**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

New UI

GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
Just updated. And the New UI looks really good. Much better than the previous version. Good job 👍

Comments

• Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,539 ★★★★★
    Anybody got a picture, can't update rn
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,504 ★★★★★
    Agree. I was worried after the first iteration, but props to the dev that has made this look great after a few updates.
  • IgnobleIgnoble Posts: 79
    The pre-fight UI looks… underscaled. But the menu looks clean and crisp now.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    They mentioned that they were going to be making slight tweaks as the months go on so don't be surprised if it changes a little more as time passes.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,175 ★★★★★

Just updated. And the New UI looks really good. Much better than the previous version. Good job 👍

Thanks!
    Ignoble said:

are you on a tablet? We scaled the panel in the middle on those devices so it all would fit nicely in the middle between the buttons. If there are readability issues though let me know.
    I like it. iPad Pro.
  • TrenzaloreTrenzalore Posts: 182 ★★★
    With all the problems this game is having this seems like something that could have been put off to focus on more important things.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★

With all the problems this game is having this seems like something that could have been put off to focus on more important things.

As mentioned above they have separate teams for separate things. They can't just throw everybody onto the same project because that's not a recipe for success. I know you're not happy to hear that answer but it's the truth in fact they even confirmed it as such in a response some time ago.
  • Sachhyam257Sachhyam257 Posts: 970 ★★★★
    The in-quest menu's change is really throwing me off lol, I keep clicking boost instead of exit.
  • IgnobleIgnoble Posts: 79

are you on a tablet? We scaled the panel in the middle on those devices so it all would fit nicely in the middle between the buttons. If there are readability issues though let me know.

I’m using tablet, yes.

This is what my pre-fight UI looks like. I don’t mind expanding the abilities tab to read more, but for me the text for the tags and HP is a bit small. It might be me nitpicking a bit, but I wouldn’t mind it being just slightly bigger.
    I do like the new UI, but at the moment, it just seems a bit small for my liking.
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★

Impossible to see the score and to see how much stikes you have done, once more great job

I'm using an iPhone 13 with IOS 15.3.1

This is not constant is it? I had it happen to me ones yesterday. A simple tab on the lined balloon removes it if you really need to see your score and multiplier.
    Minor thing.
  • AntsiouAntsiou Posts: 168 ★★
    edited March 2022

Impossible to see the score and to see how much stikes you have done, once more great job

This is not constant is it? I had it happen to me ones yesterday. A simple tab on the lined balloon removes it if you really need to see your score and multiplier.
    Minor thing.
    It’s actually quite annoying since the bar appears between matches, and is bugged (no buttons showed). So while it’s easy enough to click the menu button to hide the bar, it shouldn’t be open in the first place.
    And as @Cristalman said, when opened it visually badly placed as it’s covering information.
  • fitenitefitenite Posts: 17
    Hello @Kabam Zero
    I mentioned swapping the “Exit” button to the bottom row of the pre-fight UI during a live stream, and was told the reason for its current placement was to avoid accidentally pressing the “Fight” button in the attempt of pressing “Exit”.

After thinking about it, I realized that every button placed on the bottom row would pose the same risk, and started considering which outcome would be the least consequential.

The conclusion I arrived at is that the “Exit” button would be best served on the bottom row, and here’s why:

Exit: If you’re going for the exit button, then you’re going to leave/restart the quest anyway. So if the “Fight” button is pressed by accident, then at most you’d have to quit the fight and sit through 2 extra loading screens, nothing lost but a bit of time. Or, all your champs are already dead and nothing happens anyway.

Boost: Boosted Hp could be the difference of surviving by a sliver of health. Boosted attack could mean finishing the fight before the opponent reaches another special that will reduce your health points. Accidently starting the fight when trying to boost could lose a fight and cost extra resources.

Autoplay: Autoplay will become, if not already, the most commonly used between the 3 buttons. Autoplay is conveniently placed right next to the thumb and is the easiest way to move between fights, and now easier to toggle off after arriving at the pre-fight screen thanks to its repositioning. Much easier than wrestling with the input system, trying to convince it that you’ve already tapped the movement node 20 times, and no I don’t want to see what’s in the box just move already. Using autoplay to move also skips the need to select “Path A” when “Path A” is the only option to select.
    Starting a fight when trying to toggle off autoplay, before you’ve even selected the right champion for the fight, could cost the fight causing us to restart the quest losing all current progress or at the least some precious resources.

Both the Autoplay and Boost are buttons you’d press to continue progressing through the quest. A mistake in either attempt could mean starting the whole quest over again, losing all time and effort put into progress. Whereas the Exit button is to leave or restart. Meaning that accidentally starting a fight in the attempt of leaving a quest would be inconsequential when compared to the other 2 options.

