**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Cutting Kabam some slack

So I'm VERY new to this game. I started a month or two ago, I'm on level 33 and I haven't sunked one penny into this game. And ho-ly ****. This "summoner appreciation week" is a dream come true for me. Team revives are easier to get (FINALLY! I'm almost useless in AQ as it is) and I keep running out of gold (JACKPOT!) and I'd do anything to level up faster than I am. It's like Kabam found me specifically and helped me out

HOWEVER!! I completely understand that us "noobs" are a massive minority in this. And I'd go so far as to say that we are not the ones who deserve appreciation, since the real people who need appreciation are the level 60 peeps who have been playing longer than I've been alive and the slightest glitch or bad deal could get them thrown out of their alliance. So I understand that I'm not the one who deserves appreciation in this scenario, but boy do I feel appreciated. Figures crossed that in the next few weeks the rewards will be more tailored towards people at higher levels. (Not to mention a certain button that will be activated in a few days.)

And that has begged the question from me, if you were Kabam, what would you do to appreciate the higher level, more loyal players, without giving the noobs like me too much of an advantage?

Comments

• jerstolpjerstolp Posts: 73
    lol right DR....
  • AvalancheAvalanche Posts: 50
    DReckoning wrote: »
    Ah i remember being naive when i first started the game. Give it a few more months you'll join the anti kabam train soon ;)
    1000% sure you're right, pal.

jerstolp wrote: »
    im not a huge spender but ive probably spent about 700 to 1k for what to get **** on thats what
    good LORD!! I could never imagine spending that much on an app. And I see why you feel abused, bucko

• All you so called noobs are potential spender in Kabam's book and the most valuable to them imo. Think about it you even get your own newbie arenas to catch up with the rest, and it's easier to get new champs now for the beginner levels than the seasoned summoners. Unlike those seasoned players who just want the greatest and latest champs due to their addiction and love for Marvel, one of the ways for noob to catch up is spending and getting their top 5 up asap. They can do so because they now know who not to rank (aka DS) versus others who is stuck with them. Rank down tickets is kinda a time machines that can break the game and that's why Kabam do not want to issue them on a regular basis.
  • IksdjvanIksdjvan Posts: 239 ★★
    I have been playing for a little over 6 months so I'm kinda hitting adolescence if we are doing an age comparison here but let me paint you a picture and maybe it will help you understand why we are soo furious...

You get the game find out you love it with all its complexities and content and gameplay so you start playing more and find you're not even close to as good as you think you are. So you dig in and spend hours each day playing and practicing and trying to get those better champs and leveling them up only to find out your going to have to really open your pocket book to get to even the middling range of players. So you start investing and turn around and realize you've spent over a grand on this game. And as you're going the people making the game keep tweaking it but almost every week there's something else wrong that makes you have to spend more to offset what the game makers are messing up. But you love the game so much you just push through.

Then after months of issues that make you want to smash your tablet you wake up to find you can't even log into the game and you loose almost a whole day of gamete me that messes up hours upon hours of gameplay and sends you your alliance and the global game into absolute chaos.

You'd be furious! Then you realize holy **** for the money I've spent on this game I could have bought a new TV a new xbox 1 and 5 or 6 games all together! And Im not even close to a top spender in this game. Then after all the **** thrown your way they offer you this 4 week thing that barely helps you at all because what they give out doesn't even come close to offsetting the **** you've had to deal with and a lot of it is useless at your level of play. And they want you to be happy. So if that was you what would make you a happy customer again? I would dare say it would take a lot from them to keep you from walking away.
  • spumingtonspumington Posts: 350 ★★
    I agree with your sentiment, but I don't think an AMA would be very constructive at this point. Too much outrage in the community for it to do any good. Maybe they'd do something like that with well-known members of the community (think Seatin or Diggity Dave) that could deliver frustrations in a constructive manner and get actual answers.
  • Time_to_clobberTime_to_clobber Posts: 119
    spumington wrote: »
    I agree with your sentiment, but I don't think an AMA would be very constructive at this point. Too much outrage in the community for it to do any good. Maybe they'd do something like that with well-known members of the community (think Seatin or Diggity Dave) that could deliver frustrations in a constructive manner and get actual answers.

Lol they straight up deleted my request for an AMA
  • TeeJayFlashTeeJayFlash Posts: 152
    At the very least the current game team or devs or...whatever the people are called who keep making these bad decisions, for what I feel is still the best fighting mobile game.....should be terminated..
  • Time_to_clobberTime_to_clobber Posts: 119
    They don't need to be terminated imo. They made a great game. But they need to switch up the leadership.
  • spumingtonspumington Posts: 350 ★★
    spumington wrote: »

Lol they straight up deleted my request for an AMA

Nice...I'll copy and paste onto your other thread. I think it's a good idea.
  • With every 1 thing kabam fixed 2 more pop up in on it's position.
  • SlySlySlySly Posts: 352 ★★
    edited June 2017
    Give it time, you'll see
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    kabam is still great
  • DrizzitsDrizzits Posts: 157
    Level 33? So you've played for about a month? Yeeeaaa. Sorry man. I'm happy to hear that this upcoming month will be good for you as a player, but there's a majority of us that none of this helps at all.
  • OzzieontOzzieont Posts: 237
    zqymka3kkdao.jpg Like you said you just started and dont spend money on the game but some of us do and since 12.0 the game has been broken with log in issues and many glitches, heroes nerf so if they refund me at least half of my money i cut them some slack.
    Iksdjvan wrote: »
    I have been playing for a little over 6 months so I'm kinda hitting adolescence if we are doing an age comparison here but let me paint you a picture and maybe it will help you understand why we are soo furious...

