**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Community Feedback for battle grounds and things kabam should keep in mind

PriyabrataPriyabrata Posts: 733 ★★★
edited March 2022 in General Discussion
Ok so to start this isn't just my own opinion
I have talked to members of 11 different alliances
Ranging from platinum 1 to bronze ranks and solo players

And unanimously the reaction is that this is potentially the best thing that has ever happened in mcoc
Now i say "potentially " because there are still a few things that kabam should keep in mind while finalizing this goldmine of a content

1) Energy costs- I know the team at kabam is looking into it but for the people I asked they said 5⚡ or a separate energy for battle grounds should do the job

2) The rewards - Now the rewards matter A LOT for any content but kabam need to seriously consider the rewards for this. When incursions came out they were a big deal but look at them now it's a half dead piece of content, why? Because the rewards suck, I hope the higher ups take it into account before making any rash decisions

3) Boosts- Now there was some difference in opinion here but the majority of the people agree that the normal boosts shouldn't work in battle grounds, otherwise people would only play when they're boosted and instead of skill and strategy it would just simmer down to who can put on the most boosts ( some people also said that battlegrounds should have their own boosts but i suggest they better not cause the relics would act as the boosts i guess)

4) Concern regarding having just one leaderboard- i didn't initially think it of it much but alot of people i talked to brought this up,
Battleground seems to be built for only stacked roster and lower end players can't even hold decent ranks much less get any rewards
So, i think there should be some different leader boards of sorts based on maybe game progression or certain titles etc so that every section of the community has something to hope for
Sorry if that was too long

ALSO IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO ADD SOMETHING BE KIND ENOUGH TO SHARE IT BELOW THANKS

Comments

• Options
    MaxtheSilentMaxtheSilent Posts: 762 ★★★
    I think they should use a different “energy” source for Battle Grounds. I don’t mind having to spend a limited resource or for people to be able to buy more of that resource but I don’t want to sacrifice my activity in other modes to play this one. It shouldn’t be hard to have the same mechanic with a different currency. Also you’re right that they need to get rewards right for this to thrive. But if they sort out energy and provide rewards that entice participation it’ll be a great addition to the game. It will really encourage me to rank up different champs in my roster that I barely use now.
  • Options
    BeeweeBeewee Posts: 533 ★★★★
    The current energy cost isn’t final I believe. Its to test how much players play with the given cost. That’s why we were given refills.
  • Options
    Adi_tyaAdi_tya Posts: 94
    Moreover I personally think they should introduce a 'cap' into the level allowed to bring

Eg If a guy is bringing R4 champs,it should automatically be capped to R2 stats, at least to make it fair to other players as well, not everyone has R4 champs rn in the game
  • Options
    zaspacerzaspacer Posts: 115
    Waiting to see complete format for this mode. But if it stays close to this beta experience...

1) Players are gonna get a lot better at playing the game in general.

2) Issue with more people, more often, not playing other modes.

3) Bots/Mods are gonna be an issue in this mode.

4) Other game makers can use this mode proof of concept to copy it.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,218 ★★★★★
    I'm enjoying the mode, apart form constant disconnecting icon.
    As soon as the connection icon shows I restart the game instantly.
    It put me 20-40 seconds late into the fight but most of the times I have managed to clutch it.
  • Options

I haven’t managed to get passed round 1 yet. I complete my first fight, sit at the waiting screen for the opponent to finish, but their timers ends and it takes me to the completed/I win screen. Does that mean they’ve quit or something?

Most probably yes
  • Options
    Beewee said:

The current energy cost isn’t final I believe. Its to test how much players play with the given cost. That’s why we were given refills.

Yes that is why I'm giving all this feedback so they have as much info on their hands to get it right on release
  • Options
    SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,379 ★★★★★
    edited March 2022
    “ We are seeing a significant increase in the number of matches being completed. However, it's still far from where we want things to be.”

if Kabam wants to fix that, they should make the energy cost lower than 10 energy per fight. I would say 6 or 7 so people can at least enjoy 9 free Battleground Battles on full energy
  • Options
    Siliyo said:

“ We are seeing a significant increase in the number of matches being completed. However, it's still far from where we want things to be.”

if Kabam wants to fix that, they should make the energy cost lower than 10 energy per fight. I would say 6 or 7 so people can at least enjoy 9 free Battleground Battles on full energy

That's not what this means. It means that people are able to actually finish a match now and not get disconnected in the middle
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    edited March 2022
    I think BG is awesome. Don’t care what the rewards are.

I can see there being tiers as in Incursions. But honestly I do not care where I am on the leaderboard. It’s fun, and I’ve advocated for a long time that MCOC needs more fun.
  • Options
    BocksaroxBocksarox Posts: 329 ★★★
    I think a Quick Chat feature would be a great addition. There are a lot of timers to wait through, and it would be cool to react to or congratulate our opponent.
  • Options
    Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★

I think BG is awesome. Don’t care what the rewards are.

I can see there being tiers as in Incursions. But honestly I do not care where I am on the leaderboard. It’s fun, and I’ve advocated for a long time that MCOC needs more fun.

It's damn addictive for sure. But it's going to be much more rough on full release where each champ will have three uses
  • Options
    bor001bor001 Posts: 28
    played a few matches .. great fun .. a few glitches .. a step in right direction for fun game mode ..
  • Options
    Peairs420Peairs420 Posts: 60
    dude my record is trash but this is the most fun i can remember having in mcoc in a while and side note mad props on the fatter rewards this year its making the roster look pretty decent
  • Options
    CynchoticCynchotic Posts: 186
    BG seems like it COULD be a cool a mode, but it’s extremely frustrating to see them put this time, energy, money (w/e) into new content when there are STILL issues stretching back for a year or so now.
  • Options
    BadroseBadrose Posts: 779 ★★★
    I get "connection problem" everytime I try to fight, so I really don't know...