 50-60). You don't see that differential in AQ. Not even close.

• danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,043 ★★★★★
    Are you talking about doing all the boss fights? If you're having trouble in map 5 using 4/55 champs that's really odd
  • Cptnkillr_89Cptnkillr_89 Posts: 56
    edited November 2017
    Just bring sig 99 R5 Wolvey.. he can block and recover from it. Save you two other champs for special fights like poison or minis. Assuming you have a wolvey that is.
  • Just bring sig 99 R5 Wolvey.. he can block and recover from it. Save you two other champs for special fights like poison or minis. Assuming you have a wolvey that is.

I bring 5/50 Rogue for most fights including the immunity path, she also heals enough for fights like Electro. 5/50 OG Vision is there for Abomination and other fights that require immunity or power control. And the other champ depends on the boss. Sometimes Iceman, sometimes Voodoo.

I sometimes die if I make a mistake, but I do not die just because I was chipped to death from blocked hits.
  • TheOneAndOnlyTheOneAndOnly Posts: 690 ★★★
    I think Map 5 and Map 6 require you to adjust your strategies and your thinking as it relates to AQ. Strategies has to be tweaked to be more of an interceptor (it takes practice) so you don't get chipped away as others have pointed out. And thinking as it relates to who you bring and who you use to clear nodes and lanes.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Evade evade evade intercept intercept evade..lol. I get your point though block damage is big.
  • Yup happened to me too... I got 2 rank 4 5* and on story quests (act5) they are amazing!!
    But on map 5 day 5... Blocking it's like not existing... something like 3%-5% hp damage for every hit...
  • In AQ, the PI is about the same that on 5.2 / 5.3 depending on your prestige and the day, etc.

However, their base health is lower and their base attack is higher for the same prestige : thats why you take more damage, and that's why MMCSkippy dont see much difference in AQ when we have to take down opponents (not so much difference between a 25combo fight or a 35 combo fight - but this difference is much noticeable in story quests).

Just look at the bosses with 8k attack in AQ. We don't see this in story quest.
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    For map 5 at least, GR and Wolverine are all you need. Maybe X-23 if you want more damage. No need to bother about block damage when using these champs. I don't even notice block damage when using them
  • NEUROPLEXUSNEUROPLEXUS Posts: 92
    my alliance runs 55522, i have one of the weaker teams in my BG. on day 3 running 4* 4/40 magik duped, 4/40 vision and 4/40 voodoo duped i have to rely on voodoo regen and basically attempt to solo my lane with him. magiks limbo helps but at sig level 55 its not enough to keep the damage from hitting critical mass in the third section.

if i play perfectly in every single fight my champs are still down to about 1/3 health by the third section with the exemption of voodoo.i am decent at intercepting(about 95% success rate) and my perry is on point but this block damage seems excessive. i will normally take 1-2 blocked hits if i mess up on evade and then dash back so im not getting pummeled. in summation i agree strongly with @MMCskippy .
  • MMCskippyMMCskippy Posts: 352 ★★
    @Adepte Thanks for your comment. This got me more to a place where I can grasp the "why".

I do have to rethink staying around because I can understand the why but when you open the map 5 crystals, it's like a kick in pants.
  • weavileweavile Posts: 288
    challenger rating is the problem I think. Since aq enemies are max 5* with 35% boost while in story quest they are r3 with 300% boost.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    Yeah I have a full defensive mastery build and use wolvie for 90% of my aq (5x5) then I take r5 sw and Ultron all for regen, I barely ever have to revive, I find my r4s good for war where you need to kill quickly, but regen is king in aq
  • Titan_A97Titan_A97 Posts: 179
    I really think Block Damage should have a fixed cap for both you and the enemy. Seriously, it comes to a point where you take so much damage from a single blocked hit that Dexterity literally becomes a core mechanic and not just a mere mastery.

My suggestion would be to cap it at 1,000; it's not too excruciatingly high but also not too unnoticeably low.