**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

SM2099 or Torch for my first Rank 4

Disgruntled_User_123Disgruntled_User_123 Posts: 1,077 ★★★
edited April 2022 in Strategy and Tips
I took the plunge and awakened my SM2099 and put 110 signature stones into him. I explored Act 7 two weeks ago and I’m still debating on who I should I take to Rank 4 - SM2099 or Torch.

The arguments for each:

Torch is a great Abyss option which I haven’t done yet.
Torch is a great boss killer.
Torch can reverse healing.

SM2099 is one of only two champions to not gain buffs - I’ve already seen his impact with Buffet, Spite, and other nodes that punish buffs.
SM2099 doesn’t rely on the one and done Nova flame option like Torch - he’s good to go for every fight.
Torch typically gets banned in BGs and AWs which takes out my highest tier champion. Players still sleep on SM2099.

I’d really like to hear the community thoughts - as you can tell, I’ve agonized by not immediately using my Rank 3-4 gem. But I make decisions after carefully considering who will benefit me most for the upcoming game content (almost done exploring Act 6 and then Abyss is all that remains).

Please let me know your thoughts and thanks in advance.

SM2099 or Torch for my first Rank 4 31 votes

Take Torch to Rank 4
25%
thanks4playingTRONG94RenaxqqDawsManGr8TonyStarkOddkinsons7Darkhawk5HYXIS 8 votes
Take SM2099 to Rank 4
74%
EaglesFlyHighKennadoGmonkeypseudosaneMalreck04LiquidkoldGhostboytjieReaper2823Webby72EtjamaMaratoxNimorHockeyJonesJ0eySn0wJaymix79awesomesauceKhellendros138R1s02Burrito2525Barri8 23 votes
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★
    edited April 2022
    Take SM2099 to Rank 4
    Had this same conundrum a few days ago and I brought up SM2099 at low sig (69) to r4. That should tell you how much I was determined to NOT have Torch in my prestige 5 again in the r4 meta. Well that and the whole no-buffs thing sold me. Rank SM2099 unless you have Overseer, which btw, should be the answer if you plan on doing high level battlegrounds and run recoils more than the standard masteries. I do sort of regret not ranking Overseer for that purpose for sure.
  • Options
    mortenhymortenhy Posts: 491 ★★
    I'm sorry if I miss something here (english is not my first language), but we just used HT in AW...but he sometimes gets banned?
  • Options
    13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,408 ★★★★★
    Take SM2099 to Rank 4
    Torch doesn't need the rank 4 you'll end that 1 fight a couple seconds faster that's all [same reason cgr doesn't need it either] go with spidey
  • Options
    Take SM2099 to Rank 4
    S99 needs r4 more than Ht for damage purposes. HT r4 is pretty awesome tho