**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Cosmic rank up advice

OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,667 ★★★★
edited January 2022 in Strategy and Tips
All -

After many months with a good 5* cosmic roster but a very weak 6* cosmic roster, today the RNG finally gave me some Cosmic love. I pulled CGR, Hyperion, and Sersi (duped her as well). In addition, I finally managed to pull Herc as a 5* two weeks back. He is awakened and I can easily max sig him. I also managed to dup my VP, and he definitely is very solid after his buff.

So, I’ve gone from very few Cosmic rank up options to a ton.

I’ve pretty much decided to rank Herc unless I pull him as a 6* in the next few days. He is good enough that I would rank both a 5 and 6* version, so even if I rank the 5 and pull the 6 a few weeks from now I won’t feel bad about it.

So, the question is: Who do I rank up with him? Content wise I’m focused on Chapter 7, Variants, and Cav EQ for the next 2-3 months.

I‘ll admit that I don’t love CGR, but I’m willing to work on our relationship given how good he is and given I now have him as a 6*. Hyp is one of my favorites - was my first decent 5* - but I also know he needs to be awakened to be at his full potential. So, given this, I’m probably leaning towards ranking CGR first followed by VP. If I awaken Hype next Monday then I’d pull him to the top of the list.

However, wanted to get this communities input.

Current cosmic roster attached for reference:

Cosmic rank up advice 35 votes

Herc5* + CGR
51%
FreakydTendersquadJuggerNotLordSmasherKRANꓘThoye3Krishna24FeroX_the_fat_heringLpooBLOODY_ASSASIAN08HoitadoMerseysideRedJCC5280RunavargrSnuggzyJ2843Hickdog2713579rebel_ 18 votes
Herc 5*+ Hyperion
20%
DeaconSparty6Riptide__SF__OEMVZAHIDMALIK1588JC10100 7 votes
Herc 5* + Sersi
14%
PoupChaosMax1012CangaceiroLickyAntsiou 5 votes
Herc 5*+ Venompool
11%
EtjamaFabwiziSkjornKonstant45 4 votes
Someone else (please specify)
2%
Yodabolt21 1 vote
Post edited by Kabam Habanero on

Comments

• OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,667 ★★★★
    Folks who voted for Sersi - why? I have heard she is a good defender, but I don’t AW. What else have you found her good for?
  • Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,532 ★★★★★
    Someone else (please specify)
    Giant mashing Tree King!!!!
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,085 ★★★★★
    Herc 5* + Sersi
    Newer character, would be a solid defender and she looks pretty cool. Otherwise I’d probably go VP. Great roster.
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,085 ★★★★★
    Herc 5* + Sersi
    If you do rank up CGR would suggest the 5*, that power control and heal block is really solid.
  • ZAHIDMALIK1588ZAHIDMALIK1588 Posts: 616 ★★
    Herc 5*+ Hyperion
    Go with Hyp, CGR as a 5* is good enough for now, you can rank him up later
  • OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,667 ★★★★
    edited January 2022
    @ChaosMax1012 Interesting - I wasn’t aware CGR’s awakened ability was that critical. Having now read it (I actually just awakened the 5* today about 5 minutes before I pulled the 6*, so hadn’t looked closely as I figured I’d just rank the 6*) I can see what you mean.

Hyperion also greatly benefits from awakening - this I know from direct experience with my 5*.

Maybe I take VP up first - since he is already awakened - see if I dup Hyp on Monday (opening a few more featured then) and go from there. Need to think about CGR some more given this new data.

Thanks also @ZAHIDMALIK1588 - If I had my 5* CGR at R5 already I think it would be a no brainer, but since he is only at R3 I want to be really certain before I use the T5B and T2A - trying as much as possible to hold that for 6*’s these days.