Options

For those starting out this game and/or aren't lucky with their crystal pulls.

WayWorn2525WayWorn2525 Posts: 835 ★★★
My grinding arena results are in the second post.

Comments

• Options
    LordPSNLordPSN Posts: 799 ★★★★
    And then people say that the arena is plagued by 'bots'.
    SMH.
    Good job op!
  • Options
    LordPSN said:

And then people say that the arena is plagued by 'bots'.
    SMH.
    Good job op!

Thanks, it's the only way to go if u can't get the champs through the crystal pulls
  • Options
    Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,184 ★★★★

Most players hate grinding the arena, but for me, it's either hoping for RNG luck when opening crystals or just grind it out.

Below are champs I had to get through grinding the arena. A few decent champs.

Shang Chi

Hercules

America Chavez

Spidey 2099

Sparky

Peni Parker

Champs through crystal openings

Psylocke

Sup Iron Man

Red Skull

Hemdall

There's been a previous post from a player angry about champs they're getting.
    For those starting out and frustrated about not getting the champs you want, try building a decent 5* and/or 6* and take a chance grinding for them in the arena. The last thing you wanna do is get frustrated with a game that has tons of issues.
    I don't have a large 6* roster but hopefully, in a year, I'll move up to grinding for 6*.

Kitty Pryde, Dr. Doom, Anti-Venom, Hyperion, and Void will be my targets for the upcoming Basic arena, champ I don't have.
    But have a hella of luck with crystal pulls and the grind to everyone!😁

Why would you grind for Chavez? 🤣 nice work tho 💪
  • Options
    GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    I never do this anymore. But back in the day all my top 4* champs were champs I grinded for in the 4* basic arena.

It was a lot easier to do than a 5* grind right now. But I have to agree with you fully that it is the most consistent way to get the champs you want. Those 4 stars helped me get to the point I am right now. Just as 5* champs will do right now for most players.
  • Options
    PriyabrataPriyabrata Posts: 979 ★★★★

On average how many points did you have to put in to get these champs? Also if possible could we have a look at your roster?
  • Options
    RomeroKRomeroK Posts: 49
    Ok I'll be simple with this I did grind my 4 star basic back becoz of the 1-10% margin the fact that still limit the 5 star to top 500 and not 1-10% is completely bizarre and something I personally can't do with the amount of time on my hands even after giving to the game as much as I can
  • Options
    ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    The title "FOR THOSE STARTING OUT THIS GAME" is already misleading vs what you said in 2nd post. Starting out players do not have access to the basic/feature arena, even they do, it takes time to accumulate certain numbers of champs in roster or otherwise grinding basic / feature for at least 18mm / 30mm become mission impossible. (Here I'm talking about NOT using units for refreshing champs.)

Frankly I also get 5* from arena grinding periodically, yet it is just an exchange of your time for RELATIVELY certain results. I respect your efforts in getting all those good 5* but this method is not always time feasible for many players.

Few years ago I usually grind 200 rounds at least in each arena (i.e. 400 rounds in 3 days). Now I won't do so unless they change the rewards. Arena is a boring and repetitive job for me.
  • Options
    KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,216 ★★★★

On average how many points did you have to put in to get these champs? Also if possible could we have a look at your roster?
    His arena scores are at the top of the pictures the OP posted. 👀
  • Options
    SPARTAN0078SPARTAN0078 Posts: 95
    Really good job , appreciate the grind keep it up mate , but till date I can ever grind are a more than beyond milestones

Plus tbf got luck with pulling herc , peni 4 times and also heimdall , plus being lvl 60 with a decently stacked roster and a cav , ever felt the need to grind out 5* especially in area

6* being too far fetched for me , though I need a nick fury
  • Options
    Reference said:

The title "FOR THOSE STARTING OUT THIS GAME" is already misleading vs what you said in 2nd post. Starting out players do not have access to the basic/feature arena, even they do, it takes time to accumulate certain numbers of champs in roster or otherwise grinding basic / feature for at least 18mm / 30mm become mission impossible. (Here I'm talking about NOT using units for refreshing champs.)

Frankly I also get 5* from arena grinding periodically, yet it is just an exchange of your time for RELATIVELY certain results. I respect your efforts in getting all those good 5* but this method is not always time feasible for many players.

Few years ago I usually grind 200 rounds at least in each arena (i.e. 400 rounds in 3 days). Now I won't do so unless they change the rewards. Arena is a boring and repetitive job for me.

It's true when starting this game out we don't have access to the basic /feature arena and it takes time to accumulate champs.
    That's why I wrote the following in the post,
    "For those starting out and frustrated about not getting the champs you want, try building a decent 5* and/or 6* and take a chance grinding for them in the arena. The last thing you wanna do is get frustrated with a game that has tons of issues. My point here was just keep building your roster from the ground up from the 4* and upwards.
    And when you have a decent amount of 5* and/or 6*, then try your hand in the arena.
    For me, opening crystals hasn't been great at getting the champs I want, so going into the grind has been the better option. Atm, I'll probably end up with a 5* Medusa, a champ I don't have, through the current grind.
    I don't have a large 6* roster but hopefully, in a year, I'll move up to grinding for 6*."

I mentioned try building a decent 5* and/or 6* (implying going through SQ, EQ to get shards to collect as many champs as possible even if the champs aren't the ones you want) and take a chance once you have accumulated enough champs and move up the lvls. This takes time, which some players starting out may not know or realize.

I mentioned I don't have a large amt of 6* and I mention in a year, I'll start grinding for 6*, that's implying a work in progress and I'm not ready to grind for 6*.
    There are players that are frustrated with their pulls, but it's all work in progress and I would say the majority of the players that's been playing for 5 or more years would say it takes time to get there. All I'm saying is just keep at it, no matter how frustrating the pulls are.
    For players starting out, work on getting a good roster of 4* and keep moving up to 5* and 6* as you progress further. It's work in progress.
    As a veteran like yourself, I'm sure the grind can be mundane and tedious, but for me, it's what I need to do in order to get the champs I want or need, but Kabam as sure hell isn't going to give them to me.
    With the upcoming Kitty Pryde arena, I don't expect to pull a 5* Kitty Pryde anytime soon from the crystals, I just have to get her through the arena grind, which I'm fine doing so.
    I do agree with you that amount of time needed to grind isn't feasible for a lot of players, so if there is some way to improve this aspect of the game, it would be welcome greatly!!