**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Are you still playing / enjoying Battlegrounds?

Comments

• Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I play battle grounds for the sig stones but yes it is still fun. I don't play everyday though so I don't fit into any of the options.
  • Options
    Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,534 ★★★★★
    I played a ton up until last week. It got boring doing the same fights with the same nodes everyday. I totally understand that they can’t change the nodes daily, but I think having a pool of 5-8 nodes that are selected at random during the choosing phase would be better. It will also make it more competitive because you won’t be able to design a team around a specific node.

Other than that, I enjoy BGs, but the energy cost is too much for me personally. I’d rather spend energy exploring act 7 than 15 minutes of a game mode with so so rewards for the effort you have to put in.
  • Options
    A3G0NA3G0N Posts: 75
    I'm going for maximum rewards, those 6* sig stones and 6* shards are nice. I skipped the exploration of monthly UC EQ to save energy for Battlegrounds
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,219 ★★★★★
    Yes
  • Options
    NoobdaNoobda Posts: 787 ★★★
    Have nothing else to do in the game other than AW AQ . So , Yes! Definitely...
  • Options
    DareMartinDareMartin Posts: 11
    It’s too difficult - I have no chance of winning
  • Options
    Sean_WhoSean_Who Posts: 618 ★★★
    Did enough to test the beta. Promising mode depending on how the rewards work when it goes live.
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,055 ★★★★★
    Only for the rewards
  • Options
    ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    I didn't find a choice that fit how I would list myself, which is I kinda play it only to get enough rewards for the 6* sig. I'm not really enjoying it much as it got old for me quick.

And when I say I kinda play, what I mean is I tank 5-10 fights to lower my rating while getting compete in BG objectives rewards then win a few while low rating then purposely forfeit several, then win a couple easy one, rinse and repeat.
  • Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,912 ★★★★★
    No, I’m waiting until I’m allowed to challenge my alliance mates
  • Options
    I enjoy it currently just farming the rewards though.
  • Options
    frodo2377frodo2377 Posts: 313 ★★★
    I thoroughly enjoy this game mode. Strategy, luck and skill all play a part in the outcome. It's about as close to head to head competition that we're likely to see. Energy costs need to be lower, but whatever. It's a bitter pill to swallow though to watch modders you've reported and shown clear evidence of cheating (ie taking down 6* R3 defenders in 1-2 seconds) still be allowed to play and receive no punishment.
  • Options
    KanoooKanooo Posts: 106
    Depends on the node modifications, really.

Starting to enjoy it (and the rewards) as well.

But not really fond of the current Bubble shield and limber buffs. Losing more frequent this week.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian

Thanks everyone for your valuable feedback! So also taking into account the poll results I think we can conclude that the majority of players either play less or have lost interest.

The only thing we can conclude is that the majority of forum readers who like to participate in polls and have any interest in providing feedback for battlegrounds either play less or have lost interest, or do not fit into any of the three options listed.

I for example do not fit into any of the three options. I haven't lost interest in battlegrounds. I still play it more or less as much as before. I am still completing all the milestones. However, I do not play battlegrounds every day, as that's not only not necessary to maximize rewards, it is somewhat counterproductive.

Forum polls are not just sampling a tiny minority of players, they are also not even remotely representative. For example, we know that statistically speaking over 90% of F2P players are completely free to play (the industry average is about 5%). We know the vast majority of players are not yet Cavalier, and simply by virtue of the tier percentages we know the vast majority of players who participate in AW at all are below Silver 1. Most players who do AQ are doing maps below map 5. The percentage of players that have completed the Abyss - that are even *capable* of completing the Abyss, is vanishingly small. No poll gets anywhere close to the correct numbers.

Polls can be informative to be sure, but they aren't saying what the players at large are thinking and doing. They are at best saying what a very specific slice of players are thinking and doing.

