**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Buffed bishop counter 7.2.2

JubaknightJubaknight Posts: 82
edited August 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Hi,
Who is a good counter for bishop in 7.2.2 on mystic wrath path
You can’t nullify his buff otherwise I will get burst of damage that kills r3 champ immediately.
I don’t know why he also keeps throu if incentrate when bellow two bad of power. Can’t find it in his description. Any idea ?
Post edited by Kabam Habanero on

Comments

• Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,771 ★★★★★
    I haven't run that lane myself yet so I can't speak from personal experience, but I would probably bring a tech champ instead of a mystic one. They might not get the mystic wrath bonus, but they'll have a much easier time dealing with Bishop.

If you do bring in a mystic, I think Tigra can be a good counter. She can easily avoid his special attacks and deal physical damage as opposed to a lot of other mystic champions.

Claire could be an option but it's risky since she deals energy damage, especially in her incinerate mode. I don't know if his prowess counts as buffs that can be nullified (in which case she's a terrible option) or if it's just the prowess buffs he gains whenever he's above 2 bars of powers that can be nullified. If it's the latter, just don't ever let him reach 2 bars of power and you should be good.
  • Options
    DarkGuardianDarkGuardian Posts: 185 ★★
    you could use Colossus since he is imunne to armor breaks and inicirates from bishop
  • Options
    Ercarret said:

I haven't run that lane myself yet so I can't speak from personal experience, but I would probably bring a tech champ instead of a mystic one. They might not get the mystic wrath bonus, but they'll have a much easier time dealing with Bishop.

If you do bring in a mystic, I think Tigra can be a good counter. She can easily avoid his special attacks and deal physical damage as opposed to a lot of other mystic champions.

Claire could be an option but it's risky since she deals energy damage, especially in her incinerate mode. I don't know if his prowess counts as buffs that can be nullified (in which case she's a terrible option) or if it's just the prowess buffs he gains whenever he's above 2 bars of powers that can be nullified. If it's the latter, just don't ever let him reach 2 bars of power and you should be good.

Tigra and Clair won’t work. The path node gives bishop buffs that will be nullified and I died immediately.
    Almost all mystics cannot be used except if they don’t nullify buffs.
    I tried Dr vodoo with avoiding sp1, but he kills me with incinerate damage. I cannot find in his description essay the reason for this to plan for it. Any idea why I got incinerate while he is still under two bars of power.

Best.
  • Options

you could use Colossus since he is imunne to armor breaks and inicirates from bishop

Thanks. Will give him a try,
    Not sure about incinerate Damage and how to avoid.

• Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,771 ★★★★★

Ercarret said:

Tigra and Clair won’t work. The path node gives bishop buffs that will be nullified and I died immediately.
    Almost all mystics cannot be used except if they don’t nullify buffs.
    I tried Dr vodoo with avoiding sp1, but he kills me with incinerate damage. I cannot find in his description essay the reason for this to plan for it. Any idea why I got incinerate while he is still under two bars of power.

Best.
    Tigra doesn't nullify buffs, she just stops opponents from gaining them in the first place. She can also dodge his specials easily since they are all ranged. I still don't know if she'd work but she is a little different from other mystics in those regards, plus that she deals physical instead of energy damage.

The reason you take incinerate damage after his SP1 is that it activates Steady Release in him, which kind of gives him an aura that incinerates you if you're within it. The more prowess he has when he uses his SP1, the longer duration Steady Release has. Just stun him and back away, is my advice.
  • Options
    Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 903 ★★★
    Bishop
    -incinerate immune is functioning as a purify, purified debuffs cause energy damage.
    -if he only does sp1, he does steady release and gets aggressive. You get incinerate and die, or if immune you get energy damage and die.
    -sp2 has too much prowess and cannot be blocked enough to survive

Fails so far:
    og Vision (chip damage kills vision. Maybe try intercept?.),
    ultron 5/65 200,
    doom (duped and unduped),
    clair (tried incinerate immune mode),
    havok,
    Colossus
    Warlock
    Hood
    Sym sup

Don’t have a viable Tigra or Dormammu or Magik

Next up: intercept a lot with vision, doc oc

Need
    1) no incinerate immunity
    2) great power control or evade sp2
    3) great damage
  • Options
    Is there a zero damage from incinerate champ?
  • Options
    Ultron’s reduced incinerate is not enough.
    5/65 200 and getting destroyed.
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,192 ★★★★★
    Denslo500 said:

Bishop
    -incinerate immune is functioning as a purify, purified debuffs cause energy damage.
    -if he only does sp1, he does steady release and gets aggressive. You get incinerate and die, or if immune you get energy damage and die.
    -sp2 has too much prowess and cannot be blocked enough to survive

Fails so far:
    og Vision (chip damage kills vision. Maybe try intercept?.),
    ultron 5/65 200,
    doom (duped and unduped),
    clair (tried incinerate immune mode),
    havok,
    Colossus
    Warlock
    Hood
    Sym sup

Don’t have a viable Tigra or Dormammu or Magik

Next up: intercept a lot with vision, doc oc

Need
    1) no incinerate immunity
    2) great power control or evade sp2
    3) great damage

I ranked up vulture just for Bishop and Mephisto fights. He hits all three of your needs.
  • Options
    Turning off the beta controls fixed it.
    Incinerate immunity not acting as a purify now.

Thanks everyone for your help.