**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Cyber Monday offers leaked, legit?

2»

Comments

• Options
    OKAYGangOKAYGang Posts: 524 ★★★
    Okay, personally I am happy with the deals today. Especially the first!

But remember last year was the same, the mega deals come cyber Monday!

A year on hopefully these will advance, but let's remember what was offered last year!qg522ebxo820.png
    yn0994l03cb4.png
    c3ccga6o944j.png

Here are the unit pack deals from last year courtesy of DarkestDestroyer and Seatin from another post on the forums a few days ago.
  • Options
    DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,875 ★★★★★
    That's the nicest thing anyone's ever said about me on here XD
  • Options
    DrOctavius2_2DrOctavius2_2 Posts: 432 ★★
    The_One wrote: »
    retb1eney7ps.jpg

Those were last years deals, not a leak
  • Options
    bryndenriversbryndenrivers Posts: 443 ★★
    OKAYGang wrote: »
    So there was another part to this. They gave away free stuff with all the unit packs first, then they put this out. Many people bought every level of the unit packs because they were giving away t4b, t4c, 4* crystals, and generic 4* gems with them for free which at the time all those things still held some value. This follow up offer you see in the pic was basically a way to spend all the units for many people who purchased those deals.

Full disclosure, I was a sucker and bought them all last year, but after seeing how much that $195 investment has been devalued over the course of a year I no longer spend at all and probably won't this year even if they were giving free 6* crystals and 6* awakening gems away. I honestly don't play as much anymore so even if my past investments held their value it just wouldn't be worth it for me. That said, I am still interested to see what this years offers are.

You are right this offer was for the games birthday in December not for cyber Monday, this offer was from Dec 14ish not cyber Monday. You were right cyber Monday was all 4* awakening gems and catalysts attached to units packs
  • Options
    NEUROPLEXUSNEUROPLEXUS Posts: 92
    Ace_03 wrote: »
    That's from last year.

so was the black Friday offer. im sensing a pattern here. it could be legit
  • Options
    So there was another part to this. They gave away free stuff with all the unit packs first, then they put this out. Many people bought every level of the unit packs because they were giving away t4b, t4c, 4* crystals, and generic 4* gems with them for free which at the time all those things still held some value. This follow up offer you see in the pic was basically a way to spend all the units for many people who purchased those deals.

Full disclosure, I was a sucker and bought them all last year, but after seeing how much that $195 investment has been devalued over the course of a year I no longer spend at all and probably won't this year even if they were giving free 6* crystals and 6* awakening gems away. I honestly don't play as much anymore so even if my past investments held their value it just wouldn't be worth it for me. That said, I am still interested to see what this years offers are.

You are right this offer was for the games birthday in December not for cyber Monday, this offer was from Dec 14ish not cyber Monday. You were right cyber Monday was all 4* awakening gems and catalysts attached to units packs

No they were both on Cyber Monday actually. The unit pack deals were first then this came out a couple hours later. I remember buying every unit pack and having enough units to buy the first two tiers of the other deal. I think I passed on the third tier, but honestly I don't remember that part for sure. I used to spend way too much time and money on this game. My how things have changed since then.
  • Options
    @bryndenrivers and @BuzzLightyear, both deals in this thread were on Cyber Monday last year. The Unit pack deals were first in the morning. The three tiered offer was offered a couple hours later in the afternoon.

Being someone who was dumb enough to buy them all I remember it very well. Matter of fact I remeber it so well that I even remember there was a blunder where a select few people got the access to the unit pack deals a week early because of a mistake by the marketing team or something like that. I did not get them myself until Cyber Monday, but there were a couple summoners in my alliance at the time that scooped them up a week early.
  • Options
    Sith_LordSith_Lord Posts: 230 ★★
    edited November 2017
    @bryndenrivers and @BuzzLightyear, both deals in this thread were on Cyber Monday last year. The Unit pack deals were first in the morning. The three tiered offer was offered a couple hours later in the afternoon.

Being someone who was dumb enough to buy them all I remember it very well. Matter of fact I remeber it so well that I even remember there was a blunder where a select few people got the access to the unit pack deals a week early because of a mistake by the marketing team or something like that. I did not get them myself until Cyber Monday, but there were a couple summoners in my alliance at the time that scooped them up a week early.

Yeap. Exactly, correct. @BuzzLightyear & I were both in the same alliance at this time. We both bought all units offers, then blew all units on that Cache deal. Know what's even more funnier? That 5* awakening gem is still in my stash collecting dust. Damn science... Lol

As far as the deal being released early, Kabam messed up & released it on Black Friday by mistake. Then shut it down before anyone else can buy it, on top of those who already did, then re-released it again on Cyber Monday.

• Options
    ChitlinsChitlins Posts: 164 ★★
    Wouldn't even buy a 5* awakening gem crystal. Have a mystic and skill one but can't get a decent even demi God tier 5* champ and I have 16. And that's with being 0/11 on featured.

I would buy an offer if it were a 5* class specific champion crystal if it were 100 or under though.
  • Options
    MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,096 ★★★
    Hope that’s not it. First year kabam will not get money from me on cyber Monday if it is. Junk offers.
  • Options
    PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    It’s not a leak, it’s a fake. The data is not in the game files, it’s released when the offer goes live and the game client downloads it. This is just nonsense and a waste of time discussing it.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,261 ★★★★★
    If it's a leak, then it's not legit. We would see the actual Offers in the game.
  • Options
    BasicChampBasicChamp Posts: 97
    Lol, if that's the offer. Count me out. It hurt to spend $100 yet along $300. That is a total whale milker. More money to spend on other game.
  • Options
    nb9phrsrajqt.jpeg

This was kabams offer in December so let’s hope there’s a 5* offer. Could it be for cyber Monday I’m not sure.
  • Options
    Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    Let's hope that they DO NOT have the same offers for the same $$$ as last year. The game has changed drastically in the last 365 days, so I am hoping for REAL deals that offer good value. None of this $500 CAD for a random 5 star AG ****.

Having said this, it's Kabam. When they SHOULD offer a good deal they never do, and then when you least expect it, you get a decent thing like the current special calendar.
  • Options
    1haunted_memory1haunted_memory Posts: 804 ★★★
    I hope not
  • Options
    OhGodYesOhGodYes Posts: 143
    First off Black Friday and cyber Monday are supposed to offer deals, value and savings, not just offers that are like any other random day. 2nd, the so called Black Friday offer wasn’t really any of the items I mentioned above. It was just a money grab to help appease those looking to spend money that day, myself included. Last years cyber Monday had true value. I just hope that they upgrade the offer to fit in with the evolution of this game over the past year. I know they decision has been made but they should give what the people want I.e. T1 Alphas, Gold, & 5 Star awakening gems (generic). I didn’t throw in T2Alphas because we need the other resources first before we can use those!
  • Options
    DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,875 ★★★★★
    I agree, the deals should be like an Odin for £50 not £100.

That shows saving, offering the same plus other things isn't really saving or getting good deals.