**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Sigil Arena 1-5% Cutoff Predictions

TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
edited May 2022 in Strategy and Tips
Anyone got any ideas or speculation on what the cutoff is going to be for the top 5% of the arena? This is my first grind and I hope with a small roster and no units I can hit around 30 mil, but not sure what the cutoff is going to be like.
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Too much for me most likely
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,132 ★★★★★
    I would say 26-28m. That is a safe range for 1-5% in the featured arena and I would apply the same for this special arena. That is what I am aiming for.
    I didn’t set anything other than what is common in the 6* featured arena every week. If you really think 17m or so will get you 1-5%, you haven’t grind arena at all. I used to grind for 1-5% before the 6* arena. That was usually in the 22-24m range. Since the 6* featured, it’s safer in the 24-26m range.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    zuffy said:

I didn’t set anything other than what is common in the 6* featured arena every week. If you really think 17m or so will get you 1-5%, you haven’t grind arena at all. I used to grind for 1-5% before the 6* arena. That was usually in the 22-24m range. Since the 6* featured, it’s safer in the 24-26m range.

I’ve been grinding arenas for 5+ years 😂

I double checked the last 6 months worth of 1-10% ranking cutoffs in basic and feature arenas before commenting. 17M+ isn’t a safe bet neither is 22-25m. There is no “safe” in arena predictions. This will not gather a severely higher outcome then an above average “wanted” feature arena. There is also a large number of people that will want to “triple dip” arenas causing some of their scores to be significantly less. Instead of them doing 24m they might do 12m in the sigil & feature arena. Twice the units, same amount of work. I wouldn’t do 17m and call it good, the predictions will also tell you to do as much as possible without stopping till the last minute.

My educated estimate from years of doing this is that the cutoff for 1-5% will be less then the feature arena 1-5% from a rerun champ. I’d get to 17m and the assess what more you can do and continue to push till the final buzzer.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Rillian said:

Jaded said:

zuffy said:

I’ve been grinding arenas for 5+ years 😂

I double checked the last 6 months worth of 1-10% ranking cutoffs in basic and feature arenas before commenting. 17M+ isn’t a safe bet neither is 22-25m. There is no “safe” in arena predictions. This will not gather a severely higher outcome then an above average “wanted” feature arena. There is also a large number of people that will want to “triple dip” arenas causing some of their scores to be significantly less. Instead of them doing 24m they might do 12m in the sigil & feature arena. Twice the units, same amount of work. I wouldn’t do 17m and call it good, the predictions will also tell you to do as much as possible without stopping till the last minute.

My educated estimate from years of doing this is that the cutoff for 1-5% will be less then the feature arena 1-5% from a rerun champ. I’d get to 17m and the assess what more you can do and continue to push till the final buzzer.
    I’m tempted to triple dip myself as I’m missing a 5* beast and 4* and above ikaris. I’m not sure the unit value argument holds though, as the sigil offers 300 units over the course of a month. So that’s 435 units just from 1-5% in the sigil arena, plus your usual bchips… 40k?

The thing I’m unclear on is, if more occasionals are in the sigil arena, will that raise the cutoff or lower it? Will those occasionals have the roster to hit 25mill, or will they all get to 15 million and give up?
    Special arenas are always a ****-shoot with predictions 😂
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Rillian said:

Words have power.

Merely posting a prediction might change the outcome.

If you believe that nobody will ever read, think about, and act on what you write, why post?

I for one believe 1-5% will fall at 6 million.

If you press agree to this post, the final cutoff will fall, and it’ll be easier for you to hit 1-5%.

If you press disagree, the final cutoff will rise, and you might miss 1-5%…

That's an old wives' tale. They will be what they will be.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Rillian said:

Rillian said:

Words have power.

If you believe that nobody will ever read, think about, and act on what you write, why post?

If you press agree to this post, the final cutoff will fall, and it’ll be easier for you to hit 1-5%.

4 disagrees on my 6 million cutoff prediction so far..
    The arena is a 6* featured arena when the milestones alone are 12m and You think half the milestones in the arena will represent 5% of the players participating? That prediction is so ridiculously low I’m wondering if you have competed in the arena even once.
    Rillian said:

Rillian said:

Words have power.

If so, what’s your prediction on participation and cutoff?

And how does raised or lowered participation above the final milestone affect cutoffs?

4 disagrees on my 6 million cutoff prediction so far..
    I would say around 30 Mil for top 1-5%. Off the top of my head anyway. I was referring to the idea that talking about them raises them. That's not the case.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    1. This is Sigil SW, which means the only way for non-Sigil players to obtain it.
    2. Normal featured can be as high as 165mm for getting 6*, which raises the bar for 1-5% accordingly.
    3. There are still a group of active non-Sigil arena grinders there, don't underestimate their capability.
    4. Plus Bots issue unresolved......yet.
    5. Although there are 3 arenas now, one is ....... Beast, so.......

Based on 1-5 above, my guess is 28 - 32mm range for 1-5%.
    Hoping for 6m for 1-5% is delusional.
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    Rillian said:

zuffy said:

That’s your opinion. And it has a lot of weight.

Judging by your and grounded wisdoms posts, + all disagrees on my posts, we’re looking at around 30 million now,

…and maybe rising…?

Calculations might change as the debate evolves.
    bro what are you on
    Malreck04 said:

Rillian said:

zuffy said:

Judging by your and grounded wisdoms posts, + all disagrees on my posts, we’re looking at around 30 million now,

…and maybe rising…?

bro what are you on
    Same stuff that Amber Heard is on
    zuffy said:

Malreck04 said:

Rillian said:

zuffy said:

…and maybe rising…?

bro what are you on

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★
    200 million os safe. I guess. Maybe not.
  • NoobdaNoobda Posts: 787 ★★★

zuffy said:

Malreck04 said:

Rillian said:

zuffy said:

…and maybe rising…?

bro what are you on

As she said , "My dog stepped on a beeee 😖😖😭."
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,676 ★★★★★
    8m outta do it in the sigil witch arena.

Stand by for my rant post about how everything is unfair and such.
  • Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Posts: 792 ★★★
    The fact is this is a One-off arena, which frankly has come completely out of the blue, and even though it is Featured scoring per fight, I don't see how anyone can have anything other than a wide guess at cut off predictions.

Does anyone know how many people already have the Sigil? How many people already have the 5 & 6* SW? If we knew these numbers it might be easier to predict how many will play & push for high numbers.

In addition there is still the regular arenas with Ikarus, who is a solid champ and a lot of people might want to play that arena too.
  • DrDrillDrDrill Posts: 163 ★★★
    I don't see it going too high, or else you will get the 5 or 6* witch, for people already spending, I don't see them chasing extra 1 month of sigil which worth 10$ or 1 cav crystal, so it's between f2p players mainly, I'd say in the 20m range
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,209 ★★★★★
    edited May 2022
    The non grinders are grinding for 3*.
    Im guessing the number of people participating will lower the cutoff by couple mills, on a percent based rank rewards.