I'm most interested to know how Battlegrounds is doing among more casual players. Because those are the players that forum and reddit polls underrepresent the most, because casual players don't read the forums or reddit. They don't complete the polls. But they do play the game, and they show up in the game play statistics. There are way more Bronze 2 players than Platinum 1 players, but they don't show up in discussion forums.
  • Options
    KanoooKanooo Posts: 106
    DNA3000 said:

Thanks everyone for your valuable feedback! So also taking into account the poll results I think we can conclude that the majority of players either play less or have lost interest.

The only thing we can conclude is that the majority of forum readers who like to participate in polls and have any interest in providing feedback for battlegrounds either play less or have lost interest, or do not fit into any of the three options listed.

I for example do not fit into any of the three options. I haven't lost interest in battlegrounds. I still play it more or less as much as before. I am still completing all the milestones. However, I do not play battlegrounds every day, as that's not only not necessary to maximize rewards, it is somewhat counterproductive.

Forum polls are not just sampling a tiny minority of players, they are also not even remotely representative. For example, we know that statistically speaking over 90% of F2P players are completely free to play (the industry average is about 5%). We know the vast majority of players are not yet Cavalier, and simply by virtue of the tier percentages we know the vast majority of players who participate in AW at all are below Silver 1. Most players who do AQ are doing maps below map 5. The percentage of players that have completed the Abyss - that are even *capable* of completing the Abyss, is vanishingly small. No poll gets anywhere close to the correct numbers.

Polls can be informative to be sure, but they aren't saying what the players at large are thinking and doing. They are at best saying what a very specific slice of players are thinking and doing.

I'm most interested to know how Battlegrounds is doing among more casual players. Because those are the players that forum and reddit polls underrepresent the most, because casual players don't read the forums or reddit. They don't complete the polls. But they do play the game, and they show up in the game play statistics. There are way more Bronze 2 players than Platinum 1 players, but they don't show up in discussion forums.

Huh?
  • Options
    GrubGrub Posts: 258 ★★★
    They were a lot more entertaining without the recharge costs in champs. Now I just play a few rounds and stop. Playing with a sub optimal deck or u leveled champs is just not fun.
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,956 ★★★★★
    Too much energy, too much cheating, too many forefeits.
  • Options
    Krishna24Krishna24 Posts: 380 ★★★
    Mollinary said:

Is hard to call it playing, most fight is finished by running away by me or opponent. 90% of my "Fights" was finished like that

Yes, thats what I have been doing from the past week, lol
  • Options
    StarzStarz Posts: 153
    Bubble Shield/ Limber blows.. The A.I. is acting super strange and ridiculously passive or way past aggressive, ghost parry's at least once a fight and we still have cheaters dropping KO's in 2 seconds flat... Love it
  • Options
    TesladonTesladon Posts: 339 ★★
    My favorite part is waiting to see if my opponent is going to forfeit or not. But if they don’t, I don’t mind playing. The rewards aren’t bad, but winning by way of the quick forfeit is by far what puts a smile on your boy’s face.
  • Options

A forfeit is a win, why is that bad? lol
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,956 ★★★★★

Rewards and wins are good but if we’re playing to test out the game mode it’s difficult to do if you don’t have a match take place.
  • Options
    baskinrobbinsknowsbaskinrobbinsknows Posts: 265 ★★★
    I just put No, even though I never tried it. It never interested me, so I'm not sure if my response is what you are looking for, but it is an answer to, 'am I playing it.'
  • Options

Rewards and wins are good but if we’re playing to test out the game mode it’s difficult to do if you don’t have a match take place.
    If you get your rating high enough people don't forfeit matches.
  • Options
    FórgeFórge Posts: 33
    Never touched it to begin with
  • Options
    EtherionGodEtherionGod Posts: 251 ★★
    I’m just trying to 100% act 7, I’m at 89% right now so spending energy on battlegrounds is a no go for me
  • Options
    Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,539 ★★★★★
    Play 1 or 2 games every other day, but other than that that's it.
    Still get that black screen in the middle of games which totally ruins the mood.

Until it's out of Beta I'll give it another shot then
  • Options
    LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,362 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Well I play in a map 755 casual alliance and looking at the leaderboard only 11 of 30 players even tried the battlegrounds during these beta.
    I honestly think its not that appealing as the "time to start the fight" is quite high.