**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

IS HERC ON THE BASIC POOL????

I just popped 7 basic 6 star crystals and Herc was not even on the reel.
Can anyone confirm he was added to the Basic pool???
If he wasn't id like my crystals back ...

Comments

• Tofu1459Tofu1459 Posts: 9
    I know its an illusion for what you get ...just find it hard to believe i cant even see him there
  • OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,604 ★★★★
    Yes he is. Sadly my 6* Cosmic Nexus and my two regular Nexus didn’t grant me him, but he is in there.
  • psp742psp742 Posts: 2,247 ★★★★
    edited January 2022
    The champions on the reel just add suspense and makes the player think that you almost got a champion.. but sadly it is all an illusion.. I don't know if time purchase crystal dictates who you get but it is all a gamble.. whales, dolphins or big spenders just get more chances because they purchase units or unit/shards offers to afford themselves more units or 6* shards for cavalier crystal or shards or 6* crystal/nexus... as f2p do even think about competing with them unless you intend to spend boatloads of cash.
  • Tofu1459Tofu1459 Posts: 9
    Maybe its about time Kabam admits the chances are not very "random". i have more chances of winning the lotto than pulling War Machine 3 consecutive times from featured 6* crystal ...
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Not all champions are shown in every reel. I would be interested to see the number, but realistically (even assuming you let it spin out, and who actually does that every time?) it just cycles through some random smaller group of pictures. You'll notice that often, you'll see several champions repeated a lot in one reel, then not in another. Just how it works mate.
  • No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★
    Tofu1459 said:

Maybe its about time Kabam admits the chances are not very "random". i have more chances of winning the lotto than pulling War Machine 3 consecutive times from featured 6* crystal ...

not even remotely close.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Tofu1459 said:

I know its an illusion for what you get ...just find it hard to believe i cant even see him there

This was recently discussed. The answer appears to be, based on testing and some conversation, that for crystals with a large number of possible drops the spinner system does not show every possible drop option, possibly to reduce the amount of resources the game client would have to burn just to show the spinner. Instead, the spinner system fetches some random sample of all possibilities and loads them into the spinner, and those are the only options that can be visible. Every time any player loads crystals into the spinning system this subset is randomly generated, so if you spin three crystals in a row you might see the same subset spinning in the reel, but if you back out and go back into the spinner the champs you see will be different. The number of different champs you will see in the spinner appears to be approximately 30.

So if the basic crystal has something like 170+ champions in it, you'll only see about 30 of those 170 show up in the spinner for a given spin. There's only a 15-20% chance for any particular basic champion to show up at all in a given spin because of these visual mechanics. But across all players spinning crystals, every champ in the basic pool should show up eventually somewhere (in about one in six players spinning crystals in this case).

If you're looking for a champ in a crystal and you don't see him in the spinner, and you want to know if he is even in there at all, back out and spin another crystal. Don't spin multiple crystals without backing out, because that won't change the champs you see. Eventually you should see them. Note: this does not affect what champion you get at all. The system that "loads" champions into the reel for display purposes has no effect on the random drop generator. The actual drop comes from the totality of the possible drops designed into the crystal, not the subset that happens to be displayed in the reel.
  • IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Posts: 1,637 ★★★★
    Tofu1459 said:

It’s actually not that hard to believe that you didn’t see a single champ out of 200+ characters, in 7 crystals each with about 20-40 characters per reel
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

Tofu1459 said:

It’s actually not that hard to believe that you didn’t see a single champ out of 200+ characters, in 7 crystals each with about 20-40 characters per reel
    If he spun them consecutively after loading all of them into the crystal spinner, it wouldn't be 20-40 champs per crystal, it would be the same 20-40 champs for all crystals. You can (apparently) spin a thousand crystals and see the same 30 champs in the reel over and over again, until you back out and try again.

Also, if you tap the crystal and don't let them spin out, you won't even see those thirty champs. When I tested this a couple times, I was sometimes seeing a champ first appear 70+ reel places into the spin, which makes reasonable sense when you're displaying champs on the reel randomly** from a pool of about 30 or so. The crystal seems to auto tap out after about 30 seconds or so, and coasts to a stop in about 10 seconds or so. It displays about 5 champs per second while spinning. It can take 15 seconds or more before you even see all of the champs that are possible to see in the reel.

So any particular champ might only have a 15% chance of even showing up at all in the visible reel of a basic crystal, and even if that champ does theoretically show up there's a strong chance you won't see them if you don't spin the crystals for a long enough period of time. 15-20 seconds is a long time to let a crystal spin without tapping for most people.

** I say "randomly" but I don't know that the reel display is strongly random: in fact there's a reasonable logical argument to suggest it isn't as statistically random as the actual drop mechanics are. But that's a separate technical topic.
  • NastyPhishNastyPhish Posts: 583 ★★★
    Already rolled and rank 5 my herc from basics 👍