**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Strikers on defense?

NastyPhishNastyPhish Posts: 583 ★★★
This was asked in the recent summoners sanctum. How many of you would like fighting a defender with a striker?

I feel as though it would be a step too far as getting your ins to do damage is already being limited by the constant Ai changes.

Strikers on defense? 130 votes

Strikers on defense are fine
13%
LeNoirFaineantTotal_Domin01BrokenCupidTatteredSailRockyshockySnakepMoeyTehrpsp742OGAvengerEwell65SSS69Chachaji01Gr8TonyStarkmagnus_xixWild_Meat84The_HoTUKonstant45AbhiYog 18 votes
No strikers on defense plz
63%
MagicBentonRaganatorLightburn22benshbPiviotheruheru511zuffyGK_23phillgreenTerraFoxhero007Cat_MurdockBlackPhoenix44QuikPikGmonkeyCassyDonnymeijDe_Potato_SaladWicket329Kerneas 83 votes
That will be the last day I play
22%
Crine60SnakeEyes69jdrum663The_ChumpMSRDLDNapaHeroJChanceH9Username19273TrenzaloreThoye3xLunatiXxMasterpuffTBP21Darkknight_94Zan0NastyPhishTheBair123SpecMZippy_halliganqm44 29 votes

Comments

• SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,630 ★★★★★
    edited January 2022
    For me, I equate it to the addition of paradox charges like in Act 7.3. I wouldn't stop playing the game. Some uses might be cool and interesting, some would be downright terrifying. Overall, it just seems like it would add an increasing level of complexity that would be a lot of mental strain on the attacker. but I agree with LeNoir, it would depend on how it is implemented.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★
    I doubt they would introduce this mechanic with no intention of exploiting it on defense, or just punish the players by using it
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    I read it differently, not implying that the defender would be able to use the striker, but that you would use the striker to counter the fight. Does anyone have a screenshot of the question?
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    We need to see it in practise first to make any judgements on it but in general and given the current state of AI, it would be annoying and not something I would like introduced.
  • ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 883 ★★★
    No. Just no.
  • ImmortalImmortal Posts: 323 ★★
    when a special 2 will instantly k.o. definitely don’t need striker…
  • If they can interrupt your combo like we can do to the opponent then it’s a hard pass from me. Imagine Kraven with strikers on a boss node. Map management would be a joke
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,105 ★★★★
    Given the AI can now throw unblockable specials while you are blocking, let alone given how tough some are to dodge that are not unblockable...

This is kabam, so on top of horrible node and paradox combos, what are the *worst* defender striker combos? Because they will do them.

War machine sp1 or Tigra sp2 striker?
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,738 ★★★★★
    It's hard enough to bait specials from passive AI, imagine baiting striker on top of it
  • CassyCassy Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    Only way it would be cool is as a mystique side quest.