**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Have todays war not count towards season.

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    I'm not disagreeing for the sake of it. If it was within reason, I'd say yes. This wasn't something that constitutes discounting a War in my opinion. We all have our own.
    7714dtl said:

I'm not disagreeing for the sake of it. If it was within reason, I'd say yes. This wasn't something that constitutes discounting a War in my opinion. We all have our own.

And your opinion has always mirrored Kabams agenda. Funny for someone who is supposedly not arguing for the sake of it
    Arguing for the sake of it is not accepting that someone else has a different opinion and accusing them of blindly following. You could just simply accept that I don't agree. Just a thought.
    Badrose said:

7714dtl said:

And your opinion has always mirrored Kabams agenda. Funny for someone who is supposedly not arguing for the sake of it
    Arguing for the sake of it is not accepting that someone else has a different opinion and accusing them of blindly following. You could just simply accept that I don't agree. Just a thought.
    If kabam does not have the immediate possibility to verify that no alliance has been affected by the placement, your arguments are totally invalid. I have the right to place whenever I want, no matter what you, other players or even Kabam think. Of course you may have your own opinion, but it's irrelevant and wrong, according to the rules.

In any case, they should immediately communicate whether the war is valid or not. That's the only problem.
    I'm pretty sure my opinions don't need to be verified by Kabam's data. If I say I don't think it warrants it, that's just how I feel.
  • OmariusRexOmariusRex Posts: 7
    Viewing the issue based on the total time of outage alone and what has been done similarly based on that alone is not considering many other variables. If the game goes down for over an hour before a mode ends occurs without notice that should warrant Kabam to intervene in some way. It’s two completely different situations if it were down at another part of placement versus it happening right as it ends and just leads into attack.
    This same situation has occurred with AQ and kabam intervened in some means rather than give indecisive and confusing responses.
  • MackeyMackey Posts: 1,531 ★★★★★
    This should be the least they should do. The game is all over the place since the outage yesterday. Any game mode I enter, I have issues with parry not working, I get the icon for parry but nothing afterwards other than me getting hit. Dex is broke too, the amount of time I dex and just block or just stand there like a lemon is ridiculous. AI has become a master at intercepting my intercepts and not to mention the AI parry works perfectly.

AW is the least of it by a mile.
  • GrimXYZGrimXYZ Posts: 100

GarrettN said:

Hey all, we are discussing what if any action we should take for this war. It will not be cancelled, however, as it is too late for. that.

Probably wouldn’t have been too late 5-6 hours ago when it had just started and the game was broken.
    How long was it down? 20 minutes, half an hour?
    It was different for everyone. I was watching KT1 stream and he was still doing battleground. I could not log in for 2-3 hours that I tried...and maybe more.
  • hmdemerahmdemera Posts: 78
    We were in the process of making some adjustments, waiting on a couple players to place when the game went down. We're in tier 5 war and this most certainly spells defeat. ISO8Y was negatively affected by the game interruption, for the record. @Kabam Miike

• Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    We missed 1 placement but not asking for the war not to count. Something you need to deal with. Even with that said missed placement we won the war.

Make the war count!
  • Angryneeson52Angryneeson52 Posts: 445 ★★★

We missed 1 placement but not asking for the war not to count. Something you need to deal with. Even with that said missed placement we won the war.

Make the war count!

We missed several placements in plat war yesterday and still won, but I still would have liked the war cancelled to keep a level playing field for all. I expect every second of time we get to make adjustments without interruption.
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    edited May 2022
    I am very sorry but i do not agree! On the demands for compensation or for discounting this match!
    Once again! People want compensated for poor choices! In my alliance it is a requirement that you place for defense the first time you log in and get the defense placement notification and they are not to leave the game after that until they do place!
    If you are waiting to the last minute to place for defense? That is on you! Because there is absolutely no reason to wait to the last minute! You are able to use defensive champs in other parts of the game right up until war attack phase begins!
    And if you are clever? Even after it has begun! Park in a quest before the attack phase begins, with a defender, and you can finish that quest with that defender even after attack phase begins!
    So you, not having time to place, is all you!
    And should not be accommodated!
    And really? How is it fair to take a victory away from a better run alliance just to accommodate poorly run ones?
    And how fair is it to tell an alliance that placed all the items they used were a total waste?
  • Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 756 ★★★
    people were more or less equally effected by the outage. There are far more issues which lead to AW being "unfair" than this (getting matched against wrong tier. Opponent using defensive tactic that wasn't option for us)

I'm sure everyone who had a bad /losing war will want it to not count, and everyone who won will want it to count.

