Solving the "Gold Problem" by Removing it.

Felix33Felix33 Member Posts: 47
edited May 2022 in Suggestions and Requests
Now, I know this is quite radical and will never happen but just a thought.

I started thinking about this after I explored act 7 and my continuous gold supply was reduced.
I didn't have any lucky pulls recently where I took a brand new 6 star to r3 and now crying because I don't have enough, I am just ranking up a few characters here and there mostly to expand my roster for battlegrounds.

The game has evolved so much throughout the years and I think Gold is one of those things in the game is there because it was there at the beginning. We are actively grinding for so much resource in the game from various catalysts to ISO or for the very champions we wish to upgrade. Gold on the other hand is something we are grinding passively and unless we are running low, it is not something we are looking for.
Honestly, there should not be a point where I have t5 basic or tcc expiring because I have no gold.

The main problem is the need is just exponential. Look at energy cap for example. It was years ago 70, it is still 70. There were some crazy long paths in act 6 where you needed to more almost 140 energy to finish. People were complaining about that cap being low and Kabam actually listened and now making sure you can finish a quest with 70 energy in act 7 and EQ. So it is not as big an issue. But with gold... Last year there weren't many people with 5+ R3 in the game, now people are becoming Paragon and each single level up costs more and more. On a monthly cycle, if you finished the big quests, there is no way you can keep up.

Solution: Just get rid of it. It is not relevant in the game anymore. Okay fine, maybe not all of it. But get rid the cost for ranking up. We are already paying that with stuff like t5 basic. t5cc, alpha 2 and blood. Gold can be just levelling up. And I know that mess up with progression balance.. then make it a feature for throne-breakers. Progression players are debating the necessity of becoming cavalier and thronebreaker. Give them an additional reason.

Sorry for the long post, I thought it would be a few sentences but turned into a rant. And that's what it is a rant... i know it is not realistic.
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• kunfuweikunfuwei Member Posts: 64
    I think with the increase to gold crystals they went as far as they are willing to go for now. I get what your saying but I think its by design to keep you playing.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Member Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Gold problem? I have 66 million. Use gold every week to fund my aq map 8. And no I do not grind arena endlessly before you say that. Nor do I spend endlessly.
  • pseudosanepseudosane Member, Guardian Posts: 3,945 Guardian
    I am an arena grinder on my main, and gold isnt an issue there.

oN my alts however, it definitely is. It is a resource I have to keep managing, which is annoying. My alt has 30+ r3s and it is quite tough to keep up with gold needs.
    I wish there was a way to keep up relatively easily without grinding arena, unfortunately it isnt incentivized for KAbam. We will have to keep managing.
    The changes last year were great though. That was a step in the right direction.
  • Sean_WhoSean_Who Member Posts: 618 ★★★
    Then solve the t4cc problem by removing them too!

I hate having gold shortages, but if it's not gold then you'll eventually be short on something else anyway.
  • Krishna24Krishna24 Member Posts: 415 ★★★
    Good amount of Gold from SQ every alternate month may solve the issue, we received good amount of Gold in Feb month SQ and it worked good to solve the issue at least in my case so I guess similar amount of gold from SQ every alternate month may subside the issue a bit I feel.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Member Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Lots of disagrees from folks who don’t manage their gold correctly. I rank and level up champs every level up. I have over 26 r3s and 2 r4s. So I use it. I have an iso problem but that’s because I don’t ever open my 4 and 5 stars.
  • RicoShayRicoShay Member Posts: 228 ★★
    I think maybe they should just add a gold arena on weekends with the catalyst clash for players who want to grind out gold. Shouldn't be too much gold but enough to incentivise players into doing it if they have gold issues. More or less you just need to manage it. Stop ranking every champ and instead rank champs that can cover a large portion of content like Doom or Herc
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Member Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    RicoShay said:

I think maybe they should just add a gold arena on weekends with the catalyst clash for players who want to grind out gold. Shouldn't be too much gold but enough to incentivise players into doing it if they have gold issues. More or less you just need to manage it. Stop ranking every champ and instead rank champs that can cover a large portion of content like Doom or Herc

Not really relevant but I'm in a situation where I have had at least one t5b in my overflow for months now. Upto 3 at one point. Made the stupid mistake of doing a t5b path in 7.4. So I have lots of t5b but little t2a and t4cc
  • ErcarretErcarret Member Posts: 2,894 ★★★★★
    I don't think there is necessarily a "gold shortage" more than there is a shortage of other resources, but I do think that there could be a more visible way to gather gold than there is today. Yeah, you can grind arena, but that's not for everyone. Indeed, it's probably one of the most mind-numbingly boring ways to play the game - especially if you don't have the roster to compete for the higher ranked rewards while your at it.

