**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Eternity of Pain - Week 3 (Blade) Megathread

13»

Comments

• Options
    doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,728 ★★★
    BWDO.
    Fight wasn't too bad, just pay attention to 2 things.
    First, Blade's power meter. His special attacks are unblockable so don't let him get above 2 or game over. His SP1 is easy to dexterity.
    Second, the Destructive Feedback node meter under Blade's health bar. If it's yellow, either avoid Blade or intercept him. Don't even block or parry. When it turns gray, then u can fight normally.

Anyway, that's all I really paid attention to.
  • Options
    doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,728 ★★★

what do you guys think is easier? one run with bwdo to hit both objectives or one run with falcon and one with hit-monkey/domino?

BWDO. Fight actually wasn't too bad.
  • Options
    ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    For those who don’t have BWDO and need to spilt objectives, I think many players would pick Domino as the most effective Merc option. For avenger one, other than HB and CAIW, have you thought about him:

Originally I used him for trial run but it turns out to be very effective and fun. Just keep launching SP1/2 and Blade have very little chance to launch SP1. You just block and hit him as usual when destructive feedback expired.
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,703 ★★★★★
    I did last weeks with Domino for the mutant point, may as well have a crack using her again this time.

• Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,703 ★★★★★
    Just got bled while hitting into blades block. Not happy.
  • Options
    30ish30ish Posts: 177 ★★
    edited May 2022
    I got solo but it took plenty of trial runs in order to get adjust with the AI. Sometimes, it won’t throw special 1, dexterity won’t register even though I dexed his special 1. Too many issues
    I don’t understand the damage per hit is way too low for 6* r3 sig20 BWDO.

• Options
    IgnobleIgnoble Posts: 79
    30ish said:

I got solo but it took plenty of trial runs in order to get adjust with the AI. Sometimes, it won’t throw special 1, dexterity won’t register even though I dexed his special 1. Too many issues
    I don’t understand the damage per hit is way too low for 6* r3 sig20 BWDO.

It took a while for me to get used to the AI as well.
  • Options
    GinjabredMonstaGinjabredMonsta Posts: 6,454 Guardian
    edited May 2022
    Siliyo said:

TyEdge said:

Ignoble said:

Daaamn GGs. I had to burn revives for mine, you guys are killing that Blade

No, they getting lucky and he is actually throwing specials
    Luck is only one factor, and certainly not the biggest. I thought this was a very well designed fight that could be tackled with most good champs.
    While the node designs are good and I see what Kabam did there, the fact that you need a cooperative AI without the fight feeling like a slug fest, is what makes this fight distasteful.
    For me, this AI was more cooperative than the CB we had week 1
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    Well this one sucks. Getting started with the rotation is the hardest thing.

Got the first 2 with BWDO, been getting screwed by RNG on CGR so far.
  • Options
    SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,387 ★★★★★

Siliyo said:

TyEdge said:

Ignoble said:

Daaamn GGs. I had to burn revives for mine, you guys are killing that Blade

No, they getting lucky and he is actually throwing specials
    Luck is only one factor, and certainly not the biggest. I thought this was a very well designed fight that could be tackled with most good champs.
    While the node designs are good and I see what Kabam did there, the fact that you need a cooperative AI without the fight feeling like a slug fest, is what makes this fight distasteful.
    For me, this AI was more cooperative than the CB we had week 1
    The opposite is true for me. CB was my favorite fight of the 3 so far.
  • Options
    TrongNovTrongNov Posts: 247 ★★★
    Hit monkey for merc objective. I was about to use Domino first but Hit Monkey just did it faster and more reliable for me, it was a solo.
    Falcon for Avenger, his damage is good. Had to use 1 revive though, bc Blade cornered me and refused to use his sp1.
  • Options
    CassyCassy Posts: 1,072 ★★★
    I liked this Fight.
    Domino and OG Vision did it for me. As long as U stay Focused, its pretty straight Forward.
  • Options
    RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,067 ★★★★★
    TrongNov said:

Hit monkey for merc objective. I was about to use Domino first but Hit Monkey just did it faster and more reliable for me, it was a solo.
    Falcon for Avenger, his damage is good. Had to use 1 revive though, bc Blade cornered me and refused to use his sp1.

