New Quality of Life Improvements coming in v35.0

13»

Comments

• Deder80Deder80 Member Posts: 710 ★★★
    I can appreciate the changes… they are very cool;) I am concerned about the control however. It’s seems like the more new feature that added seems to make the control issue worse. A lot of good long time players have left so to it. Overall I’m concerned about the game. I love this. But lately it’s been unplayable for me at least. I can’t speak for all summoners. But I will say I’m on a brand new iPhone 13 pro and the update yesterday has made game play for very difficult and unbearable. I’m sorry… I don’t mean to bring the energy of the post down. It just bums me out that all these new features keep getting added when the control issues have been messed up for some time now. Anyways thanks for the post👊🏽👊🏽👊🏽
  • JohnLocke117JohnLocke117 Member Posts: 500 ★★★
    So cool. Awesome Improvements. I would like to request Mastery Templates next. They are long overdue :smile:
    Would be so good to save your mastery setups and switch between them instantly.
  • AzenstarAzenstar Member Posts: 71
    I would like the option to remove the entire (pre-selected) team, instead of manually removing every champ, when creating a team for a certain quest...
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Member Posts: 960 ★★★★
    edited April 2022
    @Kabam Miike Can you guys consider introducing a prompt when entering a fight with champions with pre-fight abilities when no pre-fight is selected (or a pre-fight selection screen). It can be a feature one could check in the settings to either enable it or disable it. I’m not sure how most feels about it, but I’ve found myself entering fights forgetting to active pre-fights a couple of times. Other champs like Howard the Duck, I feel his default should have been automatic and prefight manual. Just a thought.
  • TheCaptain412TheCaptain412 Member Posts: 337 ★★★
    Love these QOL improvements!

One thing to consider for future QOL is the Arena set-up screens. After picking the opponent and figuring out the match-ups, why do we have to click “Accept” and then “Continue”? AFAIK, there is nothing to do between the two actions, so it’s unnecessary activity.

Also, is there any way to have an “Oops, I missed something” button in Arena set-up, for two reasons?

1. Fat fingering your screen, accidentally sliding a champ into a bad match-up. Happens all the time to me, as I have fairly large hands.
    2. Getting to the Accept button and realizing you missed a favorable match-up or didn’t optimize your choices, like overlooking a duped Iceman to send your CMM against or forgetting momentarily that Havok would be GREAT against Dragon-Man.

Being able to have one last chance to fix something you didn’t catch or intend would be huge.
  • Dunamis3493Dunamis3493 Member Posts: 2
    Amazing changes. Bravo.
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Member Posts: 1,643 ★★★★★
    This is what I call an update. S+ rating here
  • Crine60Crine60 Member Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    @Kabam Zero No one else has responded to my previous post about this and I am not sure if this falls under your purview but I thought it might be display adjacent so I was hoping you could take a look at this:

Sometimes when running the new T4CC fragment selector quest after having the T4CC fragment selector screen pop up and making the selection a 2nd selector screen appears with no way to exit other than selecting again. Once I select again the game hangs indefinitely until I close the app. It doesn't give double the rewards but it is annoying to have to close and reopen the game. I haven't been able to find any pattern to when it happens but of course it seems to happen mostly when I am not recording it. I did manage to get 1 recording of it and will put the video below.

Also, since the new AQ maps have started I am not seeing any AQ notifications when mini bosses are defeated. It shows when the link nodes are dropped and when the main boss is defeated but not the minis which makes people keep missing coming back to move to the next sections and costs energy that could have been used if you were sitting at mini with full energy and didn't know you could move again (I know it is up to us to check but a lot of people in my alliance, and I am sure other players too, rely on the AQ chat feed notifications). Can you look into getting that fixed?

https://youtu.be/y8zuQRydW-k
  • DrDrillDrDrill Member Posts: 163 ★★★
    I'm very excited for these updates, but I have a small question @Kabam Zero .
    Do I have to enable beta features from the settings to get these QoL changes? I really dislike the post fight screen, much slower for arena grinder than the original one.
    Thanks again
  • Kabam ZeroKabam Zero Moderator Posts: 165
    DrDrill said:

Do I have to enable beta features from the settings to get these QoL changes? I really dislike the post fight screen, much slower for arena grinder than the original one.
    Thanks again

none of these features require the beta feature opt in.
  • Kabam ZeroKabam Zero Moderator Posts: 165
    Crine60 said:

@Kabam Zero No one else has responded to my previous post about this and I am not sure if this falls under your purview but I thought it might be display adjacent so I was hoping you could take a look at this:

I will forward this on to the right people
  • Mani847Mani847 Member Posts: 1
    Kabaam is back in action!
  • DrDrillDrDrill Member Posts: 163 ★★★

DrDrill said:

Thanks again

Awesome, thanks for the confirmation, hopefully next QoL we see is going to be Mastery 2.0
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Member Posts: 3,324 ★★★★★
    DrDrill said:

DrDrill said:

