Options

T4CC becoming a problem for endgame players

I don't know how other people with 15+ r3 champs are having enough T4CC to continue to rank up champs. It is becoming a real bottleneck for me. Opening the crystals from the glory store doesn't help when RNG is involved. It took me over a month to get 6 Cosmic T4cc to r5 Hercules. Are other people running into a shortage T4CC?

Comments

• Options
    LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    I’m in your boat, but I recognize players have different needs. Sounds like the glory store needs an update
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,260 ★★★★★
    42 R3s, 1 R4 (Excluding 4 more formed T5CC in stash).

Still have 50 T4CC crystals and 6.3k T4CC Fragment crystals.

Just the T5B…..
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,260 ★★★★★

I don't know how other people with 15+ r3 champs are having enough T4CC to continue to rank up champs. It is becoming a real bottleneck for me. Opening the crystals from the glory store doesn't help when RNG is involved. It took me over a month to get 6 Cosmic T4cc to r5 Hercules. Are other people running into a shortage T4CC?

You need to rank based on what T4CC is in excess IMO. Based on rng, opening T4CC tends to give you a balance across all classes and if you rank lopsidedly, you’ll run into problems with a specific T4CC class.
  • Options
    NoobdaNoobda Posts: 787 ★★★
    I thought I was the only one facing it coz many people said that they had many in overflow.
    At this point, I have champs waiting to be r3ed but I am so short of t4cc's that I need to wait for AQ and let the RNG decide my fate again.
    T4cc are more rare than T5cc for me coz storage of my most T5cc's are 2/2 already.
  • Options
    BocksaroxBocksarox Posts: 329 ★★★
    I don't have this issue. I'm capped out on most T4CC and I have many, many full T4CC crystals that I haven't opened.
  • Options
    TimeGenesisTimeGenesis Posts: 732 ★★★
    Hard disagree...currently have 95 T4CCs and 3k+ frags.

Just lacking T5B
  • Options
    DarthVadidDarthVadid Posts: 396 ★★★

t4 basic and T5 basic are more rare then T5 class catalysts. Very annoying. T5 Basics shards should be 18000 in the glory store and in side quests.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,822 Guardian

Everyone has a shortage of something. If I handed you a hundred T4CC of every class and you tried to use them, you'd run out of something else, and then that would be the problem. No one earns exactly the correct amount of everything to spend everything exactly evenly because everyone plays the game differently. Managing this is just (a deliberate) part of the game.
  • Options
    MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    I finally have some t4cc in each class and have 0 t5b now.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,300 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Everyone has a shortage of something. If I handed you a hundred T4CC of every class and you tried to use them, you'd run out of something else, and then that would be the problem. No one earns exactly the correct amount of everything to spend everything exactly evenly because everyone plays the game differently. Managing this is just (a deliberate) part of the game.
    Correct. There's a misconception that because higher-end Players are Ranking higher, they have greater needs and should have everything they need. That kind of a system would prohibit anyone else from advancing. Ever.
  • Options
    BullDOSRBullDOSR Posts: 21
    I’m bottlenecked on just about all resources, all the time. There just isn’t nearly enough rewards for any content in the game. It’s even worse for solo players like myself who have no way of earning glory. I always hated alliance play and have no interest going back, but my progression has slowed to a snails pace. It’s practically impossible for solo endgame players to make any real progress. Kabam really needs to address this situation. More solo only content, glory for solo play and significantly better rewards for all content across all difficulties!
  • Options
    BullDOSRBullDOSR Posts: 21
    DNA3000 said:

BullDOSR said:

I’m bottlenecked on just about all resources, all the time. There just isn’t nearly enough rewards for any content in the game. It’s even worse for solo players like myself who have no way of earning glory. I always hated alliance play and have no interest going back, but my progression has slowed to a snails pace. It’s practically impossible for solo endgame players to make any real progress. Kabam really needs to address this situation. More solo only content, glory for solo play and significantly better rewards for all content across all difficulties!

Solo players can earn glory. All they have to do is create an alliance themselves, close it so no one else can enter, and then run an easy map all by themselves. Map 1, for example, is trivial for a solo player to do, and you'll earn a significant amount of glory that way. You can probably get something along the lines of a thousand glory per (AQ) week which is about 3000 glory per month. Not huge, but not bad.

A few years ago I posted a thread on this idea, which other players documented their own experiences doing, either from before I posted the thread or after they were inspired to do it themselves. Compared to the rewards you get for doing other content, it is a reasonable investment of time for someone who wants to remain 100% solo.

Edit: thread here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/183695/earning-glory-as-a-solo-player
    Man you just blew my mind lol. I can’t believe I never thought of this when now it seems like such an obvious fix to the solo glory problem. I just wasted a year and a half not taking advantage of this. Thanks for the insight
  • Options
    Kuzuri_1832Kuzuri_1832 Posts: 203
    Everyone has their own bottleneck. I do not share the same bottleneck as the OP, but others do. I think that's what helps the health of the game. If we all had all the resources we needed, then it would be less fun and engaging, IMO.