**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Thoughts on Odin

MadEyeMoody_333MadEyeMoody_333 Posts: 192 ★★
edited January 2022 in Strategy and Tips
Just wanted to know is Odin a good champion or an avg champion specially when not using for synergy/cross fight ability purposes. Also, his apart from Hela does any other champion benefits greatly from his cross fight ability.
Personally from what i understand that he is good in long fights only due to the ability to get more buffs longs the fight is(specially when unawakened). I could be surely wrong, would love to know what the community thinks about him
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• 13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,295 ★★★★★
    He's good on his own

• CosmicGuardianCosmicGuardian Posts: 408 ★★★
    Personally, I really like Odin. He’s fairly bulky with his armour and block proficiency buffs, so you don’t get a lot of block damage. His true strike is nice since you can keep it paused so long as you stay near your opponent. Even if it does fall off, his energize buffs make it easy to get right back to his special attacks.

As for his pre-fights, besides using them to help specific champs, they’re also great to use when you have a node that requires attackers to have buffs. In those cases his pre-fights make pretty much any champs an option, without looking at any other nodes or the defenders involved. Ultimately I’m really liking my 5* and plan to take him to R5 as soon as I get the chance.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    Wednesday is named for him
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    His pre-fight is good for loads of champs when you are on a Buffed Up node. Also for champs who are facing shock nodes/champs.

He has a synergy that makes Ghost even more OP (via Ant-man).

On his own his has easy access to true strike, which is always good. He can do some big time damage, but you have to follow his ramp up rotation, which is kinda long but not too bad.

I have mine at rank 2 and would rank 3 him now but decided to hold my T5cc while I consider a future rank 4 of another cosmic champ. I might still do Odin and will eventually.
  • thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    Odin is great for a lot of reasons. yes, he's potent for long matches, and has helpful PFs and synergies. But, as you asked, he's also great on his own even in short fights.

The ramp up isn't that bad. For really short fights, 1 sp2 should suffice. Otherwise, it's just 1 sp1 and then the sp2: this might sound long, but one of the buffs he gets is energize, so he gets to his specials quickly. For longer fights, it's sp1, sp3, then sp2. Again, the energize buff will help you get to your specials quickly so you'll get power more quickly than you think. However, this requires a lot of heavies (see below on this).

As far as utility, the true strike is nice. But one thing that is overlooked is his tankiness and block proficiency. You just feel very safe with him.

The only tricky thing is that he does rely on his heavies, but his heavy reach/speed is nice so you can pull it off even against stun immunes.
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,610 ★★★★★
    Odin is awesome on his own and everyone with fury and precision buffs benefits from his synergy along with the protection buff too very important. Mine is rank 3 6* and I use him often more than my corvus.
  • MadEyeMoody_333MadEyeMoody_333 Posts: 192 ★★

Odin is awesome on his own and everyone with fury and precision buffs benefits from his synergy along with the protection buff too very important. Mine is rank 3 6* and I use him often more than my corvus.

more than corvus!!! wow that is saying something
  • DestinyPoloDestinyPolo Posts: 65
    Honestly I ended up using my 6* r2 Odin for exploring 7.3.6 Kang boss as you can essentially spam specials and get ramped up really fast to deal big sp2 damage. Very fun champ!