**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

My most dissapoining champion---quake.

SpicyslicerSpicyslicer Posts: 2,227 ★★★★
Yes there are worse but I took my duped 4* quake to 3/5 30/30.

Even in arena she's really bad.
I don't use her in aw or aq.

She's made of glass, has no real damage. And what neat tricks she can do aftershock is delayed too...
She's susceptible to everything, and the block damage she does take is even pretty bad when fighting unstoppable opponents like jug or unstop colossus.

I'm writing this because she's the only science champ in 4 or 5 stars that I have and I hope someone can explaine to me how to use her better. My alternative is a 4* joe fixit who in arena is pretty good with stuns and bleed etc....

Comments

• Stark78AlfaStark78Alfa Posts: 502
    While she is charging heavy attacks, she will always evade your oponent's first hit (except for special attacks)... So, when you see her evading, you block and you will parry your oponent.

Is there something more?
  • Star_Lord_Star_Lord_ Posts: 528 ★★★
    She is a great champ. As the game evolves, so will the champs. They now have a champ, Hela, that gets better as your team dies. So yes, you can play an older champ, tap, tap, swipe or you can educate yourself and learn new ways and abilities.
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    I don't get some of the posts on a champ being bad. Except for a couple of obvious ones , most are playable and can destroy the opponent given some patience, parry and specials.

Quake is pretty good and I am able to take down hard opponents having twice the power.
    Spider Gwen hits hard as well, parry/evade and hitting are the key. Build up her Special 2 and there's an auto KO.

Even with Carnage, if you are patient, you can build up a few active effects and then pummel your opponent. All it needs is about 30-40 seconds of initial patience. Don't go blindly MLLLM with everything.
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    Vdh2008 wrote: »
    I was with you until Carnage, then I lost all respect for you...

just kidding... If you like him, that's great, but he's a terrible trash champ that should never have been released like he is.

I agree, Carnage is ****, possibly the worst I have played with, but it is passable if I play with patience.
    It was an extreme example and since I have only five 4* champs, I gotta make the most of what I got.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    Yes there are worse but I took my duped 4* quake to 3/5 30/30.

Even in arena she's really bad.
    I don't use her in aw or aq.

She's made of glass, has no real damage. And what neat tricks she can do aftershock is delayed too...
    She's susceptible to everything, and the block damage she does take is even pretty bad when fighting unstoppable opponents like jug or unstop colossus.

I'm writing this because she's the only science champ in 4 or 5 stars that I have and I hope someone can explaine to me how to use her better. My alternative is a 4* joe fixit who in arena is pretty good with stuns and bleed etc....

All this post shows is you have no idea how to fight with her lol.

For a start you should never receive block damage... you should be charging up a heavy, when they rush in the 1st attack is evaded, the next you Parry, charge again.

You can KO opponents without even landing a hit.

Quake isn't god Tier, nor is she gonna get you through LOL, she stops limbo and regen triggering though, she is a sweet champ.
  • StrategicStrategic Posts: 632 ★★★
    edited November 2017
    You need to learn how to use her. I agree she's not always the best choice but there are situations where she's practically the BEST champ in the game for. She's the only reason I was able to complete boss rush!
    I made a video about her because not many people know how to use her properly.
    Watch this and then tell me how she is:
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/28808/how-to-beat-mephisto-in-boss-rush-tutorial#latest
  • Quake is amazing, she was a mainstay in my AW attack for a long time. play her right and you can wreck evading champs, most mystics, electro and all our nothing nodes not too mention her synergy with black widow almost brings black widow back to her Godess like self. Stick with her mate, cause one you master her you'll be happy
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    While she is charging heavy attacks, she will always evade your oponent's first hit (except for special attacks)... So, when you see her evading, you block and you will parry your oponent.

Is there something more?

You sure about that because I have her duped and she NEVER evades the opponents first hit.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    A_Noob_Is1 wrote: »

Is there something more?

You sure about that because I have her duped and she NEVER evades the opponents first hit.

Hold her heavy down and then come back before asking if someone is certain.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    If Quake is your most disappointing Champ, that's a pretty darn good Roster.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I like quake but she’s just arena fodder and a prestige champ on my roster
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Want me to do a duel with her @Spicyslicer?
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★

Is there something more?

Did that many times- doesn't evade the first hit
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,168 ★★★★★

Is there something more?

Did that many times- doesn't evade the first hit
    She evade the first hit But If u try to use yours hevry she wont evade it
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    Charge heavy wait for them to attack and block. Easy parry. Bait their special. Rinse repeat

Is there something more?

She does evade the first hit, unless it's against Drax
  • Jets44Jets44 Posts: 72
    Lol sounds like a troll even a monkey could learn to play Quake right
    I had to go in game to make sure it wasn't a bug after maintenance...

Defo works still, all I can suggest is your holding block instead of heavy?

But it does evade the 1st hit
  • SupremeWarlordSupremeWarlord Posts: 293
    I suppose it depends on who she's playing against because I always thought Quake was garbage too but since I duped mine she has fought a few battles where she won EFFORTLESSLY and I was quite surprised. I'm not sure which champions she would have an advantage over aside from the obvious class advantages.
  • Champs that bypass evade like black widow or gwenpool(50+ hit combo) will wreck you when trying to fight quake style as will iceman if you have a coldsnap on yourself. She should be evading the first hit of everyone else assuming you are charging her heavy as they attack you, but be quick when either blocking or using dexterity(manual evade) because aggressive champs like venom and dormmamu will be on you really quick.

Here's a video explaining her

https://youtu.be/pvtyo_LMr-s
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    She does not evade the first hit at all ever what are you all playing... she snot evading and she's a glass nothing.

Yes. She. Does.

Hold her heavy, keep holding it even as the opponent lunges in (you’re clearly new so as an FYI a heavy attack is holding down on the right side of the screen) quake will evade the opponents dash attack at which point you can then either parry or use dexterity to evade a second attack.

You’ve also had a couple of videos linked to you that were made just a few weeks ago!