Options

Blacklist bad idea

JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
Auto banning champions for entire season 🤦‍♂️

Comments

• Options
    TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    I didn’t read it too closely, does it let you have 3 bans in addition to make it 4 total or you add 2 to make it 3 total? I mean we all know it’s going to be Torch most banned, it’s a matter of is it Ghost/Herc/Doom/Quake for the second spot
  • Options
    Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,535 ★★★★★
    I would much rather just limit the number of bans per champ to 6 each season, but at least them recognized the issue.
  • Options

I didn’t read it too closely, does it let you have 3 bans in addition to make it 4 total or you add 2 to make it 3 total? I mean we all know it’s going to be Torch most banned, it’s a matter of is it Ghost/Herc/Doom/Quake for the second spot

Right it’s not clear, I’m assuming you’ll be able to ban 3 still.
  • Options
    LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,172 ★★★★
    Please make it by alliance so those that swap alliances don't get a Whitelist/Blacklist for the next season.... 👀
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Zan0 said:

I actually think it’s gonna be good and we’ll actually be able to use the 2 most banned champs an entire season without them being banned at all

That was my view as well. Like say it’s Torch and Ghost, lots of people want them as their top option. That’s why they get banned so much.

There’ll be a whole season you can use them as your counter
  • Options
    Zan0 said:

I mean I get the point that it’s trying to accomplish, but I feel like it’s going to take a while to pan out. Torch will be banned for all of Season 35, then black listed for Season 36, then white listed (available) for Season 37. That’s what, 4 months? I think it’s a good idea, it’ll just seem slow. I think something like “you can’t ban the same champion in two consecutive wars” would be interesting and produce faster results

While I get what you are thinking it’s not the best idea because 1 alliance will have torch banned for all wars and another will have him banned 0 times that doesn’t seem fair does it?
    I agree, statistically you’re likely to have about 50/50, but with the amount of alliances there are it’s almost guaranteed a number of alliances will get the fringe cases.

1 whole season makes the playing field level for everyone.

Also, you can plan defences based on who your bans are. If Torch is white listed for a season, you can place your defence with the knowledge that torch is an option for the entire season - I.e. one defence.

If torch is banned one war, then not the next, then the next and back and forward. You have to plan and replan defence every time.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

I mean I get the point that it’s trying to accomplish, but I feel like it’s going to take a while to pan out. Torch will be banned for all of Season 35, then black listed for Season 36, then white listed (available) for Season 37. That’s what, 4 months? I think it’s a good idea, it’ll just seem slow. I think something like “you can’t ban the same champion in two consecutive wars” would be interesting and produce faster results

Blacklisting could start next season easily.
  • Options
    edited June 2022

My main concern with the blacklist is how is the "most banned" champ determined. Will the two for expert be the most banned in those tiers or will the list just be made from the most banned across the expert and challenger map?

Both groups run different tactics so I'm hoping that each group has its own list.

The latter
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,076 ★★★★★
    I don't see why Torch is always banned ... he's very easy to place around and mitigate whatever he does. But no doubt Torch, Corvus, Doom etc. will stay blacklisted.
  • Options

I don't see why Torch is always banned ... he's very easy to place around and mitigate whatever he does. But no doubt Torch, Corvus, Doom etc. will stay blacklisted.

He counters all of the miss tactic champions easily, and about half of the tactic champions are mystic anyway.

When it was unstoppable global we experimented with placing anti torch defences, mystics only on hazard shift or other anti torch nodes, but while he dominates this tactic he’s definitely getting banned a lot.
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    I’m a fan, should change things up a bit more between seasons
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    So being able to use a top tier champion once every 3 months in aw may sound appealing there could have been better ways to deal with the banning of champions.

They could have put a cool down timer per champion. 72hrs ? Can’t ban them during cool down.

Or limit the amount of times a champion can be banned by the alliance? 6 bans allowed per champion per season?

Or increase it to 5 bans per war with limitations as I mentioned before. This blacklist system seems to double down on how over complicated kabam thinks they need to be when address issues. I understand this is an unpopular opinion amongst so of the loudest forum members, I personally don’t agree with the bans on season wars. We should have access to our full roster we spend endless time developing. Since we have to deal with bans, if someone told me that I’ll be able to use my shiny new champion in war once every 3 months I’ll probably think twice about ranking up that champion.
  • Options
    Zan0 said:

Jaded said:

So being able to use a top tier champion once every 3 months in aw may sound appealing there could have been better ways to deal with the banning of champions.

They could have put a cool down timer per champion. 72hrs ? Can’t ban them during cool down.

