**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Leveling characters is stupid difficult >:(

If my math is right, by doing the dailies, on expert, you get about 2k in class catalyst fragment a week and if you need 36k to make one that's 18 weeks of straight play just for one and some of the 4 and 5 star characters need 2 or 3 catalysts. That's more then a year of play just to rank up once, that absolutely ridiculous. Or am I missing something? Thanks.

Comments

• KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,738 ★★★★★
    It'd be easier to start with what you aren't missing :wink: But really: these are a terrible source of catalysts. Try looking at monthly Event Quest rewards, these are usually enough to cover basic needs. Additionally, you can play Alliance Quest and buy these with its unique currency, Glory (check out the "Glory" tab in Store)
  • JhonST33JhonST33 Posts: 499 ★★★
    I don't know your current title or progression level but I adviced you try AQ 4 or 5, you get enough glory to buy resources like 4TCC.
  • LordPSNLordPSN Posts: 799 ★★★★
    I think the new patch notes are indicating that the daily catalysts quests are now free for all. @Kabam Miike Will we be getting same amount of fragments from the updated daily quests are increased quantity?
  • Wasy1Wasy1 Posts: 98

If my math is right, by doing the dailies, on expert, you get about 2k in class catalyst fragment a week and if you need 36k to make one that's 18 weeks of straight play just for one and some of the 4 and 5 star characters need 2 or 3 catalysts. That's more then a year of play just to rank up once, that absolutely ridiculous. Or am I missing something? Thanks.

Glory store
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,085 ★★★★★
    Leveling up this guy
    costed like 500-600k gold lol
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,978 ★★★★★

You're missing the entire rest of the game. The dailies are the only places for rank up resources.
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,793 ★★★★★
    You think this is bad? Try playing Marvel Future Fight, it's five times worse and six times as hard.

You need biometrics to unlock the character, usually 10, at 1* level. You then need to level them up with XP, use more biometrics to level them up to 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 star levels (roughly on a par with maxing out a 3 or 4* champion), you then also need to max the characters 5 character gear items (usually costume pieces or weapons) which requires a mixture of gear boxes , biometrics and other guff to level up, you then need to give them an Iso-8 set to boost their stats and then level that up using more Iso-8, you need to add a Celestial Tech Pack (or CTP) to upgrade other stats, add norn stones to upgrade gears and you need to upgrade the characters mastery using norn stones and then, you also need to take your tier 1, 6* star full mastery level 65 character to tier 2, which requires more biometrics, more norns and other guff as well as gold. AND THEN some characters can be upgraded to level 70 and their gear upgraded to then take them to tier 3 (analogous to a mid-rank 5*) or be 'awakened' which requires even more of the materials.

AND that's not even getting into the need to collect and rank up Comic Cards for other stat buffs.

and a lot of these materials are really hard to collect in anything other than piddly quantities and require grinding mind-numbingly boring quests daily to get them.

And that's without the need to use premium currency to buy uniforms that also need to be levelled up.

and by the time you've got one uniform done, there's a new one out that requires you to repeat the process otherwise your god-tier champion winds up mediocre.
  • Lemon_Man44Lemon_Man44 Posts: 235 ★★★
    Was gonna agree when I saw level up in the title. But after reading your post and reading about tier 4 catalysts, tier 4 isn't hard to get these days. You've got event quests, story quests, and more
  • StripesWaterkatStripesWaterkat Posts: 28
    How do you have so much crystal stuff? I'm currently only level 47 and haven't been able to beat chapter 5.1 yet, even with my top characters.I also need to find an alliance. My life was too chaotic, till recently, to focus on an alliance properly.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,734 ★★★★★

How do you have so much crystal stuff? I'm currently only level 47 and haven't been able to beat chapter 5.1 yet, even with my top characters.I also need to find an alliance. My life was too chaotic, till recently, to focus on an alliance properly.

Use the game to help you relax but don't use the game to run away from problems.
  • UnyonfaceUnyonface Posts: 519 ★★★

I play the game quite a bit and I play in AQ/AW all the time. By doing those 2 Alliance activities plus doing side quests and EQ’s every month help get me all the resources I need. Sometimes if I see a really good deal, I either use units or I buy it from the units store. I don’t have the best roster, but I’m pretty stacked in being able to complete content that I know I can do. Keep working on your roster and participate in content you can handle that gives you resources you need for rank ups.

• SHIELD4AGENTSHIELD4AGENT Posts: 915 ★★★★
    Super easy, barley an inconvenience
  • PriyabrataPriyabrata Posts: 682 ★★★

Super easy, barley an inconvenience

Oh Really?
  • Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,309 ★★★★★
    nowadays i am having scarcity of both t4cc and t1 alpha, whether u agree or not, t2 alpha has become much more easily obtainable then t1 alpha
  • ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 883 ★★★
    One day you will have t4cc in overflow, except the one class you need it in. For me, that would be mutant.

Eventually you will open 30 t4cc just to get 2 of the class you need.
  • ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 883 ★★★

nowadays i am having scarcity of both t4cc and t1 alpha, whether u agree or not, t2 alpha has become much more easily obtainable then t1 alpha

You probably enjoyed this months event store then. Tons of t1a if you choose it.....and the catalyst arena is in progress.
  • Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,309 ★★★★★
    ChiliDog said:

You probably enjoyed this months event store then. Tons of t1a if you choose it.....and the catalyst arena is in progress.
    Catalyst arena😤😤 have to do over 1.8 mil with 4 stars is too grindy for me. Atleast i had an option to chooses t1 apha in epic shards because legendary was for t4cc
  • UnyonfaceUnyonface Posts: 519 ★★★

ChiliDog said:

Catalyst arena😤😤 have to do over 1.8 mil with 4 stars is too grindy for me. Atleast i had an option to chooses t1 apha in epic shards because legendary was for t4cc
    You don’t have 5* to help you grind?