**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Inside the Contest ep 3 - Omega Sentinel first look, Act 7.4 boss reveal and April champs confirmed

Comments

• ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★

Looks like we're getting more UI updates too

They said that they were going to be making a gradual updates to the UI over the next couple of months, so this was to be expected.

And the psychoman buff? Wasnt it at march?

It is but it's a value only buff so if it goes well, something along the lines of Moleman, if it doesn't, Ronin..

Which means the only real problem will be the threads here.
    Dart1981 said:

Dart1981 said:

Dart1981 said:

Did they seriously say that the Side Quest for next month is the womens day boss rush…… or will it be like normal, with the womens day quest in addition to another, normal side quest. Very disappointing if it is the only side quest

To quote what was said in the vid: "We've dedicated the entire side quest to celebrate it [Womens history month].

So the latter
    That’s rubbish. Another dead month then. The data mined womens boss run rewards looked rubbish too……oh well. Don’t know why I build my hopes up any more

Why is this rubbish?
    Normally we get SQ content to do as well as the boss rush. Even if they average out the rewards to be roughly the same as the combined boss rush and SQ, it’s just less to do. I enjoy completing a variety of content and it has been lacking recently and looks like it’s continuing
    Oh okay I thought maybe you might have had an issue with women's history month or something.
  • Shock29Shock29 Posts: 538 ★★★
    edited March 2022

Not sure if it's really relevant, but I've noticed the player name for the account in this picture is Karatemike415. Does that mean Karatemike has had a chance to try and test out this boss fight? If so, I'd be interested to know what he thinks of it so far.
    Shock29 said:

Not sure if it's really relevant, but I've noticed the player name for the account in this picture is Karatemike415. Does that mean Karatemike has had a chance to try and test out this boss fight? If so, I'd be interested to know what he thinks of it so far.
    CCP probably did a beta version of the fight but that was before their recommendations or suggestions, so it's safe to assume that whatever fight he had to do is not the exact same fight everybody else would get.
  • Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,308 ★★★★★
    get ready for peni and kitty now, pain in the entire body
  • firemoon712firemoon712 Posts: 546 ★★★
    Heck yes.
    They're adding Scorpion.
    I've waited over 7 years to make this joke.
    "Holy ****, they're adding Scorpion. I'm going to pull him as a 4 star and spear so many opponents and... this is the Marvel version."
    Unfunny stale jokes aside, seeing both Black Cat and Scorpion (Marvel) in the contest has the excitement going through my vains.
  • Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★

wow that scorpion looks real similar to the Spider-Man PS4 version… think I’m already in love with both him and both of March’s champs

the animation team is the best and most consistent team at Kabam

Can you post the photo of the April champs?

I concur with animation team comment
  • Dart1981 said:

Shepard69 said:

Dart1981 said:

Dart1981 said:

Did they seriously say that the Side Quest for next month is the womens day boss rush…… or will it be like normal, with the womens day quest in addition to another, normal side quest. Very disappointing if it is the only side quest

To quote what was said in the vid: "We've dedicated the entire side quest to celebrate it [Womens history month].

So the latter
    That’s rubbish. Another dead month then. The data mined womens boss run rewards looked rubbish too……oh well. Don’t know why I build my hopes up any more

how about you hold your premature whining until next week when the month is announced?
    No mate, don’t think I will, I’ll hold my “whining” til Kabam release a video saying that instead of the usual side quest AND boss rush they’ll just do one of the 2……which is what they just did and I reacted too
    I've been told from a good source there isn't going to be a boss rush. However we'll find out in a week
  • Duo_KulioDuo_Kulio Posts: 180 ★★
    Skiddy212 said:

wow that scorpion looks real similar to the Spider-Man PS4 version… think I’m already in love with both him and both of March’s champs

the animation team is the best and most consistent team at Kabam

Can you post the photo of the April champs?

I concur with animation team comment

• ChikelChikel Posts: 2,056 ★★★★

That unit stash though
  • Dart1981Dart1981 Posts: 222 ★★★

Dart1981 said:

Shepard69 said:

Dart1981 said:

Dart1981 said:

So the latter

how about you hold your premature whining until next week when the month is announced?
    No mate, don’t think I will, I’ll hold my “whining” til Kabam release a video saying that instead of the usual side quest AND boss rush they’ll just do one of the 2……which is what they just did and I reacted too
    I've been told from a good source there isn't going to be a boss rush. However we'll find out in a week
    Just feels like an opportunity lost to throw some fun, short content into the game when it has been sorely lacking recently. Basically a whole quarter of nothing special.
  • DrDrillDrDrill Posts: 163 ★★★

DrDrill said:

We were promised mastery 2.0 to drop early 2022. aka first quarter.
    yet, no mention for it in a video that says what's gonna happen in the next 3 months

Roadmap =/= promise
    the promise I was talking about is not the roadmap. they stated that in one of the thread here that they will deliver the mastery 2.0 update early 2022. NOT IN THE ROADMAP
    by the way. the talk about it in roadmap was saying it's late 2021.
  • DrDrill said:

DrDrill said:

We were promised mastery 2.0 to drop early 2022. aka first quarter.
    yet, no mention for it in a video that says what's gonna happen in the next 3 months

Roadmap =/= promise
    the promise I was talking about is not the roadmap. they stated that in one of the thread here that they will deliver the mastery 2.0 update early 2022. NOT IN THE ROADMAP
    by the way. the talk about it in roadmap was saying it's late 2021.
    We technically still are in early 2022
  • BocksaroxBocksarox Posts: 329 ★★★
    Who puts Peni in a boss rush?
  • DiplodocusDiplodocus Posts: 234 ★★★
    Bocksarox said:

Who puts Peni in a boss rush?

KABAM
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    edited March 2022

am I dumb or does anyone else not see anything different
    Looks like they are making the menu larger so that you can see some of the tags/abilities without needing to scroll.

Also, they are placing the quick toggle buttons that you see when you're questing, on the right. Overall, seems better in that you can access things during the pre-fight screen, as opposed to needing to exit out to different screens.

I am wondering how champion size scaling is going to work, considering the issues they had with scaling UI elements across different devices a few months ago. Herc in this picture looks a little bit taller than Kang. I wonder how they will portray Sentinel vs Rocket Raccoon.
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    Dart1981 said:

Just feels like an opportunity lost to throw some fun, short content into the game when it has been sorely lacking recently. Basically a whole quarter of nothing special.

I think historically the first quarter of the year has usually felt 'dead'.

I don't know whether it is simply due to withdrawal from the content overload of December, if there is truly a decreased amount of content, or if in real life it also feels like there's not much to do this time of year (few big holidays, few new movies being released, still in winter, no holiday themed Starbucks drinks, etc).