**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Alliance War potions VS AQ potions

JJ4JJ4 Posts: 41
I know this topic keeps getting closed but please hear me out.

Previously, war potions and aq potions were the same thing and the same cost. I completely agree with loyalty store being used for war potions, as it makes sense.

Currently a level 4 aq options costs 260 glory and my alliance runs map 7 with no mods. We yield approximately 5000 glory per aq week. This will change based on what your alliance does.
Using simple maths , 1 alliance quest potion costs approx 5% of the weekly glory received.

So as the costs were the same before for an alliance quest and alliance war potion, then a war potion should represent that same percentage roughly.

As a rough figure, an alliance running t4 wars and losing every war obtains 12k loyalty per war per player and 1k loyalty per day from pressing help. So each week we obtain 7k + 36k loyalty =43k loyalty. This figure will vary depending on the alliance and player etc. i have purposely ignored any loyalty from compensation. I might have missed some also which I apologise for .
But total weekly loyalty is 43k in this example.

From above we apply the 5% to the 43k and the cost of the first Potion comes out at 2150 loyalty.

Why is the current cost 10x higher?

We should not be trying to calculate this based on how many potions the average player uses in the past, present or future. We should be using simple maths like above .

My calculations may give a slightly different result to the numbers you use at Kabam but they won’t be much different. They certainly won’t be 10x higher. Please put this right as soon as possible and stop trying to overcomplicate it.

We should be given extra loyalty on top of this to accommodate the costs of the other things we use loyalty for like aq tickets and boosts. But that’s a totally separate calculation on top of this one and only affects extra loyalty you give us.

Please don’t close this without discussion

Comments

• Options
    Harding7Harding7 Posts: 59
    edited April 2022
    Agreed why make it so complicated when there’s easy fixes or just don’t change it in the 1st place
  • Options
    Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,159 ★★★★
    Well said. There is a HUGE disparity in postion costs and their values. My champs healthpools are roughly over 40k... potions have barely been updated to reflect rising healthpools as the game grows. Potions should really be percentage based and not a flat value.
  • Options
    Thekiller8967Thekiller8967 Posts: 323 ★★
    Couldn't agree more. The math for this is way out of wack on top of all the other stuff we actually need loyalty for
  • Options

This is the numbers they stated but said they are still tweaking. Still not enough after comp is done.

Might be enough if the potions were not 10x higher than they should be to start with. If the price is compatible like above , then the extra loyalty will only be used for boosts and aq tickets etc
  • Options
    Lucky7LucianoLucky7Luciano Posts: 76
    Agreed. We’re trying to communicate with kabam, but I don’t understand what’s going on anymore
  • Options
    PussaleyPussaley Posts: 54

Agreed. We’re trying to communicate with kabam, but I don’t understand what’s going on anymore

And they’re trying not to hear us. It’s obvious:)
  • Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★

The same thing that happens everytime we try to communicate with them
  • Options
    SargonofAkkadSargonofAkkad Posts: 1
    Agreed that potions should be based on a percentage of health like revives are. Potions haven't been upgraded to match the increasing 6* health pools.
  • Options
    @Kabam Miike any thoughts on my post from before season, reference calculations for potions? We are still struggling to get more than 2 potions a day with the current loyalty amount. For higher tier wars that’s not enough. One parry bug or dex bug and you lose 50% health vs r3/4 champs on certain paths and just that one fight requires 2/3 potions depending on who you use. Apoc for example needs 4 still after the 40% revive if he dies .

Not moaning , just interested on your thoughts to the above and trying to help.