**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is doctor voodoo outdated ?

Barri8Barri8 Posts: 108
edited April 2022 in Strategy and Tips
Just pulled him from 6 star featured, I even forgot he was there, what are your thoughts?
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,534 ★★★★★
    He is still a great mystic champ, no doubt about it. He does kind of need to be awakened though.
  • Options
    solopolosolopolo Posts: 883 ★★★
    edited April 2022
    Having played Voodoo for over 2 years, I'd say yes, but it also depends where you are in the game. Up to act 6 he's phenomenal, but once you start pulling the highest tier champions he really gets outshined by a lot of them, and at this point I consider him a very niche pick. 90% of fights I would've taken him into, Claire or Doom just do the job a lot more smoothly. But if you don't have a lot of good mystic options, he's definitely good.

Also, don't bother ranking him up until you awaken him. His sig is what makes the champion function.
  • Options
    0casual00casual0 Posts: 457 ★★★
    Definitely not. One of the champs that aged really well. I still use him in Act 7. Great utilities that will make him really relevant in the future as well.

But yeah, since he is not awaken I guess better if you hold on first.
  • Options
    Barri8Barri8 Posts: 108
    I mean, I do have doom at r3, so he’ll probably be at bench forever.
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,089 ★★★★★
    Voodoo is still good and can still have a place in the current meta. At most he really needs an update to his synergies and a numbers bump and that's about it.
  • Options
    BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,073 ★★★★★
    Without sig he is rng dependent
    With sig, he is awesome

Compared to other champs in his classs:-
    Is he out classed:- yes
    Is he useless :- no
    Is he solid and viable :- yes
    Is he good enough for High Aw :- occasionally
    Is he good for high Aq like map 6 n above :- Yes
    Is he he good for Cav eq:- Of the best option
    Is he good for general questing team :- good but outshined