Options

Allow me to introduce myself, I'm Kabam Jax

Comments

• Options
    SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,185 ★★★★
    Slightly side topic, as you are/ were a content creator it would be good to see some of your work. Will give an insight into what areas you focussed on. Also if the content was mcoc it would be good to see what stage player you are assuming its video content... appreciate content creator could also mean writing a travel blog.
  • Options
    Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★

Rohit_316 said:

Welcome Jax . A community manager should be open to all discussions and give continuous updates to the community if something is not right.

Here's hoping you will be that guy finally who will be our Guardian Angel.

A community manager has many duties, and while we strive to keep Conversations and written communication to a maximum, it is not our only role. I'm not saying don't expect communication, but please don't put undue expectations on the role.

For many games, Community Managers don't ever post in Forums/Reddit. I don't like doing things that way, but there are lots of things that a CM can and will do.
    I think it's good that you're clarifying this, I have seen several comments on this thread where people basically want the guy to be how they want them to be, and not how they are supposed to be. I find like the "You should do ..." comments quite infuriating
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,160 ★★★★★
    SandeepS said:

Slightly side topic, as you are/ were a content creator it would be good to see some of your work. Will give an insight into what areas you focussed on. Also if the content was mcoc it would be good to see what stage player you are assuming its video content... appreciate content creator could also mean writing a travel blog.

He said he never played MCOC before....
  • Options
    Xnmfjx_13Xnmfjx_13 Posts: 16
    Welcome to the team @Kabam Jax, did your name come from Mortal Kombat?
  • Options
    LorddrewLorddrew Posts: 297 ★★
    Welcome, hopefully you can help Kabam with insights on players overal gaming experience, and ofcourse congrats on the job position!
  • Options
    RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,820 ★★★★★

Rohit_316 said:

Welcome Jax . A community manager should be open to all discussions and give continuous updates to the community if something is not right.

Here's hoping you will be that guy finally who will be our Guardian Angel.

A community manager has many duties, and while we strive to keep Conversations and written communication to a maximum, it is not our only role. I'm not saying don't expect communication, but please don't put undue expectations on the role.

For many games, Community Managers don't ever post in Forums/Reddit. I don't like doing things that way, but there are lots of things that a CM can and will do.

@Kabam Miike loves his job so much he took it personally.

Also, welcome @Kabam Jax - hope you find the fountain of insight deep within the wells of these forums. Good luck!
  • Options
    Wildblue333Wildblue333 Posts: 403 ★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Hello Everyone!

My name is Jax and I am the newest community manager with Marvel Contest of Champions! I am unbelievably excited to be here and to be a part of the team. I’m a lifelong gamer, a passionate content creator and a huge advocate for positive, inclusive communities.

Internally, the team working on MCoC has sung the praises of this community. They’ve told me, and from what I’ve seen already, you are a passionate and vocal group! My goals are simple: to have a positive impact on this community while nurturing communication and (where possible) transparency between the team working on MCoC and the fans playing it! For all of you, that means keeping passion and excitement high while ensuring that energy manifests in a positive way.

I’d love to hear how long you’ve been playing MCoC, who your favourite champion is and what keeps you coming back?

Looking forward to this new adventure,

Jax
    <3

PS, I cannot fix the input issues, though I wish I could. ;) </p>

Just as long as you had something to do with fixing the early access bundles, That's all I want
  • Options
    SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,393 ★★★★★
    Have a good vacation, Miike!
  • Options
    TripleDzFinestTripleDzFinest Posts: 9
    Welcome Jax
  • Options
    jondark86jondark86 Posts: 108 ★★
    Hello, I really hope a more active interaction from you with the amount of unanswered demands that we have in general. I take advantage of the instance to ask about the promised incentives to those of us who have obtained the Paragon title. Since it was announced to date we have not received any special offers for Paragon. Do you have any information about it?

Kabam Jax said:

Hello Everyone!