I'd be all for having lowest war score being dropped from totals (deal with people having real world issues, any regional connectivity issues, etc.)... in which case this could be your one war... but I don't see a reason this war shouldn't count.
    edited May 2022
    We faced an opponent with every member placed. Everyone who could place in our alliance was placed! Win or lose we had a fair match and it should count! Sorry but learn from it! PLACE EARLY!
    And if you lost some boosts in a quest someplace else? How does making the the war invalid impact that? You can't lose items wastefully? But alliances can lose and waste items in war by invalidating it?
    Selfish much?
    Rap said:

We faced an opponent with every member placed. Everyone who could place in our alliance was placed! Win or lose we had a fair match and it should count! Sorry but learn from it! PLACE EARLY!

Very non constructive comment. That’s not a lesson to learn. Kabam messed up and didn’t make it right. That’s a fact. We are given a certain timeframe and I intend to be able to use every minute of it. We had my two final members not place because the game was down and now my alliance is missing 10 defender placements and cost us some diversity points. These members always place roughly 30 minutes prior to due to job and Timezone differences.

We won the war by a mile but still stand by my initial post.
    edited May 2022
    You guys are too funny whine on!
    But if i was a judge and knew you had 24 hours to place and waited till the last 2? I'd throw your case out!
    I do, however, agree that kabam owes us something for the many other issues in this game! But not for some fud not placing in a timely manner for war defense! Or that this match should not count! You got 9 more to recover!
    If we lose we are prepared to suck it up and move on! Grow a pair!
    Rap said:

You guys are too funny whine on!

Back to your silver alliance you go
    We have people from Canada, Australia, and the US. Everyone who was in placed. It really is a matter of waiting until the last minute.
    I understand it affected some people. That's not the argument. The issue is it was a short time, and the game was back up again. These things need to take into account the overall effect, especially when you're talking about discounting a War for everyone. If it was a prolonged outage, or a recurring issue, that's different. On the basis of discounting it just because it wasn't perfect and uninterrupted, I disagree.
  • Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 756 ★★★
    so let's assume for the moment we don't count today's war. What about items used in the war? I am sure a lot of people used a lot of items = lot of loyalty they wouldn't have if they knew the war wouldn't count. We would have to get those items refunded as well.
  • NoobdaNoobda Posts: 787 ★★★

We have people from Canada, Australia, and the US. Everyone who was in placed. It really is a matter of waiting until the last minute.

Had a member in my bg. He already cleared it out in the chat that he will join hours late & can't even login the game coz he had an emergency which I won't disclose .

Comes out that he joined just at the very last moment just before maintenance kicked in , BUT unfortunately couldn't place all his defenders at their spots before game servers slowed down .
    2 of his defenders were placed at random positions on the map , One of which was still fine but the another one was a blunder.

It was one hour before placement phase ended that maintenance kicked in & He kept trying to login during that 1 hour after some time gaps but the game didn't return for much more time.

People have lives . Not everyone keeps this game as his first priority . There are people out there who love their family more than this game. I know its no point arguing with you but remember it, If an issue didn't impact you , It doesn't mean that it impacted none.

I repeat , "People have life."

Update : We won the war.
    Noobda said:

Had a member in my bg. He already cleared it out in the chat that he will join hours late & can't even login the game coz he had an emergency which I won't disclose .

Comes out that he joined just at the very last moment just before maintenance kicked in , BUT unfortunately couldn't place all his defenders at their spots before game servers slowed down .
    2 of his defenders were placed at random positions on the map , One of which was still fine but the another one was a blunder.

It was one hour before placement phase ended that maintenance kicked in & He kept trying to login during that 1 hour after some time gaps but the game didn't return for much more time.

People have lives . Not everyone keeps this game as his first priority . There are people out there who love their family more than this game. I know its no point arguing with you but remember it, If an issue didn't impact you , It doesn't mean that it impacted none.

My guys have lives too. Things happen, no doubt. Some can't log on until the last minute. Is it fair to cancel out the progress for everyone else because the game went down an hour?
  • MackeyMackey Posts: 1,531 ★★★★★

Noobda said:

My guys have lives too. Things happen, no doubt. Some can't log on until the last minute. Is it fair to cancel out the progress for everyone else because the game went down an hour?
    Is it fair for allies who was unfortunate enough to have late members etc suffer through a war where their opponents have the upper hand?
    Mackey said:

Noobda said:

Is it fair for allies who was unfortunate enough to have late members etc suffer through a war where their opponents have the upper hand?
    No. The question is, is the solution more unfair than the original issue.