**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
**KNOWN BG ISSUE**
We are aware of an issue with the seeding for the beginning of the BG season.
We are adding rewards to higher progression brackets to offset the additional grind.
More information here.
**Arcade is being extra tricky with his Murder Box...**
It appears Arcade has been non-cooperative in his approach to this month's side quest and presented his clues in a nonsensical order. Lucky you, Summoners, we have our best and brightest on the case and those clues should now be a lot more straightforward. While messing around in Arcade's files we came across a phrase, highlighted and bolded, with sparkles and pointy arrows: "the abode for the dead" ... Maybe that will help you along the way!
Options

Mordo Buff Details - Changes Listed

BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,262 ★★★★★
Abilities

- New: While the opponent has at least 1 buff gain 460.2 attack (~20%)
- Immune to passive ability accuracy reduction unchanged
- Power gain unchanged
- Stun evade unchanged
- Block unblockable specials after 0.5 seconds of blocking unchanged

-Charging heavy
Old: gave up to 10 fury buffs lasting 12 seconds increasing attack by 345. New: gives up to 15 fury buffs lasting 17 seconds granting 460 attack. (3450 --> 6900). Doesn't say if it'll take the same amount of time to charge max

Power gain is unchanged below one bar of power while charging heavy. Wording has changed, but 0.5 bars is the same as 16.6% per second.

SP1
Stays the same

SP2
Stays the same apart from soul barb reducing regen by 80% now instead of 70%.

SP3
Fury duration increased from 12 to 17 seconds, regen buff has up to 50% instead of 40% chance to trigger based on lost health

Sig Ability
Energy Resistance stays the same while blocking
New part of sig: If the opponent has a true-type buff (true sense, true focus, true accuracy, true strike) and strikes his block he'll nullify it and replace with a detonate buff lasting 20 seconds. When it's nullified or expires it deals a burst of damage.

Some new synergies to check out, here's the link if you're interested
https://playcontestofchampions.com/news/champion-spotlight-mordo/?msclkid=3c7386a3c7d011ecb08d9a4254d24e13

Looks like a very minor tweak, no new utility unless you want to count the nullifying true effect buffs, but it's not great offensively. How often do you need to nullify those buffs?

Not really much of use in it for me, longer and more potent furies is nice but it's not going to change my usage of him really. He needed a utility tweak, not just a damage boost if I'm honest. I will be interested to see how his damage feels afterwards, but this looks like a buff aimed at progressing players.

I really hope this new buff program throws a bone to end game/later game players soon. Due to the program being on hold for January because of holidays, then paused for Feb, then PsychoMan in march, Gamora in April and now Mordo for May, we haven't had a solid buff since the start of December - 5 months ago. First impression of Storm isn't too good for her utility either but I'll withold judgement until a bit of testing. I'm all for waiting and seeing with this buff program, but another few lacklustre buffs like Mordo, Gamora and Psychoman which seem to be aimed at progressing players (and especially if Storm fits in that category too as I suspect she will), I feel like this new buff program may as well be labelled the progressing players' buff program. Nobody is asking for "every" buff to be for end game. But when it's been 5 months without one, it isn't looking too promising.

Hopefully Storm changes my mind, if not, my hopes will be for a June buff to blow my doubts out of the water.

Comments

• Options
    MaratoxMaratox Posts: 1,544 ★★★★★

Abilities

- New: While the opponent has at least 1 buff gain 460.2 attack (~20%)
    - Immune to passive ability accuracy reduction unchanged
    - Power gain unchanged
    - Stun evade unchanged
    - Block unblockable specials after 0.5 seconds of blocking unchanged

-Charging heavy
    Old: gave up to 10 fury buffs lasting 12 seconds increasing attack by 345. New: gives up to 15 fury buffs lasting 17 seconds granting 460 attack. (3450 --> 6900). Doesn't say if it'll take the same amount of time to charge max

Power gain is unchanged below one bar of power while charging heavy. Wording has changed, but 0.5 bars is the same as 16.6% per second.

SP1
    Stays the same

SP2
    Stays the same apart from soul barb reducing regen by 80% now instead of 70%.

SP3
    Fury duration increased from 12 to 17 seconds, regen buff has up to 50% instead of 40% chance to trigger based on lost health

Sig Ability
    Energy Resistance stays the same while blocking
    New part of sig: If the opponent has a true-type buff (true sense, true focus, true accuracy, true strike) and strikes his block he'll nullify it and replace with a detonate buff lasting 20 seconds. When it's nullified or expires it deals a burst of damage.

Some new synergies to check out, here's the link if you're interested
    https://playcontestofchampions.com/news/champion-spotlight-mordo/?msclkid=3c7386a3c7d011ecb08d9a4254d24e13

Looks like a very minor tweak, no new utility unless you want to count the nullifying true effect buffs, but it's not great offensively. How often do you need to nullify those buffs?

