**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why is the current state of the game in almost every way focused around Cavalier Players?

Hello, I made a post like this before and within five minutes it was deleted and gone forever. I didn't copy it and it was long and I said screw it and just left it be. However, I'm in the mood to hear the thoughts on this from the community. I have a lot to say, some may agree and some may not. That's okay as long as we're not ringing each others necks over this.

We all for the most part love this game. If you've been playing for awhile you've seen changes that have been amazing over the last few years. However, it's almost as if Kabam has completely forgotten the fact that the game is way past where it was when Cavalier was the shining milestone of the game. When I first became Cav, doing Cav EQ was actually a struggle, not just to explore but to complete. This was fun and interesting and it was worth while for a decent amount of time. This was when six stars were still a bit on the rare side and five stars were still so fun and worth it to open. Things are way past that for so many.
Five stars have become crystals people only open in hopes of getting iso which is for some odd reason provides the same amount as four stars. Six stars are way more common and it is visibly clear more ideal for end game content. While yes of course five stars could still do a lot, it was noticeable to me atleast in 7.3 and beyond that six stars were becoming the name of the game. Five stars at this point for MANY are a waste of gold and resources UNLESS you need a specific champ for a specific reason. Kabam is gatekeeping so many resources and forgetting that some people have over 60 rank 3 six star champs. There's no way someone with an account like that has any interest in a five star or two. Event Quest will give you less than 10k shards a month and the SQ varies immensely with how little they'll reward you nowadays. Some months you're lucky if you could open up two six star crystals AT most with some months barely letting you open a featured just to most likely get the champ you don't want because not only can you barely open six stars, we have no dual class crystals yet unless you spend the 3k units when the rare awful deals come around.

Now don't get me wrong, these rewards and expectations are phenomenal. IF you are still a cavalier player. Thronebreakers+ need more ways to actually progress outside of HUGE SPENDING events as well as the release of literal act content. Even the variants are balanced around Cav players which has been explicitly said.

Suggested Changes
Event Quest: 10k Shards for Completion, Six Star Nexus for Exploration. Tone up the difficulty by just making health pools larger....throw in extra nodes if you want.

Side Quest: Add another difficulty thats balanced around the expectation of a mid if not more endgame level thronebreaker. Provide more ways for endgame players to actually progress. This all i just a hard stepping stone for people on the way to paragon. Even Paragon players would benefit from this bonus.

Dual Crystals: Why don't we have these yet? They're in the game clear as day when they come around for 3k units and its hard enough to get a champ you want the rare chances we get to open crystals nonetheless one were hunting for. People will still by the awful offers and tons of your nexus crystals.

Purchase Crystals: Add thronebreaker crystals, make them nexus crystals, increase odds, REMOVE THREE STARS. If you want someone to be punished for gambling on the game, make it so four stars are the punishment where atleast its iso. Make them cheaper too, 10 dollars for one crystals that gives you nearly nothing more than three stars is disgusting. I doubt this would happen but featured cavs should be like 5 dollars unit wise. (Im sure even more people would purchase them youll still get your money Kabam)

Speaking of Iso: Provide more iso for five and six star duplicates to account for the fact that six stars are way more costly when it comes to it.

Gold: Add more ways outside arena, incursions gives a decent amount I will admit. However, those rewards are again so outdated for endgame players.

Incursions: Increase or change rewards that actually match the curent state of the game and what the players who are at that difficulty can actually enjoy. Like I said, those rewards are amazing, for someone who is cavalier.

Variants: Add a difficulty above the current one so that the content released isnt just subject to those that again, are Cavalier players. Again, those rewards are great...for someone who is Cav.

Overall
Overall its kind of just getting to a point where a month of content is released and waited for just to end up being something that will do nothing for endgame players accounts. I rushed this post as rewriting something that was deleted within 5 minutes last time is truly just not the same, but overall give your feedback give your input and be honest but keep it all civil. If not someones just going to use that as a reason to close it and nothing will change. Im in no way asking for the game to completely open the flood gates with shards etc, but they need to stop gatekeeping so much in order to keep those people that actually want to play and progress without waiting for a special weekend to spend 300+ dollars can stick around and do that.

Comments

• Options
    GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,923 ★★★★★
    ...what?
  • Options
    TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    There’s no reason Cavs can’t get thronebreaker. If you want the benefits of a thronebreaker, keep pushing. You can find r3 resources in almost every part of the game that requires high skill
  • Options
    Angryneeson52Angryneeson52 Posts: 445 ★★★

Overall I think the rewards are way behind when it comes to players who are non Cavalier and perhaps entry level Thronebreaker. Seems many disagree and if so I guess I am just blind to it.

What do you want more of in terms of rewards specifically? I’m so inundated with t5cc crystals that I can’t even open any anymore.

Is it gold? T4cc? T1a?
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Don't focus around actually pertaining to cavs...the whole post is focusing on how rewards etc for content is only good IF YOU ARE CAV. Essentially saying the rewards and percentages and all that **** essentially suck. I could be wrong from what it seems.