My name is Jax and I am the newest community manager with Marvel Contest of Champions! I am unbelievably excited to be here and to be a part of the team. I’m a lifelong gamer, a passionate content creator and a huge advocate for positive, inclusive communities.

Internally, the team working on MCoC has sung the praises of this community. They’ve told me, and from what I’ve seen already, you are a passionate and vocal group! My goals are simple: to have a positive impact on this community while nurturing communication and (where possible) transparency between the team working on MCoC and the fans playing it! For all of you, that means keeping passion and excitement high while ensuring that energy manifests in a positive way.

I’d love to hear how long you’ve been playing MCoC, who your favourite champion is and what keeps you coming back?

Jax
    <3

• Options
    jondark86jondark86 Posts: 108 ★★

“Unanswered demands”? Bro what? If you are waiting for progression based offers, at least give the **brand new title** until July 4th offers to complain

Unanswered demands:

Here are some:

- No more weekly compensation while the game is getting worse everyday
    - They did announce final compensation, no date… But this means the game is fixed ?
    - Paragon, they promise enhanced offers but nothing yet. What happen ?
    - End-gamers, There is no agenda for us, as we are the ones who grew this game from day 1.

@Kabam Miike @kabam Jax
  • Options
    magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,018 ★★★★★
    jondark86 said:

Hello, I really hope a more active interaction from you with the amount of unanswered demands that we have in general. I take advantage of the instance to ask about the promised incentives to those of us who have obtained the Paragon title. Since it was announced to date we have not received any special offers for Paragon. Do you have any information about it?

Kabam Jax said:

Hello Everyone!

Jax
    <3

July 4th, Cyber weekend
  • Options
    jondark86 said:

“Unanswered demands”? Bro what? If you are waiting for progression based offers, at least give the **brand new title** until July 4th offers to complain

Unanswered demands:

Here are some:

- No more weekly compensation while the game is getting worse everyday
    - They did announce final compensation, no date… But this means the game is fixed ?
    - Paragon, they promise enhanced offers but nothing yet. What happen ?
    - End-gamers, There is no agenda for us, as we are the ones who grew this game from day 1.

1. They said they are re-evaluating the weekly comp.
    2. They've acknowledged the game isn't fixed, which is why they're releasing hotfixes for a few of the issues today.
    3. They didn't say when or what offers. We've only had the title for like a month and half? We didn't get immediate Thronebreaker offers either.
    4. EoP is literally designed for endgame players.
  • Options
    Chief_primeChief_prime Posts: 70 ★★
    Kabam Jax FTW!! Loving the way you interact with us so far! The care and attention above all. Making things move in the right direction too.

Kabam Zero and you are rockstars in my book. Unashamedly I vote Kabam Jax for pres 😁🤗
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,095 ★★★★★
    edited June 2022
    Searmenis said:

Azdef said:

TheKiryu said:

TheKiryu said:

TheKiryu said:

TheKiryu said:

So is it too early to start campaining for @kabam Jax to take over as head community manager?

Probably.

But needless to say, i normally dont make posts like this, how ever first impressions tell me Jax is head above the rest of the community team.

So keep it up!

Why? Because he hasn't told you what you don't want to hear yet? Because it's only been a couple of weeks and he's had limited interactions?

$10 says the first mistake made or if you don't get an answer you want, you'll rag on him as well.
    Hope you are happier in life than you appear on forums.
    Happier knowing I've never helped players cheat by merc'ing in MCOC.
    One arrow in the quiver and its already dull.

Also quite sad way to find some sort of self validation. But as long as it works for you.

Keep inserting yourself in every conversation trying to exert some sort of weird forum flex.

Maybe i am all you think i am and worse, maybe not. But nothing about me changes who YOU are, and whatever it is, probably needs some professional help.

Have a nice day.
    It's pretty hypocritical, for someone who helped cheat the game for people to get better rewards, to tell someone else they're "bad at their job" like you did with Miike. You couldn't do what he does with half the class he has and what he has delt with constantly on the forums.

You somehow broke several game ToS rules and were never banned.and you come on here acting like Miike is the worst CM anyone's ever seen.