Ideally, there would be other avenues to gain gold every week or month. The EQ gives out a decent amount of gold (and hopefully an eventual Thronebreaker difficulty will add even more on top) but I wouldn't be opposed to there being gold in the Glory store as well, for example. That way, you could bolster your gold reserves every week if that's the resource you're low on. You'd have to sacrifice some of the other goodies there in order to get it, but if gold is your bottleneck anyway it might be a worthwhile trade-off.

Or add a decent chunk to AW season rewards. It doesn't need to be everywhere, but right now it's kind of hard to target that shortage anywhere except by running the arena over and over and over and over and over and over again. If you've explored Act 7 and the Variants and what-have-you, there aren't any huge gold chunks left. Meanwhile, you can still gain the rank-up resources themselves through other content.
  • RicoShayRicoShay Member Posts: 228 ★★
    Act 6 rework might help with exploration and gold from that
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,488 ★★★★★
    Fabwizi said:

I wish someone could solve my money problem by removing it.

Right?
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Member Posts: 2,774 ★★★★★
    Modern Monetary Theory!
  • xNigxNig Member Posts: 7,329 ★★★★★
    Huh? What gold problem?

3 R4s and 48 R3s.

Map 8 weekly, tickets fully funded with Gold.

I don’t spend except for 1 Odin on July 4th/Black Friday (as my way of saying thanks for the game to Kabam), and don’t grind arena extensively (only milestones for 2-3 arenas, which takes very fast with proper time management).
  • ccrider474ccrider474 Member Posts: 661 ★★★
    I get where you are coming from but there isn't really a gold problem it is really a flood of rewards problem.

I am always low gold. After very lvl up I have just enough gold to start an arena match. It more stems from aq, aw and still trying to use act 7 rewards (explored in 1st week).

I can manage it better when stuff like act 7 doesn't drop but that huge flood of stuff plus keep getting more as aq, eq, sq and aw are all still giving me more.

I'm not a huge arena grinder all milestones in feature (as that is a below 60 streak for me without boosts or suicides) and I do incursions when when room bonus reset so twice a month in room 7 and 8.

Nothing expires for me atm more gold or free lvl up would only allow a player like me to go stupid with cats and I probably wouldn't think as hard to why I'm lvling who I am. What hole in my roster they fill.

Not saying that is what you would do but I know I would.
  • xNigxNig Member Posts: 7,329 ★★★★★
    edited May 2022
    Anyway, I have a theory on why people think there is a “gold problem”.

How the game works is:
    1. Do quests/AQ/AW, get materials to deepen and expand your roster.
    2. Open your 4*s, get ISO.
    3. Do arena, get gold.

For newer players, it’s always #2 or #3. Not having a deep roster = less 4*s to dupe hence less ISO. Therefore, an “ISO shortage”.

For long time players, it’s usually #3, or rather, the lack of will to do #3.

Sometimes it’s also just players’ impatience to wait for Level Up to rank their champs.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Member Posts: 8,672 ★★★★★
    edited May 2022

There is no gold problem.

Yeah for some of you.....arena grunders
    I hate arena. I do run some but am far far from a grinder. I have 47 million gold and haven't opened battlechips in months as I'm trying to get 1 million for the first time ever lol. I'm currently in a lower alliance while I finish act 7 exploration but I ran map 8 buying tickets entirely with gold and a little loyalty for ages. I don't understand the gold problem.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Member Posts: 3,969 ★★★★★
    Fabwizi said:

I wish someone could solve my money problem by removing it.

Are you married with a bunch of children and a racecar habit?

That worked for me
  • Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Member Posts: 792 ★★★
    I've never had a gold problem since my account was in it's early stages. I've been over 30m consistently for a good few years, and that has nothing to do with hoarding or saving, I simply can't spend it.
  • DoosraDoosra Member Posts: 359 ★★★
    Nice idea
    I had iso problem let's remove it too
    Iam sure some one will have t5 basic problems
    Sure remove them too