**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Remember Bases?

MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
Welcome to the remember series I'm you're host, Max! You might know me from my famous taskmaster posts and not for anything else, Ægon hate post... anyways you remember alliance bases right?
The bases that would be a new feature that we waited for but never came, which reminds me of the "new masteries" but we will wait for that.

Anyways

if this ever came out what do you think it would become or be?

Comments

• Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★
    what were bases anyway? Its been awhile
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    edited February 2022
    Skiddy212 said:

what were bases anyway? Its been awhile

Conquer a part of the battlerealm and make it yours(and ally's)
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    They will be here eventually... :)
  • Steel_Ball_RunSteel_Ball_Run Posts: 534 ★★★
    My bois Jelliebean and Mambo
  • SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,158 ★★★★
    edited February 2022
    I think it morphed into alliance war, but would be happy if they named the new raid function bases
  • Mario33Mario33 Posts: 477 ★★★
    edited February 2022

They're coming soon right?

Yes, early june honey.

• dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    Auce said:

Remember when 4* champs were AQ rewards?

I remember when our entire alliance was jacked when we won the 4* Unstoppable Colossus reward for some alliance event .. :#
  • Arbrowe91Arbrowe91 Posts: 33
    I remember using catalysts as iso accidentally using the wrong ones
  • Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,309 ★★★★★
    edited February 2022
    I def remember u for your previous posts bro. No need disrespecting yourself again
  • RebarkRebark Posts: 344 ★★★
    Is there any position from kabam on what these bases would be? what was the idea behind it? I'm very curious and wanted to know more about what they thought
  • Rebark said:

Is there any position from kabam on what these bases would be? what was the idea behind it? I'm very curious and wanted to know more about what they thought

My understanding was that the concept of bases was fairly vague, and the core of the idea was eventually supplanted by alliance war. Think alliance war but with permanent defense placement and asynchronous attacking (i.e. we might be attacking you without you simultaneously attacking me).

The concept goes back a long ways, to the very early days of smartphone gaming, with everything from the ultra casual "MMOs" (which were like playing Risk but with more numbers) to stuff like Clash of Clans, so I would not be surprised if bases were "let's do something like that" but then never got past that stage of development.
  • DNA3000 said:

Rebark said:

My understanding was that the concept of bases was fairly vague, and the core of the idea was eventually supplanted by alliance war. Think alliance war but with permanent defense placement and asynchronous attacking (i.e. we might be attacking you without you simultaneously attacking me).

The concept goes back a long ways, to the very early days of smartphone gaming, with everything from the ultra casual "MMOs" (which were like playing Risk but with more numbers) to stuff like Clash of Clans, so I would not be surprised if bases were "let's do something like that" but then never got past that stage of development.
    If like clash of clans other members could watch the actual fight in war it would be so cute like spectate option is not in the game after all these years is baffling.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

Rebark said:

If like clash of clans other members could watch the actual fight in war it would be so cute like spectate option is not in the game after all these years is baffling.
    Spectate mode is one of those things that is relatively easy to engineer at the beginning of time, and exceedingly complex to retrofit after the fact.