**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Dr. Strange Buff

Idea to make Dr. Strange relevant again:

Every time his buffs cycle around they add more. 2 shields, 2 fury, 2 health steal on second cycle. 3 shields, 3 fury, 3 health steal on third cycle. Etc etc.

This will not change him that much for the majority of the in game content as most fights don’t last longer than one or two cycles. However, this will make him relevant again in areas that have much longer fights: act 5, ROL, LOL, map 6, etc.

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    Is not a bad idea but it should at least be capped at some point.
    Also you have a category just for suggestions
  • Yeah. I would post there, but that is where threads go to die.
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    Rather than stack it they could use a similar mechanic to hela and simply increase the effectiveness each time. Otherwise he would have some problems facing other mystics with MD. With just one buff it’s manageable. But I do like the idea, could be capped somewhere between 3 and 5.
  • Brew_SwayneBrew_Swayne Posts: 500 ★★
    Rather than stack it they could use a similar mechanic to hela and simply increase the effectiveness each time. Otherwise he would have some problems facing other mystics with MD. With just one buff it’s manageable. But I do like the idea, could be capped somewhere between 3 and 5.

I like this. The longer the fight lasts, the stronger he gets and the more health he can recover....which means it'll probably never happen since that would make him too viable on LOL and Act 5.

• FivesFives Posts: 118 ★★
    One thing I'd like to see that would completely pull him out of the mud:

His special one should mirror his current blessing with a permanent one until he either uses another special one, the blessing is nullified, or he gets knocked down by a special or heavy. Blessings would still cycle, it'd just be as if you had two buffs at once. There's really no point in using his special one right now (if you're using him in the first place) so that would make his playstyle more diverse, and it'd give him another layer without making him too powerful, as you could only have up to two buffs at a time.

But who cares, it's not like kabam is gonna read this anyway.
  • NikoBravoNikoBravo Posts: 447 ★★★
    I like all of these ideas. Make it happen!

Wait, I’m not in charge.......
  • SteelCurtainMUTSteelCurtainMUT Posts: 432 ★★
    Oh the good old days when Dr Strange was AMAZING....... oh I miss him lol
  • With the release of these new champs that are crazy powerful or have tons of utility or insane regen I think that it would be reasonable to just put DS back to the way he was pre 12.0 but if they had to do something else I think you make the Armor Buff last for 9 seconds like it does now and make the Fury buff last for 7 seconds and the Regen buff last for 5 seconds. The regen should go back to being based off a % of damage done just as it was before
  • X_ScottX_Scott Posts: 732 ★★★
    Replace his weakness spell with power lock
  • Idea to make Dr. Strange relevant again:

Most of these posts tend to make an assumption I don't believe is true: that Dr. Strange is "irrelevant." There are a lot of good reasons to believe that for the majority of players Dr. Strange is a well liked and well played champion.

He's definitely not what he used to be and he was probably hit harder than necessary in 12.0 and even 12.0.1, but I'm pretty sure that when Kabam looks at their game stats Dr. Strange is awakened a lot, played a lot, and ranked up a lot. Maybe his usefulness is a lot lower in the end game, but so is a lot of champs. And maybe most of the players who like him aren't fully aware of his strengths and weaknesses compared to other champs. But as long as we keep claiming that we have the "solution" to the problem that no one likes Dr. Strange any more, and the devs clearly see that is not true, they're going to ignore these suggestions. You're proposing a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

Truthfully Strange is an average champ now: there are lots of champs that perform worse. The problem isn't that Strange is irrelevant in the game now, it is that we remember when he was much better. I doubt if anyone one without that experience sees Dr. Strange as significantly gimped.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    I agree with a lot of what DNA said, but here's the thing that is the most true: He got hit too hard in 12.0.

I still try to use him, but yeah. The hit was just a bit too much -- it's hard to dispute that Doctor Voodoo isn't clearly a better option, and I am not certain it should be as noticeable as it is