**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Parry by the defense

LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
I just got parried to death in BG for the first time, but it’s happened a lot in wars. Personally, I don’t think the ai defense should be able to parry incoming attacks. We get bugs and dropped inputs, but the ai is perfect and punishes our dashes? I’d love to hear your opinion

Parry by the defense 92 votes

The AI should be able to parry
64%
GroundedWisdomdanielmathRaganatorPiviotzuffyThe_ChumpTerraDarkrider05captaincushJeryG8terTotal_Domin01Thunderstruck77CupidRaichu626RockyshockyZADO1991IvarTheBonelessSCP1504SnakepSidDDragon 59 votes
The AI should NOT be able to parry
35%
Antony687VceeCarnage313jdrum663JinxesaxeTheVyrusCropDusterbrandinhoAR48_Sham_LattughinoPGK88EtherionGodSkydad23Krishna24Dfour24RenaxqqMCOCHazzaodishika123Gr8TonyStark 33 votes

Comments

• Options
    GreanGrean Posts: 1,397 ★★★★
    No skills?
  • Options
    Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    I guess I could see them turning off the mastery on defense (because, frankly, sometimes we are just hitting into their block with perfect timing, the AI isn’t trying to parry).

But what about colossus? If you turn off the mastery, he just regains his parry stun from his kit. And he can parry you in any content. Do they turn that off as well?
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Unless it's computer-generated AI, they're a complete snapshot of the opposing Player, including Masteries. That would open up a whole Pandora's Box. People use those Masteries on Defense.
  • Options
    TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,750 ★★★★★
    edited May 2022
    If the AI represents a player with the parry mastery, they should be able to parry. If they AI represents a non-player character, then no, unless it’s specifically stated in their skill set or is included on the node they’re on.
  • Options
    Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Posts: 792 ★★★
    I think the AI should be able to do whatever the player can. My argument is that the AI doesn't just have the skill to parry, it seems to parry as a programmed reaction to many attacks.
  • Options
    IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,247 ★★★★
    Terra said:

Grean said:

No skills?

The AI being able to parry, I'm fine with.
    Although I've gotten reparried constantly, THAT I have issue with.
    This this this. Going in to hit the opponent block to push them over a bar of power and getting parried on the 3rd or 4th hit into block really sucks.
  • Options
    Total_Domin01Total_Domin01 Posts: 1,015 ★★★★
    Lovejoy72 said:

I guess I could see them turning off the mastery on defense (because, frankly, sometimes we are just hitting into their block with perfect timing, the AI isn’t trying to parry).

But what about colossus? If you turn off the mastery, he just regains his parry stun from his kit. And he can parry you in any content. Do they turn that off as well?

They’re referring to the AI possessing enoug skills to be able to parry, they only actually stun you when they have the mastery, like in arena, BG, war, and specific nodes
  • Options
    Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★

Lovejoy72 said:

They’re referring to the AI possessing enoug skills to be able to parry, they only actually stun you when they have the mastery, like in arena, BG, war, and specific nodes
    But, as I said, I don’t think it’s the AI being some master at parry. I think it’s generally people dashing into block at exactly the wrong moment. I find it to be very rare, and I can generally tell when I’ve screwed up and mistimed my dash in. And with that, Parry’s are going to continue to happen so long as the champs are capable of it. I don’t think they can just take away the AI‘s ability to do it, since I think it is often us doing it to ourselves. And as such your only hope would be to turn the mastery off completely on defense, but that would still leave colossus parrying people.
  • Options
    Skydad23Skydad23 Posts: 539 ★★★
    Grean said:

No skills?

Explain to me this skill to prevent the AI from parring you? Literally how do you prevent the AI from doing something that it can do every single time if it wanted to.
  • Options
    Skydad23Skydad23 Posts: 539 ★★★

Terra said:

Grean said:

No skills?

The AI being able to parry, I'm fine with.
    Although I've gotten reparried constantly, THAT I have issue with.
    This this this. Going in to hit the opponent block to push them over a bar of power and getting parried on the 3rd or 4th hit into block really sucks.
    But it’s not the third or fourth hit is happening on the first hit it’s happening on an opening and it’s happening mid combo
  • Options
    psp742psp742 Posts: 2,309 ★★★★
    It's ok if the AI can parry or intercept from time to time but when it consistently parry, re-parry, and intercept you.. then combo you to oblivion.. then that is no fun at all.. not to mention most often the AI is buffed by few 100% and has power gain and doesn't cooperate in firing sp1 or sp2, instead it waits to use sp3.. now that is frustrating.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,216 ★★★★★
    Got reparried by thing in BG lol