@TrongNov those are the champs I’m going to use. Any tips?

• Options
    TrongNovTrongNov Posts: 247 ★★★
    Riptide said:

TrongNov said:

@TrongNov those are the champs I’m going to use. Any tips?

It's pretty much hit him whenever I can and don't get hit while his shield is on. Even though Blade's attack is 16k, if I have to block, I don't mind taking some. It's just a long fight so I turn off suicide. One more thing, don't let him corner you. Hit into his block to push him to other side of the screen if you have to. His regen is not that crazy. Use special anytime it's available for you as long as it doesnt push Blade to 2 bars.
    I do MLM for HM. And for Falcon, I keep using his lock on to raise crit rate whenever it's ready. Blade's AI is not very aggressive. You can daah back and activate lock on b4 he dashes into you.
  • Options
    Strangecraft069Strangecraft069 Posts: 183
    Whoever is asking about hb or falcon, go hb and put some pts in tech color if you got it, you'll be able to use your special 1 regularly if not every time
  • Options
    MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,117 ★★★★
    Think they could do with a tag review. Great argument for both ronin and bucky/ws to have both avenger and mercenary tags.

Don't have either ranked so would not help me; just reflecting on the filter options.
  • Options
    DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,165 ★★★★★
    Lpoo said:

BWDO is a pretty realistic solo. I used 2 revives due to catching a sp1 to the face, but i found the fight much easier than last week

I have a rank 1 bwdo. Is it worth it to try with her? Or is it quite beneficial to have her at a higher rank?
  • Options
    NoobdaNoobda Posts: 787 ★★★
    The fight can be done with possibly any champ but dexing Sp1s after a point gets boring and can get hit due to careless then.
    Also, If the AI refuses to through special it can get alot worse.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,558 ★★★★★
    Had a clean solo with 5* Domino where my signal didn’t stutter and inputs actually registered. Now working on Avenger with either Swigil or Hawkeye.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,880 Guardian

Pretty clean solo with Moonknight for merc obj
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,558 ★★★★★
    H3t3r said:

That’s impressive. Did you use Steven at all or did Jake do the heavy lifting?

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,880 Guardian
    DrZola said:

H3t3r said:

That’s impressive. Did you use Steven at all or did Jake do the heavy lifting?

Dr. Zola
    Mainly Steven. Couldn't make it too easy.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,388 ★★★★★
    edited May 2022
    Well, being a total scrub (at least, judging by the number of people posting solos), I'm nowhere near a solo on a 100kPi Blade with Destructive Feedback, Unblockable Specials and lots of them.

Ground him down with Namor for my Avenger objective, and now after a few failed attempts with Masacre, I tried an alternative that no-one has mentioned before, so I thought I'd share:

Luke is actually a cracker for this fight if you don't have a high-ranked Domino, Black Widow or Hit Monkey. Especially if your skills aren't good enough to avoid 100% of hits, which mine sadly aren't.

He's hampered a little by class disadvantage, sure. But: He's bleed immune, which helps if you get clipped by Blades SP1, since it comes with pretty major Bleed damage.

And Luke's Invulnerability comes in really useful in this fight.

Unlike some champs like Killmonger and Terrax, Luke's invulnerability really means Invulnerability. So, it means if Blade actually hits you on a mis-timed dodge/dash/intercept, you can completely ignore the reflected damage from Destructive Feedback. And at those times when he refuses to throw his SP1, you can push him to an SP2 and take it on the chin.

At a decent Sig level, you can get the Invulnerability back pretty fast, and can repeat as necessary.

He may not be fancy, but he got the job done for me with four or five 20% revives.

Two days left folks - good luck, all.