I think the thing is, Cav EQ is supposed to be for Cavs. So instead of suggesting to buff Cav EQ, which has relevant rewards for Cavs. We should push for TB event quests.

I know you mention TB side quest in the post, so it’s odd you didn’t just suggest that in the first place.
  • Options
    BigManOnCampusBigManOnCampus Posts: 376 ★★★

Hopefully they come out with TB EQ since we two levels above Cav now !!
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,219 ★★★★★
    Rillian said:

They tried offering a bit of tb difficulty with the 4* objectives in cav eq, but everyone complained

First time they did that, they put a 60k magik with reverse control specials as boss. Lol
    Still though only used couple revives saved though solo events.
    The objective gave 10% t5cc.
  • Options
    BigManOnCampusBigManOnCampus Posts: 376 ★★★
    Rillian said:

They tried offering a bit of tb difficulty with the 4* objectives in cav eq, but everyone complained

The good Old Dayz !
  • Options
    Farrukh_tvFarrukh_tv Posts: 208 ★★
    Rillian said:

I wouldn't call that kind of objectives/quests "difficult", they are more closer to "revive and get back loop", for me the bosses starting from the grandmaster fight are difficult, you have to keep track of what you doing, and it also leaves plenty of room for mistakes, not one hit followed by combo and you are dead kind of fight.
  • Options
    VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★

Rillian said:

I wouldn't call that kind of objectives/quests "difficult", they are more closer to "revive and get back loop", for me the bosses starting from the grandmaster fight are difficult, you have to keep track of what you doing, and it also leaves plenty of room for mistakes, not one hit followed by combo and you are dead kind of fight.
    Bosses starting from Grandmaster are way easier than when Act 6 was the top with a limited champion pool. Act 7 is fun though and not ridiculously punishing as you can get around with knowledge and skills.
  • Options
    RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
    Where have you been??? It isn't centered around the cavaliers! If it was centered around cavalier we wouldn't have been cut out of the pain is eternal event!
    Cavaliers get the shaft! A raft of 3 atars and more t2a and t5b and that is it!
    They have even tagged the side event crystals to prevent cavaliers from pulling anything higher than a 5*! I haven't pulled a 6* from a special side event crystal in going on 4 months...
    Not sure where you get the idea all the focus is on cavs!
    It is and has been on thronebreaker now it has moved up!
    The game has always favored those at the top whether they bought their way there or actually made it the hard way, free.
    But it is pretty clear they are separating the rewards along with the title! Insuring that those in the middle get loaded up with garbage! Pretty sure the shard bundles are tagged as to the source, and if most of it isn't coming from legendary it probably will not drop 6*s.
    Because the goal is, as ever, to goad those at the bottom into pushing up! Straining upward to that greener grass just the other side of the fence!
  • Options
    RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
    Progression is a self paced. It should not requir pushing. And i am not a thronebreaker because i have no intention of paying with money or a bunch of items!
    When my roster is such that i can proceed on skill and my previous investment in my champs alone? Then i advance. Not beecause of false promises of what is in store for me at the next level.
    You are right! I been playing this game long enough to know that kabam makes promises it never keeps and to not be naive enough to think that the next level of progression has wondrous game changing treasures in store, if only i will burn through a bunch of other stuff to get there!
    It has been, is, and will remain a grind, at every level, to progress and advance!
    I will not buy advancement with money or items!
  • Options
    Rap said:

Progression is a self paced. It should not requir pushing. And i am not a thronebreaker because i have no intention of paying with money or a bunch of items!
    When my roster is such that i can proceed on skill and my previous investment in my champs alone? Then i advance. Not beecause of false promises of what is in store for me at the next level.
    You are right! I been playing this game long enough to know that kabam makes promises it never keeps and to not be naive enough to think that the next level of progression has wondrous game changing treasures in store, if only i will burn through a bunch of other stuff to get there!
    It has been, is, and will remain a grind, at every level, to progress and advance!
    I will not buy advancement with money or items!

You don't need to pay for thronebreaker. There is plenty of content to get you there if you actually do it, and the rewards for it are pretty good.
  • Options
    DrDrillDrDrill Posts: 163 ★★★
    edited May 2022
    I think English is hard, OP clearly said that the 'rewards' are aimed towards "Cavalier"
    aka
    rewards are outdates and needs an overhaul, especially acquisition of 6* shards per month for non gambler.
    and the solution he gave is to introduce a TB side quest / TB event quest (addition from me) / TB Crystals
  • Options
    DrDrill said:

I think English is hard, OP clearly said that the 'rewards' are aimed towards "Cavalier"
    aka
    rewards are outdates and needs an overhaul, especially acquisition of 6* shards per month for non gambler.
    and the solution he gave is to introduce a TB side quest / TB event quest (addition from me) / TB Crystals

That i can agree on. Buff the rewards a little or maybe make that TB event quests or side quest