**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

The Loki fix question

ZzyzxGuyZzyzxGuy Posts: 1,292 ★★★
I just read what Kabam Miike wrote:

"This is all a result of a bad case of tuning our end, and while the synergy is intentional, we didn’t intend for this use case or for Loki to be able to do this kind of damage."

How? How is this possible?

I don't get it, guys. I usually quasi-support some of the nonsense that is said, but how can the testers (lol) and the dev team be this blatantly detached from not only their own game but also from the community?

When Hela's and Thor's synergy were discovered a ~month ago, and huge portion of the community was like "lolwut?"

We have been saying that this synergy is going to be OP, and how it was going to be completely abused in end game content.

It took the players all of a minute to realize this. How is it testers and designers could not see this? Maybe if the synergy was a bit nebulous in its description or there were unidentified circumstances to make it happen... but no. That's not the case. It's so obvious it's painful... and the admittance that it was not foreseen/considered is highly disconcerting.

What gives?

Comments

• QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    i don't understand why LOL wasn't the FIRST thing they considered with this synergy.

that said, the lack of consideration doesn't surprise me.
  • ZzyzxGuyZzyzxGuy Posts: 1,292 ★★★
    Qwerty wrote: »
    i don't understand why LOL wasn't the FIRST thing they considered with this synergy.

that said, the lack of consideration doesn't surprise me.

Right.

It's just befuddling how this was not anticipated.
  • ViperKingVViperKingV Posts: 111
    So according to the Hela Announcement, players should rely solely on the Champion spotlight descriptions to predict how effective a new champion will be. I’m pretty certain that More than half of those spotlights needed corrections or modifications to match their ingame attributes & abilities. It was less than a week ago that Kabam announced that Lokis sp2 had always been energy damage (it looks like Ice to me). We were told that, despite not being listed anywhere, the intent was for it to be treated as energy dmg. I think a lot of players feel that Kabam was careless in releasing the champions as they did and That A lot of the confusion Was caused by how long it took Kabam to acknowledge a problem and fully resolve it.
  • GruftyGrufty Posts: 186
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    There are no testers. None at all. They need to invest in building a QA team.

They already have a QA team.

We're the QA team...
    Grufty wrote: »

They already have a QA team.

We're the QA team...

Yabut, the don't listen to us.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★

Yes there are testers

Yes there are testers

Hyperbole
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    They do claim all of this is tested on a stand alone server...but I think this dumping out of two new champs a month is obviously too grueling for them...they don't seem to have time to go back and fix what's not working, they just put out more who aren't working...and ya know...it's flipping grueling for us. Whatever **** is in charge over there aught to give us all a breather! And fix the already known broke and jacked up things before introducing more!
  • Haji_Saab wrote: »

The QA has unequivocally been horrible lately. There are only three possibilities: they don't have enough testers (possibly zero), their testers are incompetent, or their testers are not being given what they need to test properly.

What testers need to test properly is a good change log and time. If they were maintaining good change logs we'd be getting better patch notes, so that's a distinct possibility. If I had to guess, I would vote option three.
  • CrusherCrusher Posts: 305

Yes there are testers

Is that u..??
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Rap wrote: »
    They do claim all of this is tested on a stand alone server...but I think this dumping out of two new champs a month is obviously too grueling for them...they don't seem to have time to go back and fix what's not working, they just put out more who aren't working...and ya know...it's flipping grueling for us. Whatever **** is in charge over there aught to give us all a breather! And fix the already known broke and jacked up things before introducing more!

Yeah I agree. The dev team needs to stop pushing new content or make some simple (to code) stuff that will take us like 2-3 months to do or like a dec-Jan event where there is an in game currency used to buy the champs we selected for the top 12 crystal for 3-5* that would keep us occupied till they can focus on bugs and not pushing new content. Or they could hire some people who love marvel and are good at programming and have them bug fix for the game, and then when there are no more bugs (lmao), they might make bases and ally emblems.
  • Rap wrote: »

Yeah I agree. The dev team needs to stop pushing new content or make some simple (to code) stuff that will take us like 2-3 months to do or like a dec-Jan event where there is an in game currency used to buy the champs we selected for the top 12 crystal for 3-5* that would keep us occupied till they can focus on bugs and not pushing new content. Or they could hire some people who love marvel and are good at programming and have them bug fix for the game, and then when there are no more bugs (lmao), they might make bases and ally emblems.

It is unfortunately not that simple. For example, the Hela synergy bug had nothing to do with programming and no programmer could have caught or fixed it. The Hela synergy was in the content data of the game, and that's created by content creators that do not touch the underlying software of the game. Programmers would not have helped that situation at all.

You can hire more content creators, but if you have content creators just checking over the things other content creators are making, that fundamentally is no different from just beefing up your QA staff.

Programmers can fix things like bugs in the game client or the server engines. But those are complex pieces of software. If you hired programmers today to fix bugs in the engine, it would be six months to a year before they would know enough to be remotely useful in most cases. Ironically, the thing you assign new programming staff to do in order to familiarize them with your platforms and dev tools is building simple extensions to the game. In other words, you have them add game features.