You get the game find out you love it with all its complexities and content and gameplay so you start playing more and find you're not even close to as good as you think you are. So you dig in and spend hours each day playing and practicing and trying to get those better champs and leveling them up only to find out your going to have to really open your pocket book to get to even the middling range of players. So you start investing and turn around and realize you've spent over a grand on this game. And as you're going the people making the game keep tweaking it but almost every week there's something else wrong that makes you have to spend more to offset what the game makers are messing up. But you love the game so much you just push through.

Then after months of issues that make you want to smash your tablet you wake up to find you can't even log into the game and you loose almost a whole day of gamete me that messes up hours upon hours of gameplay and sends you your alliance and the global game into absolute chaos.

You'd be furious! Then you realize holy **** for the money I've spent on this game I could have bought a new TV a new xbox 1 and 5 or 6 games all together! And Im not even close to a top spender in this game. Then after all the **** thrown your way they offer you this 4 week thing that barely helps you at all because what they give out doesn't even come close to offsetting the **** you've had to deal with and a lot of it is useless at your level of play. And they want you to be happy. So if that was you what would make you a happy customer again? I would dare say it would take a lot from them to keep you from walking away.

A lot of people don't seem to understand, but I ABSOLUTELY understand your outrage, as I said, I am very new to this game, but I am totally sympathetic towards those who have spent a ton of time and money but they can't even log in.

I was just trying to say "even though I'm not the one who needs compensation, their heart does seem to be in the right place." I understand how angry this "reward" has made 90%, but that 10% is pretty happy. And I guess I'm a blind optimist, hoping the rest of the community will get compensation for their undying loyalty

Drizzits wrote: »
    Level 33? So you've played for about a month? Yeeeaaa. Sorry man. I'm happy to hear that this upcoming month will be good for you as a player, but there's a majority of us that none of this helps at all.
    100% agree, as I said in the post, I'm very hopeful that the other 90% of players will get something that makes their experience better, but I just wanted people to understand that this event so far isn't helping nobody
  • NebulaNebula Posts: 163
    Only thing I'm cutting Kabam is a negative review
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    Don't listen to these whiners, they are all still butt hurt from 12.0 even though kabam gave all of us $500 worth of free stuff including a 5* awakening gem. The real reason they are mad is because they suck without using SW or Thor and their gravy train got ruined.

The game is still very much alive and well regardless of the negativity here. A dev posted that over 1 million death buttons have been claimed from the in game mail. That means there are at least 1 million summoners still active enough to check their mail on a regular basis. Compare that to how many users are on these boards at any one time... max I've ever seen was only about 1500.

Yes the bugs have been bad recently, but every game has bugs. Hopefully kabam can do better at bug squashing but the game isn't dying or on the brink of destruction.

Keep playing and having fun. I've been playing for 2 years and I'm still having fun.
  • Tmasters1984Tmasters1984 Posts: 451
    THIS IS THE SECOND POST TALKING ABOUT A 5* AWAKENING GEM?

MUTHAFRICKAZ WHAAAAAAAAAAAA???
    Please explain this.
    Ftr I've been playing the game since 2015 and joined the forums to see what was going on with the crashes. Now I read two posts about a 5* awakening gem. When did this happen??
    Just be straight up with me please. This is a legitimate question - I'm confused and maybe annoyed too.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    edited June 2017
    Ftr I've been playing the game since 2015 and joined the forums to see what was going on with the crashes. Now I read two posts about a 5* awakening gem. When did this happen??

Long story short, the Adjustment Packages that were given when 12.0 came out were intended to help people adjust to the nerfs. At that time, a snapshot was taken of every Profile, and the cutoff for the last Tier was 75k. People complained that they were much higher and needed more, so another Tier was added for those 200k and up, and it included a 5* Gem. Since the Adjustment Packages were intended for pre-12.0, they awarded it to people who were 200k before all the changes. People missed out because they weren't at 200k or above when it was taken.
    Oh man. I must have been like 199 or something. That sucks so bad. >:-/
    Oh well.
    Shrimkins wrote: »
    Don't listen to these whiners, they are all still butt hurt from 12.0 even though kabam gave all of us $500 worth of free stuff including a 5* awakening gem. The real reason they are mad is because they suck without using SW or Thor and their gravy train got ruined.

The game is still very much alive and well regardless of the negativity here. A dev posted that over 1 million death buttons have been claimed from the in game mail. That means there are at least 1 million summoners still active enough to check their mail on a regular basis. Compare that to how many users are on these boards at any one time... max I've ever seen was only about 1500.

Yes the bugs have been bad recently, but every game has bugs. Hopefully kabam can do better at bug squashing but the game isn't dying or on the brink of destruction.

Keep playing and having fun. I've been playing for 2 years and I'm still having fun.
    Yup, but I'm just concerned that not everyone is having as much fun, and I'm hoping Kabam hears this and makes the rewards higher in the next few weeks. But I'm happy there are so many people still enjoying this game. I've always been a bit of a marvel fan