Not really much of use in it for me, longer and more potent furies is nice but it's not going to change my usage of him really. He needed a utility tweak, not just a damage boost if I'm honest. I will be interested to see how his damage feels afterwards, but this looks like a buff aimed at progressing players.

I really hope this new buff program throws a bone to end game/later game players soon. Due to the program being on hold for January because of holidays, then paused for Feb, then PsychoMan in march, Gamora in April and now Mordo for May, we haven't had a solid buff since the start of December - 5 months ago. First impression of Storm isn't too good for her utility either but I'll withold judgement until a bit of testing. I'm all for waiting and seeing with this buff program, but another few lacklustre buffs like Mordo, Gamora and Psychoman which seem to be aimed at progressing players (and especially if Storm fits in that category too as I suspect she will), I feel like this new buff program may as well be labelled the progressing players' buff program. Nobody is asking for "every" buff to be for end game. But when it's been 5 months without one, it isn't looking too promising.

Hopefully Storm changes my mind, if not, my hopes will be for a June buff to blow my doubts out of the water.

Storm looks absolutely broken lol. Shock immunity is not very common, has access to coldsnap and incinerate immunity with one synergy, and being a mutant gives her access to bleed and poison resistance. And she’ll be tackling fights so fast.
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,174 ★★★★★
    Mordo is definitely a progressing players’ buff. He’s also got a bit of utility in his new Too Many Sorcerers synergy, but it’s also fairly niche. If his fury acquisition rate has been improved, that might be fun to play with as well.

I have to wholeheartedly disagree with your Storm assessment though. I think she’s loaded to the brim with power and easily accessed utility now, and making her a Horseman is going to be insane. I think she’ll become a staple of the Mutant Domination Challenge going forward with her damage potential. I’m looking forward to it.
  • Options
    Zan0 said:

Gamora was a solid buff.

Agreed, I shouldn't have said we haven't had a solid buff. I meant more that I was speaking from an end game perspective, I don't view Gamora as an end game player buff, since she only really has miss counter as utility.
  • Options
    Wicket329 said:

Mordo is definitely a progressing players’ buff. He’s also got a bit of utility in his new Too Many Sorcerers synergy, but it’s also fairly niche. If his fury acquisition rate has been improved, that might be fun to play with as well.

I have to wholeheartedly disagree with your Storm assessment though. I think she’s loaded to the brim with power and easily accessed utility now, and making her a Horseman is going to be insane. I think she’ll become a staple of the Mutant Domination Challenge going forward with her damage potential. I’m looking forward to it.

Re: Storm, I just see no utility that Storm X doesn't already have - and Storm X has extra on top of that. Which is why I'm waiting to see about her damage, maybe she'll be a monster damage dealer with some eh utility. Personally, not my sort of champ but I'm sure she'll have her fans!
  • Options
    Crys23Crys23 Posts: 773 ★★★★
    Zan0 said:

Gamora was a solid buff.

Why is Gamora?
  • Options
    GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,924 ★★★★★
    Seems better, but idk if good enough. Also i like his old synergies more than his new ones
  • Options
    Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    We really need to see storms damage before making judgements, paired with horseman and crazy special damage she could be nuts
  • Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    IKON said:

My guess is the mordo buff is tame because he's everywhere in story content. Hard to buff him too much without make 6.2.5 even more nightmarish.

It's possible to give champs good offensive buffs without making them more annoying on defense
    Eg. Collossus, Gamora, Moleman, Angela, Falcon, Gambit, Hawkeye, Nebula, She Hulk, Carnage, Venom, Luke Cage, Hood, Thor Rag, Howard
    Just give them offensive abilities involving slight ramp-ups & change nothing about the defensive ones
    And even with this buff they have made him more annoying on defense since there are less counters now, & I don't think much has been changed offensively
  • Options
    BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,583 ★★★★
    Zan0 said:

Gamora was a solid buff.

Gamora IMO is like the female version of Corvus now…
  • Options
    Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,791 ★★★★★
    That wasn't a change…? Ok, my bad, then.
  • Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★

Regarding Mordo, the biggest change in his kit is that now he is immune to AAR. This reduces his counters. For example, Falcom will not be working against him or other Skill champs or even AA. You will have to put Slow on him (or use IMIW but thats another trick).

He has always been immune to AAR
    That true strike detonation buff & fury when opponent have buffs is the only thing added to his kit
    Rest all are just slight value updates to his existing kit
  • Options
    SammyDeSammyDe Posts: 959 ★★★
    Darn it! I am about to do 6.2.5 next week! Better get going then… AW might have to wait…
  • Options
    Xguard77Xguard77 Posts: 562 ★★★
    Zan0 said:

Regarding Mordo, the biggest change in his kit is that now he is immune to AAR. This reduces his counters. For example, Falcom will not be working against him or other Skill champs or even AA. You will have to put Slow on him (or use IMIW but thats another trick).

That wasn’t a change
    While not disagreeing with your facts about Mordo's kit - in practice Falcon locked-on did shut down Astral Evade 100% of the time. Maybe a bug that was never addressed?