**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Who's the most versatile champ?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Professor_WongProfessor_Wong Posts: 44
    edited January 2022
    Longshot.

His sig ability allows him to nullify most buffs that serve as a disadvantage to him and pure of heart ability allows him to finish off most opponents who are weak to bleed and/or incinerate. Additionally, bad karma allows him to gain extra power to launch the nasty special attacks when pure of heart is active.

This is just personal opinion.
  • Options
    ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 883 ★★★
    Outside of the 2 always mentioned as top...Claire and Warlock.
  • Options
    mattressmattress Posts: 405 ★★
    Claire and Beardo
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian
    For me, if we are defining versatility as having the widest range of abilities to counter the widest range of situations, my top contenders would be Venom, Claire, and Shang Chi.
  • Options
    BeeweeBeewee Posts: 533 ★★★★
    Its quake and ghost and its not even close
  • Options
    spigwenderspigwender Posts: 473 ★★★
    For my roster, probably doom, prof. X or ghost. Can do a lot. Scarlet Witch sigil and OG Black Panther have been serving me well as of late, white magneto as well, but he is unawakened and only r2 6 star so I have yet to see his full potential, but even in non-metal fights he hits super hard.
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
    Super Skrull.
  • Options
    BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,073 ★★★★★
    For me it's is Sorcerer because her regen is very solid and can take solid punishment at block. Have good set utilities and very solid damage when ramped up
  • Options
    GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,208 ★★★★★
    Umm Hercules goes BBBBRRRRRR
  • Options
    Norman_OroNorman_Oro Posts: 33
    edited February 2022
    Kind of as Konstant45 alluded to, one way to think of versatility is: 10 nodes are selected at random. You have no information about those nodes (ie, the opponent or the type of node) until you pick your champ. You also don't know who your champion's teammates will be beforehand, so you can't count on synergies. The goal, of course, is to win as many fights with your champ as possible. Who is the one champion you send into those 10 fights? For me, it'd be Cap IW, Hype, Kitty Pryde or BWCV.
  • Options
    EtherealityEthereality Posts: 685 ★★★
    CAIW at max sig, BWCV, Warlock, Apoc, Mr. Fantastic, Shang Chi are to me the very definition of the game's Swiss Army Knives.
  • Options
    edited February 2022

CAIW at max sig, BWCV, Warlock, Apoc, Mr. Fantastic, Shang Chi are to me the very definition of the game's Swiss Army Knives.

If only Shang-Chi had a power-drain or regen strike, but I guess that'd be too crazy. He'd be even more op than he is now.
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Void and Herc are about equal in versatility to me.
    Nebs and Sentinel are also incredibly versatile
  • Options
    PGK88PGK88 Posts: 84
    I like using CAIW, but the one champ i always go to in difficult situation is Dragon man. With Diablo synergy, he is very useful if he can still gain power...
  • Options

Kind of as Konstant45 alluded to, one way to think of versatility is: 10 nodes are selected at random. You have no information about those nodes (ie, the opponent or the type of node) until you pick your champ. You also don't know who your champion's teammates will be beforehand, so you can't count on synergies. The goal, of course, is to win as many fights with your champ as possible. Who is the one champion you send into those 10 fights? For me, it'd be Cap IW, Hype, Kitty Pryde or BWCV.

I've got to add Warlock to this list. In terms of the variety of content and champions he can deal with, I think he's one of the best.
  • Options
    kilgorekopkilgorekop Posts: 12
    Skiddy212 said:

Hot topic thread

I think Apoc and Doom can handle most situations. Obviously their weaknesses are present (especially doom's to torch) but i think Dooms power control, and specials are insane. Apoc's immunity's, damage, and debuffs he gives off just handles champions very well.

Definitely going to be some controversial opinions. Like the thread idea tho

Agree with you, although Apoc needs ramp up or synergies, so maybe this reduces its versatility (as for CAIW, which requires a bit of team building to shine, but he is surely very versatile!).

I'd also add BWCW! She's great: you can have the immunity you need, nullify, regen, lot of damage, power control... and she also boosts the attack of the team against villain. She helps me through a lot of contents!
  • Options
    BarryMcCaulkinerBarryMcCaulkiner Posts: 178 ★★
    My boy punisher 2099 still holds a light for a utility powerhouse
  • Options
    Dash855Dash855 Posts: 239
    You can obviously make an argument for a lot of champions especially if we put synergy’s into play. In my opinion best utility without synergy’s is either CGR, doom, or Claire and best with synergy’s in my opinion is probably ghost.