And that is why I believe that the “Exit” button should be placed on the bottom row, and the “Autoplay” button on the top row.
  • Noise72Noise72 Posts: 337 ★★★
    My only suggestion would be to switch the "Rewards" button with the "Autoplay" button. Not sure why rewards is smack dab in the middle... Never once have I needed to know what the rewards for a single fight would be. Auto play is a commonly used button and should be front and center.

• Impossible to see the score and to see how much stikes you have done, once more great job

This is for sure a bug we are investigating. The cause is that the background is being set to expand when the tab bar actually isn't expanded. That's why the buttons aren't showing and if you press the tab button again it will expand out properly.
  • Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,823 ★★★★★
    Would you be so kind and check my suggestion in the upper third ? Regarding arena :smile:
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    edited March 2022
    fitenite said:

Hello @Kabam Zero
    I mentioned swapping the “Exit” button to the bottom row of the pre-fight UI during a live stream, and was told the reason for its current placement was to avoid accidentally pressing the “Fight” button in the attempt of pressing “Exit”.

After thinking about it, I realized that every button placed on the bottom row would pose the same risk, and started considering which outcome would be the least consequential.

The conclusion I arrived at is that the “Exit” button would be best served on the bottom row, and here’s why:

Exit: If you’re going for the exit button, then you’re going to leave/restart the quest anyway. So if the “Fight” button is pressed by accident, then at most you’d have to quit the fight and sit through 2 extra loading screens, nothing lost but a bit of time. Or, all your champs are already dead and nothing happens anyway.

Boost: Boosted Hp could be the difference of surviving by a sliver of health. Boosted attack could mean finishing the fight before the opponent reaches another special that will reduce your health points. Accidently starting the fight when trying to boost could lose a fight and cost extra resources.

Autoplay: Autoplay will become, if not already, the most commonly used between the 3 buttons. Autoplay is conveniently placed right next to the thumb and is the easiest way to move between fights, and now easier to toggle off after arriving at the pre-fight screen thanks to its repositioning. Much easier than wrestling with the input system, trying to convince it that you’ve already tapped the movement node 20 times, and no I don’t want to see what’s in the box just move already. Using autoplay to move also skips the need to select “Path A” when “Path A” is the only option to select.
    Starting a fight when trying to toggle off autoplay, before you’ve even selected the right champion for the fight, could cost the fight causing us to restart the quest losing all current progress or at the least some precious resources.

Both the Autoplay and Boost are buttons you’d press to continue progressing through the quest. A mistake in either attempt could mean starting the whole quest over again, losing all time and effort put into progress. Whereas the Exit button is to leave or restart. Meaning that accidentally starting a fight in the attempt of leaving a quest would be inconsequential when compared to the other 2 options.

And that is why I believe that the “Exit” button should be placed on the bottom row, and the “Autoplay” button on the top row.

Plus, it is the button that requires you to give confirmation before progressing. Thus a faulty tab on it has a build in save.
    So I agree it should be on the place you are most likely to press.
  • FrydayFryday Posts: 670 ★★★
    Hi @Kabam Zero

Good job on the continue work to improve the UI and players experience.

One simple thing that would make a massive difference to player experience would be the option of use items straight from the Item Stash.

Right now, players have to check the Stash, then find the item, use it, then go back to the Stash to claim it. Sometime things might not be clear (items lv 1 or 2, or different Arena boosters), and the wrong items get used instead.

So an option to just go to the Stash, select the items (that expiring soon) and use it would make a world of difference, and would cost Kabam nothing, a win win situation.

Hope it can be implemented it, thank you
  • Saru2244Saru2244 Posts: 181

Thanks!
    Ignoble said:

I´m using an Ipad Pro and even the Screen is very big, the pre - fight Window with the Numbers and the Name of the Champs is so small, that you can hardly read anything. So the Design ist great but there is so much Space left to scale this Window a little big bigger. This would be much comfortable.
  • Saru2244 said:

Thanks!
    Ignoble said:

I´m using an Ipad Pro and even the Screen is very big, the pre - fight Window with the Numbers and the Name of the Champs is so small, that you can hardly read anything. So the Design ist great but there is so much Space left to scale this Window a little big bigger. This would be much comfortable.
    Thanks for the feedback. I'll be looking into this more.
  • fitenite said:

Hello @Kabam Zero

These are some interesting points will be talking with UX more about this.
  • Would you be so kind and check my suggestion in the upper third ? Regarding arena :smile:

Hey @Fit_Fun9329 I wanted to let you know I've seen it but can't comment any further right now.