Or limit the amount of times a champion can be banned by the alliance? 6 bans allowed per champion per season?

Or increase it to 5 bans per war with limitations as I mentioned before. This blacklist system seems to double down on how over complicated kabam thinks they need to be when address issues. I understand this is an unpopular opinion amongst so of the loudest forum members, I personally don’t agree with the bans on season wars. We should have access to our full roster we spend endless time developing. Since we have to deal with bans, if someone told me that I’ll be able to use my shiny new champion in war once every 3 months I’ll probably think twice about ranking up that champion.

Being able to use him every 3 months or never I’ll take every 3 months.

The ideas you mention don’t work because you can’t fairly apply them to alliances
    Why can’t they be fair? If my alliance wants to ban human torch for the first 6 wars then not for the final 6 wars that has no impact on the other alliances choosing their bans. If there was a cooldown of 72hrs for banning a champion then everyone would have to deal with it and be strategically banning. It’s as fair as the blacklist. I don’t see your point of how it wouldn’t be fair.
  • Options
    Jaded said:

Zan0 said:

Jaded said:

The ideas you mention don’t work because you can’t fairly apply them to alliances
    Why can’t they be fair? If my alliance wants to ban human torch for the first 6 wars then not for the final 6 wars that has no impact on the other alliances choosing their bans. If there was a cooldown of 72hrs for banning a champion then everyone would have to deal with it and be strategically banning. It’s as fair as the blacklist. I don’t see your point of how it wouldn’t be fair.
    One alliance could face 12/12 torch bans, one alliance could face 0/12.

Adding more RNG to the mode doesn’t seem to add to the fairness to me.

With whitelist/blacklist at least we all have level playing fields.
  • Options

Jaded said:

Zan0 said:

Jaded said:

Okay I can see but it would be more rng.

Then I would continue to remove bans completely and add in global nodes that neuter attackers like human torch. Awhile back when blade was crazy in war kabam did a bleed immune node. That obviously isn’t as impactful against blade but it was something. It would take a lot of creativity but it would still allowed people to use their roster at their disposal even if a few attackers were severely hurt by the global node.
  • Options
    Mother_FlerkenMother_Flerken Posts: 508 ★★★
    Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Zan0 said:

Jaded said:

Then I would continue to remove bans completely and add in global nodes that neuter attackers like human torch. Awhile back when blade was crazy in war kabam did a bleed immune node. That obviously isn’t as impactful against blade but it was something. It would take a lot of creativity but it would still allowed people to use their roster at their disposal even if a few attackers were severely hurt by the global node.
    You don't remember when they tried that with true focus... part of the reason we now have bans haha
  • Options
    Mattyy said:

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Zan0 said:

Jaded said:

You don't remember when they tried that with true focus... part of the reason we now have bans haha
    True focus was an lazy attempt, it would have to be more creativity then that. That being said tho, it didn’t stop people from bringing champions it effected. It also took more skill to use those champions with that node.
  • Options
    Mother_FlerkenMother_Flerken Posts: 508 ★★★
    Jaded said:

Mattyy said:

Jaded said:

Jaded said:

Zan0 said:

Jaded said:

True focus was an lazy attempt, it would have to be more creativity then that. That being said tho, it didn’t stop people from bringing champions it effected. It also took more skill to use those champions with that node.
    Well there's the thing, do you really want to trust kabam to attempt that again 😉

I'll happily take being able to use torch every third season (that's a full season not just once every 3 months) and having some sort of control over bans rather than trust kabam to not sh*t the bed with some global / nodes.
  • Options
    PirateJonPirateJon Posts: 82
    Don’t like increased number of bans to 5
  • Options
    Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 773 ★★★

My main concern with the blacklist is how is the "most banned" champ determined. Will the two for expert be the most banned in those tiers or will the list just be made from the most banned across the expert and challenger map?

Both groups run different tactics so I'm hoping that each group has its own list.

The latter
    So the fact that this coming season the new tactic won't be in expert, and sparsely used in challenger one set of bans will be determined. Then next season, it will rotate, and a different set of tactics for challenger, and a different tactic for expert will be used, meaning the data won't actually be meaningful.

Makes no sense.
  • Options
    BeeweeBeewee Posts: 533 ★★★★
    Really don’t care for the blacklist and whitelist because its going to make one season insanely hard with 5 options being banned at a time with the two blacklisted champs in those 5 being torch and ghost. Then the next season will be insanely easy because now torch and ghost are white listed and its basically impossible to stop them even if you try a specific defense.