**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

What unique/distinctive role does Peni play for your roster?

OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,604 ★★★★
I was happy to finally pull Peni last week as a 5* (admittedly would have preferred 6 but I’ll take it.).

I’ve been chasing her for some time, but in that time I’ve managed to pull and rank a number of really good tech champs including Nimrod, Guardian, and Ultron on top of the stars I already had (Ghost, Warlock, Hulkbuster).

As I take a step back and look at my ranking priorities, I’m now struggling to think of a distinctive role she plays vs my other tech champs. What role does she play for you? What causes you to choose her vs another tech champ?

See below for the top end of my tech roster for reference. I’m starting to feel like I should just rank my Guilly 2099 next and hold off on any significant Peni investment for now.

Interested in what you all think of her.

Comments

• Killswitch01Killswitch01 Posts: 668 ★★★
    Sabretooth EQ... She was amazing
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,370 ★★★★★
    Immunity to poison and incinerate really helps
    She is a menace in defense getting about 2-6 kills in every war
    Access to powerful incinerate damage, As long as a defender isn't incinerate immune She'll flat line it(except mags)

• CainCain Posts: 559 ★★
    She synergizes very well with Spider Gwen (both at R3). Interesting immunities, haven’t tested her on war defense but she seems well suited there. She tore up CavEQ 1.2 because her power drain causes the passive shocks. She seems solid to me 🤘🏼
  • Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★
    Just fun to play IMO, but definitely has alot of uses
  • Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 934 ★★★★
    Bishop counter. In comparison to the rest of my tech roster she has great power control and she's not a robot
  • MordMord Posts: 111 ★★
    I have her at r3 and used her for:

AW defense
    Monthly EQ
    Kinetic reactor/transference nodes (her main niche for me)
    Hazard shift poison/incinerate
    Encroaching stun
    Clapback
    Nick Fury, Sinister, Bishop etc counter

She is very tanky without relying on armor buffs, doesn't need synergies and feel safe to play with.

While I'm happy with what she does for me, ranking her as a 5* over a 6* G2099 is not something I would do unless I really really liked the champion or was desperate for a hard counter in her niche. As a 6* maybe, but not as a 5*.

Also, you have a nice 6* war machine right there you might want to consider. And that P99 too!
  • MightyDMightyD Posts: 95
    Mord said:

AW defense
    Monthly EQ
    Encroaching stun
    Clapback

She is very tanky without relying on armor buffs, doesn't need synergies and feel safe to play with.

While I'm happy with what she does for me, ranking her as a 5* over a 6* G2099 is not something I would do unless I really really liked the champion or was desperate for a hard counter in her niche. As a 6* maybe, but not as a 5*.

Also, you have a nice 6* war machine right there you might want to consider. And that P99 too!

A
    Mord said:

AW defense
    Monthly EQ
    Encroaching stun
    Clapback

Also a pretty solid lionheart counter
  • good immunities, decent power control, and great synergies! other than being a good defender.
  • I think she’s fun, I ranked her for the upcoming solo competitive mode and for her synergy with Spidergwen.
  • NastyPhishNastyPhish Posts: 583 ★★★
    Anyone struggling to kill peni. Just use anyone that power drain burn immune:

King Groot (who I use)
    Venom
    Red Goblin

It doesn’t prevent the auto block. But it prevents the power burn and that’s the real problem. Just hit into her and eat up the charges.

Smash her face