**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Hela or Medusa?

LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
I got a 5 star cosmic awakening gem and I want to go for one of them, but I don't know which one.

Which one is considered better?

Medusa needs her synergies, which is kinda off-putting. Cause she won't be viable for AQ/AW attack then (and I don't care about defenders).

Which one does more damage over time?

Is Hela good for LOL? We know Medusa already is.

Considering that Hela is 'fixed' and not abusing the Thor Synergy for infinite fury of course.

Comments

• mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    How do you make old champions relevant....Synergies. Kabam is showing us that this is the future of the game. Having a specific team is critical to the champions utility moving forward.

With that said, both champions rely on having the synergies, and i suspect the future champions will as well.
  • I would say medusa cuz she has nasty bleed and poison immune is always helpful
  • Batty_NumppoBatty_Numppo Posts: 288 ★★★
    Currently, I’d say Hela, but that’s only due to some legit gameplay I’ve seen of her since she was fixed. (Head over to her spotlight and check the most recent posts). While she requires a lot of both skill and luck to be OP, it’s so OP that I’m wondering if Kabam is planning yet another change.

Otherwise, I’d definitely say Medusa. Her damage after armor breaks w/ furies stacked is fantastic, and her auto-block at a high sig can be frustrating on AWD. I’m in the same boat as you with a 5* cosmic gem and am waiting to hear from a Kabam about Hela before deciding to go for either of them.
  • I have been testing Hela with particular team to hold the fury longer in order to stack more furies, but charging fury with heavy attack is just too risky. She can deal crazy damages in short term, but as the previous post said, you need skill and luck to make her op and it's not easy. Even Kabam leave her alone for now. She's still not an easy champion to use. Just for your reference. My Hela is 5* R3 and she could finish WS in less than 50 hits, but I can't get the same result over and over again. She dies easily when u fxxk up the heavy attack . Well, of course maybe that's because my skill is not good at all.
  • Pandorica333Pandorica333 Posts: 64
    I’m in the same boat with a cosmic awakening gem and currently saving for medusa because of her poison immune making her more usable in aq and aw. Those armor stacks are deadly and her ability is something I feel is more worthwhile of using an awakening gem on than hela’s. But hela does look deadly for lol and in general. tough call
  • Pandorica333Pandorica333 Posts: 64
    Also for Medusa I’m thinking black bolt, antman, yj,yj for lol would make a good team. Get that attack boost to lengthen enrage timer plus with bb you can stack 6 fury
  • Sorry i meant less than 70 hits, not 50.
  • ApacheApache Posts: 558 ★★
    Noobiexyz wrote: »
    I have been testing Hela with particular team to hold the fury longer in order to stack more furies, but charging fury with heavy attack is just too risky. She can deal crazy damages in short term, but as the previous post said, you need skill and luck to make her op and it's not easy. Even Kabam leave her alone for now. She's still not an easy champion to use. Just for your reference. My Hela is 5* R3 and she could finish WS in less than 50 hits, but I can't get the same result over and over again. She dies easily when u fxxk up the heavy attack . Well, of course maybe that's because my skill is not good at all.

to do the charging heavy do you do her heavy just at the moment the parry wears off?
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 743 ★★★★
    I have 5* Hela and the damage is insane, but as most said it take high skill to use her to full effect.

Doubt they will change her as most of the player base (remember a lot can’t even intercept) will not get more than 3 furies ever stacked
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    Thanks all for your input. I'm getting the feeling that no matter which one I go for, they are both great

• [/quote]

to do the charging heavy do you do her heavy just at the moment the parry wears off?[/quote]

Nope, I kind of trying find any opportunity to use heavy , that's why it's a bit risky. Charging with heavy just at the moment when u parry is a but slow, I can only get about 1-2 furies at once.
  • I have two cosmic gems haha and only angela which is a waste of the gem. So i am waiting