**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Loki Update Discussion

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Why you always fix things that affect you as an enterprise asap. But if it affects us, you wait as long as you can, 8 hours of maintenance and still lag, bugs, freezing, but for nerfing champs you’re quick af to “fix” them

This is not a nerf. This had no effect on the game, save for 5 people that had access to Hela. Aside from them, there was nobody with Access to Hela or the synergy that made this possible. Without that Synergy, reach the huge amount of damage was not a possibility.

But Miike, that does not address the people who were foolish enough to rank up Loki thinking he was god tier because of this synergy all of a sudden.

Why would anyone rank up Loki before actually acquiring Hela? Only the five top legends runners even have a reasonable right to complain about this in the first place, and even for those people it seems Loki will still be doing almost the same damage with SP2 against most LoL opponents. Only against the very high health ones will damage be lower than it originally would have been, and still higher than the LoL damage cap.

It's called "throwing shade."

The shade of it all!
    It's not really a nerf. It's an adjustment before release. Hela hasn't been released yet. It's also not unreasonable. Capping it at 100k is still powerful. I don't know of any Champ that can mount to 200k+ with one Special.
  • KestrelleKestrelle Posts: 441 ★★
    It's a nerf. Absolutely no question about it.

And she has been released, just not to everyone
    5 people have her. That's not a release. It's not a nerf. Without that Synergy, he wouldn't be capable of that Damage. It's an adjustment before release. Regardless of the semantics of it, you can't argue that a Champ should be able to do 200 ticks on one L2.
  • KestrelleKestrelle Posts: 441 ★★
    That's a release to five people. More importantly, the overwhelmingly accepted definition of nerf has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not the item or character has been publicly released. Dictionary after dictionary, source after source. Unless your name is Miriam Webster, just accept the fact that you're making stuff up and are wrong.
    5 people were given her to review. That is not a release. As for the word nerf, there is more than one meaning. We're not here to debate them.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,753 ★★★★★
    so Loki can deal 100K in LOL or 50K?
    If it's 100K, then why he is above the damage cap? Do you have plan to change the damage cap of LOL to 100K, or this is just a special case for Loki?

Direct damage ignores the cap
  • FixxxFixxx Posts: 234
    5 people were given her to review. That is not a release. As for the word nerf, there is more than one meaning. We're not here to debate them.

Hela is an extra prize to the top 5 Goldblum finishers
  • Slux83Slux83 Posts: 357 ★★
    Loki was and remain trash. That 7% damage was the only good thing about him but now he's back on the bench of the crappy champs. Even with 200k+ damage it would have taken some practice and for sure more revives that with SL.

This is to say that the nerf (or correction) was not needed.

Fixxx wrote: »

It's possible I misunderstood. Wasn't it discovered after a YouTube video?
  • SharkJawsSharkJaws Posts: 78
    Speeds80 wrote: »
    Wookeh said it, this nerf was from the overreaction of people to a photo without doing any research, that damage required a long process and a lot of block damage, you're far better off with a starlord or sparky, it actually makes more sense to have more than 3 champs in the game who can do an easy path in lol for less than $500 worth of units, pretty sure you just made even a r4 5* Loki worse than a 4* starlord again

agreed.
  • FixxxFixxx Posts: 234

One of the recipients shared his vid to Vince, who shared it in his youtube account

One of the recipients shared his vid to Vince, who shared it in his youtube account

Ah ok. I thought I read that YouTubers were given a copy for review. In any case, she's not released to everyone. I don't consider that a release.
  • xxyanarxx wrote: »
    Could you please tell me if this synergy will be available via 2 star Hela or not?

It will only be available for 4-Star and 5-Star Hela.

Now I don't have to redeem for that 2* Hela from Insider
  • Superman69 wrote: »
    This again proves that the testing team doesn't play this game. I mean the day Hela's info was leaked on reddit, a no. of players read that synergy and immediately started talking about Loki and Lol.

BUT, it took some youtube videos for the officials to recognize that stuff, AFTER the character was released in-game (maybe not for all, but for 5 players nonetheless)

You guys need some better testers tbh.

100% Agree. It was also my first thought. Kinda lol @ Kabam (and not that game mode :D )
  • Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★

If even 1 player gets her that is a release of a champion lol.
    Draco2199 wrote: »

That would be a pre-release because the release is when she actually hits the Arena and Crystals.

That would be a pre-release because the release is when she actually hits the Arena and Crystals.

Just stop already lol.
  • Dezz_1Dezz_1 Posts: 118
    He can't help it.
  • Rank down tickets now??
  • It's not really a nerf. It's an adjustment before release. Hela hasn't been released yet. It's also not unreasonable. Capping it at 100k is still powerful. I don't know of any Champ that can mount to 200k+ with one Special.

Yes but u didnt mess with hela u messed with loki who has been released so yes its a nerf boom!!
    They capped the Damage possible with het Synergy. Prior to her existence, he was not even capable of that Damage. That does not constitute as a nerf. It's an adjustment to scale with the meta of the game.
  • 5 people were given her to review. That is not a release. As for the word nerf, there is more than one meaning. We're not here to debate them.

And stop tryin to play with words here and just be honest to yourselves.its a nerf because u nerfed loki.if u had changed hela synergy ok it wouldnt be a nerf but u changed loki so where are the ranl down tickets?what if i 4/55 my loki who gonna give me my cats back??
    If you jumped the gun and Ranked him after seeing a video without finding out more information, that's on you.
  • ConnectConnect Posts: 197
    edited November 2017
    Firstly. Loki is a nerf.

Why because his ability with spec2 has always been there pre 12.0 update.

Now a new champ get released n now because they decided to place a silly synergy in the mix , therefore it warrentted Loki to have his spec2 capped.

This to me is nothing to do with Loki.

This is kabam using a new method of nerfing by creating a new champ then making a synergy with a top champ, just so they can nerf him.

The game is messed up. Kabam said by nerfing certain champs, wp n bp teams they’ll create a fairer game.

Now the game is so bad that you only need 3-6 champs out the whole game to finish all the harder content.

Only use some champ have now is only as arena fodder or war diversity defenders.

I hope kabam make war attack diversity that you’ll gain more points if your alliance have different attackers, you do war n every team near enough brings the same attackers.
    That's not it at all. He wasn't even capable of that Damage before the Synergy, and he's still capable of much more than he was previously, after the cap. Honestly, the dramatics.
    They capped the Damage possible with het Synergy. Prior to her existence, he was not even capable of that Damage. That does not constitute as a nerf. It's an adjustment to scale with the meta of the game.

Prior bwahahahahaha thats funny!

Was Loki doing over 200k an L2 before Hela came? No. Wasn't even doing 100k.
    edited November 2017

Was Loki doing over 200k an L2 before Hela came? No. Wasn't even doing 100k.

Can you provide proof he wasn't? Do you even have a r5 4* or rank 3 5* Loki?

Additionally SL and Sparky can do more than 200k damage on their l2s so why is Lokis a problem?