**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Are these modded fights? Masochism meta.

Hellblazer69Hellblazer69 Posts: 66
edited May 2022 in General Discussion
So first off to kabam,don’t close this post as I’m not mentioning any names or anything so I don’t think I’m breaking any forum rules so let this post stay.

Now,let’s get to business. I did these matches a while ago and didn’t make a post till now cause I’ve been a bit busy. Anyways I wanna ask,do you think these fights are modded or not?

Note to keep in mind,I run 5/5 MD so any mystic defender on right side of the screen has 5/5 MD

First off,R3 warlock vs R3 prof X

Warlock vs prof x. This guy wasn’t running suicides and neither was I. I don’t think it’s possible to beat prof X in 29 seconds with a R3 warlock. Why? Masochism and only his first medium is contact so when his falter is up,you have to parry first to get rid of the masochism timer then again to get a parry to get rid of the falter and then you can fight normally. Even if he used an sp2 and then used a few heavies which all crit, I don’t think warlock has the damage output to do such a fight in 29 seconds. I might be wrong so I’m asking here.

Anyways,round 3 agaiant the same guy. R3 spider ham vs R2 mojo(mine).

I think this is the most blantant proof this guy is modding. I mean spider ham is good but surely not that good. Taking down a mojo on masochism with 100% hp in 17 seconds. Like really? This means the guy didn’t parry and if he triggered any prompts then he didn’t even dex.

Now let’s take a look at another match. R3 sigil witch vs R2 sersi

I don’t have sigil witch but from what I’ve seen,her mega damage comes from building instability using sp1 and then using a mega sp3. Now this guy took down my sersi in 34 seconds. I don’t think that’s enough time for a few lengthy sp1,an sp3 and then the degen from the sp3 to tick down. My sersi is unduped so she doesn’t get the regen buffs on every hit when her glancing is active so my opponent couldn’t have fueled mystic dispersion that way. Write your thoughts below.

I won round 2 and 3 against this guy. Round 2 wasn’t super obvious whether he cheated or not. He took down my R3 IHulk using R3 mole man in 70 seconds so I don’t think that’s modded but I might be wrong.

Now when this guy lost round 2,I think he panicked and used some mods in round 3. R3 Knull vs his R3 apoc. The fight stats are shown below

This is what the fight looks like. My knull is sig 140 so he puts 10 debuffs at the start so that might explain why he has 100% hp. I dont think an un ramped apoc has the firepower to take down knull in 49 seconds. I might be extremely wrong as I’ve never used apoc in battlegrounds so I want your opinion on whether this fight is modded or not.

Now,this match is against the same guy shown above.

Round 1, I don’t really remember and it probably didn’t look modded so I didn’t take a screenshot.

On to round 2,R3 ibom vs R3 sassy

Now Sasquatch has a lot of resistance when he builds his rage charges. I don’t have ibom at a high enough level so I’ve never used him in battlegrounds but I think taking down Sasquatch in 42 seconds is fishy. I might be totally wrong and that’s why I’m asking here.

Round 3, R5 dragon man vs R2 bishop.

I think this fight is probably the biggest proof that this guy is a modder. I’ve personally used dragon man in battlegrounds and he doesn’t have the damage to take down a bishop in 37 seconds. Especially on masochism. Plus that sp2 gives bishop a ton of incinerates to fuel his prowess and give him unblockable specials.

Tell me your thoughts below.
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• Options
    PussaleyPussaley Posts: 54
    edited May 2022
    Also look at the highest combo. Cause with no health lost it’s more obvious than just a match up and time.