Thanks again

Awesome, thanks for the confirmation, hopefully next QoL we see is going to be Mastery 2.0
    I really don't think Mastery 2.0 (whenever it actually arrives) is going to be a QoL update, at least I hope it is not. It being a QoL update would suggest that unit costs would be almost exactly the same.
  • OdelasOdelas Member Posts: 18
    Yo have to cancel battlegrounds. Don't nerf energy refills I don't play battlegrounds. Im not interested on this mode. Not versus mod players. Cancel battlegrounds I don't care it and is going against life quality time. I need to spend energy for all day or money and this not a pat to win game. Or change or added other energy for this burring game
  • TannerGamerTannerGamer Member Posts: 7
    This is amazing 😄
  • Mukesh5445Mukesh5445 Member Posts: 24
    What happened to the mastery setup, if you want to change even a single point, you have to make a full recovery, then what do you think about it?
  • OdelasOdelas Member Posts: 18
    Life quality make my lol 🤣. You cut to 0% the change to aquire refills because of battlegrounds let me notice that I don't play battlegrounds and I'm disappointed with this what you call life quality. I don't want to spend money to advance. See you I'm
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Member Posts: 7,958 ★★★★★
    These are some insanely good QoL updates, I can't wait!
  • Crine60Crine60 Member Posts: 1,415 ★★★★

Crine60 said:

I will forward this on to the right people
    @Kabam Zero Sorry to bother you again but you didn't respond to my pm asking about this. Have they figured out anything about why the catalyst selector quest is bugging out and freezing the game or why we don't get notifications for mini bosses being defeated in AQ anymore? Both are annoying but the missing mini notifications cause issues with people not seeing when they can move to the next sections and delays our progress.
  • ThenewmamThenewmam Member Posts: 8
    edited May 2022
    Not working @Kabam Miike @kabam zero
    There is no plus button on 5 energy refills and the energy is caped not going above tried in 3 to 4 new different ids
  • GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Member Posts: 788 ★★★★
    Thenewmam said:

There is no plus button on 5 energy refills and the energy is caped not going above tried in 3 to 4 new different ids

I don't think it's been rolled out to all players yet.
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Member Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★

Thenewmam said:

I don't think it's been rolled out to all players yet.
    I don’t think it’s been rolled out to anyone yet, I haven’t seen anyone with it. I might be wrong but I’ve never seen it
  • Dart1981Dart1981 Member Posts: 227 ★★★

Greetings Summoners!

I’m back again to give you all a sneak peek at some upcoming QoL features coming in the 35.0 build which releases on May 2nd!

Since I’ve last had a chance to write up a forum post, I’ve been actively trying to drop into live streams and chat with fellow summoners about the game. Many of the changes below have been inspired by those conversations and so I thank all of you who I’ve chatted with for the inspiration.

In my typical fashion, I’ll be starting with some more minor ones but will be getting progressively better as we go on. So without further delay let’s begin.

Showing Owned Catalysts in Tooltips

Will now display how many catalysts you currently own when tapping to see the tooltip of that particular catalyst.

Saving Last Played EQ Difficulty

We now internally save the last played EQ difficulty so if you are clearing a lower difficulty and come back it later, it will be at whatever difficulty you last played.

Crystal Screen Navigation Improvements

We’ve improved the logic on the crystal screen so when backing out of the selected crystal, the game will try to navigate you back to where you were in the scroll. This should hopefully avoid summoners having to constantly re-scroll back to where they were when opening crystals.

Return To Team Select in Quit Popup

When quitting out of quests there is now the option to return to team select in order to change up the champs you are using in that particular quest. For quests that are previewable, it will automatically put you in the preview state when clicking this button.

To do this change we had to remove the Go Back button, but its functionality is still in the X button or by simply tapping outside of the popup.

You won’t be stuck if you by accident press the quit button on the quest board. For those afraid of muscle memory kicking in and tapping the Team Select when you meant the go back button, we have put an additional dismissable warning popup on the team select button so you can’t quit out by accident while still getting used to it.

Synergy Champion Selection Rarity Improvements

We’ve added an ability to tap on the hero portraits while on the synergy popup to allow you to cycle through the available rarities of that champion. This means if you have a lower rarity synergy partner you want to bring in, you can get them on this screen and not have to go searching for them.

Rank Up Gem Selector

We’ve added the ability to select which rank-up gem you use on the upgrade screen. Whenever there is more than one available you will see the arrows allowing you to toggle between your available options.

Energy Overfill - Beta for new players

We are experimenting with energy overfill as a mechanic for new players starting in 35.0.

Traditionally if you used an energy item or leveled up and it would give you more energy than your cap, you would lose that excess energy. This hard cap has now been removed and you will gain the full amount of energy from that item or level up. As an example say on a level 60 account if you had 2 energy left and used a full energy refill you would be set to 72 energy, whereas before it would set you to the cap of 70.

A full energy refill’s value will depend on your individual energy cap, so if your energy cap is 50, a full energy refill will give you 50 energy. While at or above the cap, energy will not be gained over time and you won’t be able to continue to use more items. Overall this change is intended to make using full energy refills easier to use and also avoid those “feel bad” moments when levelling up while already near the energy cap. Also as an extra add-in while doing this we added the ability to use multiple small energy in one go. As mentioned above we are starting this for new users at first but hope to expand it in the future if all goes well.

That’s all for now. I hope you are as excited as I am for this release. Please let me know what you’re excited about the most below. As always if you have any suggestions on further QoL features let me know, can’t promise anything but I do note them down and talk with the team internally about as many as I can.
    Hi @kabam zero (can’t seem to tag) @Kabam Miike , the energy overfill mechanic removing the hard cap of 70 has reverted. I had 11 energy, used a refill and now only have the cap of 70 again. I’m not fussed about the lost energy but do think you guys should be aware so you can put it back on correctly.

Thanks for all your hard work with all the amazing QOL changes you are making.