Example:
    [Image removed as per forum rules]

Apoc, Piggy, Dragon seems like cheating. Apoc with 1 charge is super slow. Piggy with 100% health, don’t know. He kills fast, even with masochism meta, i always kill mystics with piggy, but 100% health seems like something’s wrong with it, dragon against bishop - don’t believe he can deal with him so fast and with so high health left
  • Options
    NoobdaNoobda Posts: 787 ★★★
    Modders have increased so much that anyone playing legit and well isn't appreciated but considered sus :smile:
    Modders are ruining this game mode.
  • Options
    BigManOnCampusBigManOnCampus Posts: 376 ★★★

There’s people doing this type of thing in every aspect of the game. The difference with BG is that it’s directly visible to the honest player, not like the bots at the top of the arena boards.

well said !!
  • Options
    SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★

The only one I suspect is the Piggy one. The others look real

Do explain how a R2 bishop can be dealt with a R5 Dragon man in 37 seconds.
  • Options
    30ish30ish Posts: 177 ★★
    edited May 2022

This one is modded, I’m on the left side with BWDO, I actually KO’ed that iAbom in 40seconds with 80% remaining health bar. The moment I finish off the fight the screen goes black. However, there’s a timer for the result on TOP. I let them finish the timer & BOOM. He used the mod & KO’ed my fight & he finish off the fight within 30seconds. What a douche move by that dude.

It’s really hard to believe man, that KABAM ain’t doing anything about the modders. Sad reality but anyway have to accept it.

It leave no choice other than just stop playing Battleground.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★
    edited May 2022
    30ish said:

This one is modded, I’m on the left side with BWDO, I actually KO’ed that iAbom in 40seconds with 80% remaining health bar. The moment I finish off the fight the screen goes black. However, there’s a timer for the result on TOP. I let them finish the timer & BOOM. He used the mod & KO’ed my fight & he finish off the fight within 30seconds. What a douche move by that dude.

It’s really hard to believe man, that KABAM ain’t doing anything about the modders. Sad reality but anyway have to accept it.

Not that there aren't shady things happening, but a Modder isn't going to bother losing Health and then using the Mod. They're most likely going to Mod the whole thing.
  • Options
    H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,880 Guardian
    edited May 2022
    30ish said:

Yeah no mods there. The screen going black is just a crash issue.
  • Options
    GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 ★★★★
    AMS94 said:

No. of hits under "Performance" tab would present a clearer picture than time taken
    Some of these seem suspicious but most seem fine
    Also there's a high chance this thread will be deleted soon

This.

It's all good saying "this fight is too short", but showing the actual number of hits would be a better way to catch out unrealistic scenarios.
  • Options
    GoDlyZorGoDlyZor Posts: 150
    30ish said:

That's... Not how that works lol. When people say others are modding/cheating it's finishing fights in impossible times/number of hits/matchup. They're not interfering with your fight in any way, shape, or form. What you're describing is a weird bug/crash in the game that caused you to lose. Your opponent from this one matchup seems legit. This is why reporting can be dangerous and can turn into a witch hunt.

You also didn't blur out names so this thread might be deleted soon...
  • Options
    Erik_Killmonger1001Erik_Killmonger1001 Posts: 427 ★★★
    The issue I see is this, none of the fights you showed seemed to me to be modded to much extent, you can some are suspicious certainly but can you seriously say beyond reasonable doubt that it is impossible for an apocalypse to take down a knull in 50 seconds. Also I think that most of the fights are within the good RNG tolerance, unlikely yes bus definitely possible in a sample of the thousands of battlegrounds matches that take place every day. Like someone previously said modders are unlikely to just go a bit faster and lose slightly less health, I believe these are genuine players. Certain champs have innately high either base attack or CDR (warlock and spider ham being two notable examples. I have had 30-40 second fights occasionally with character with very hard hitting basics like red hulk if I take them against a character with very low HP like invisible woman or say professor X.
  • Options
    Hey there everyone, just wanted to drop in and offer a quick reminder that calling out other players is not allowed under the forum rules; this includes posting screenshots of other players/accounts and accusing them of cheating. As we've seen here, what one person may consider obvious cheating, another player could explain with skilled play, a recently verified bug, or a brand new strategy others might not have considered, and we'd like to avoid having people treat each other as guilty until proven innocent.

This is why we ask that, if players suspect someone of cheating, they send in a report to our Support Team with as much detail as possible about what they saw, rather than trying to call someone out on the forums. This can help avoid witch hunt situations among the community and the extra details can help the team determine more quickly whether someone is cheating, if a bug occurred, or if something else is happening entirely. The team is already doing work to deal with cheaters and to improve the process of detecting them, and even in cases where the team's already looking into a particular account, having those extra details can help refine or speed up the process.
This discussion has been closed.