But yes, I'm the one needing professional help.
    He and you might be the most amazing and virtuous people in the world. And i might the worst human beeing ever given birth.

None of that is relevant whether you or i are good at what we are employed to do.

Last i checked i have never been employed by kabam. So at this point you are just reaching in a lukewarm attempt to say something nasty to me.

Also whether i could or could not do that job has nothing to do whether he is good at his job. For example i could never be an NBA player, but if one plays horribly(albeit better than i ever could), does not disqualify me from saying that the player is playing horribly.

So yeah, i do in fact think with twisted logic displayed above, you could do with some help.
    Your view of a good CM is that they tell you everything you want to hear when you want to hear it and in a "pleasant" tone. So because Miike doesn't release info when you want it, has some sarcastic answers here and there and hasn't "performed" the way you'd prefer, he's a bad employee.

Your impression of Jax is based off just a few comments he's made so far, which are nearly identical to things Miike has said in same and or different threads. But again, like I said before, the minute Jax does something you deem not "CM" like, you'll treat him how you treat Miike.

The only reason you hold Miike to the fire is that he won't give you the info you want and can't fix all your problems the way you'd like it to be fixed.

Basically you're saying no MOD can have a personality unless it's strictly being nice to you.
    Dude, take it easy. It's was a harmless comment by KT . Read it and move on. If you don't like him then don't read it.
    Stop the freakin negativity!
    Pretty sure the negativity started when Miike was told he wasn’t good at his job in a welcoming thread to a new member of forum staff.
    Well, he isn't, but the whats-his-name could have let this one drop, since it was only an inuendo. I don't know what they teach kids in kindergarten these days...
    Could you honestly tell me that if you had this position and you had to deal with people 24/7 either complaining AT you or about you because you're not telling them information that you

A. Either you don't have.

or

B. They don't want to hear.

Being bombarded with that 24/7, could you really say that afterwards you would be a walking bag of sunshine afterwards and not just get to a point where you're just like kind of dead inside.
  • Options
    SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★

Searmenis said:

Azdef said:

TheKiryu said:

TheKiryu said:

TheKiryu said:

TheKiryu said:

So is it too early to start campaining for @kabam Jax to take over as head community manager?

Probably.

But needless to say, i normally dont make posts like this, how ever first impressions tell me Jax is head above the rest of the community team.

So keep it up!

Why? Because he hasn't told you what you don't want to hear yet? Because it's only been a couple of weeks and he's had limited interactions?

$10 says the first mistake made or if you don't get an answer you want, you'll rag on him as well.

Also quite sad way to find some sort of self validation. But as long as it works for you.

Keep inserting yourself in every conversation trying to exert some sort of weird forum flex.

Maybe i am all you think i am and worse, maybe not. But nothing about me changes who YOU are, and whatever it is, probably needs some professional help.

Have a nice day.
    It's pretty hypocritical, for someone who helped cheat the game for people to get better rewards, to tell someone else they're "bad at their job" like you did with Miike. You couldn't do what he does with half the class he has and what he has delt with constantly on the forums.

You somehow broke several game ToS rules and were never banned.and you come on here acting like Miike is the worst CM anyone's ever seen.

He and you might be the most amazing and virtuous people in the world. And i might the worst human beeing ever given birth.

None of that is relevant whether you or i are good at what we are employed to do.

Last i checked i have never been employed by kabam. So at this point you are just reaching in a lukewarm attempt to say something nasty to me.

Also whether i could or could not do that job has nothing to do whether he is good at his job. For example i could never be an NBA player, but if one plays horribly(albeit better than i ever could), does not disqualify me from saying that the player is playing horribly.

So yeah, i do in fact think with twisted logic displayed above, you could do with some help.
    Your view of a good CM is that they tell you everything you want to hear when you want to hear it and in a "pleasant" tone. So because Miike doesn't release info when you want it, has some sarcastic answers here and there and hasn't "performed" the way you'd prefer, he's a bad employee.

Your impression of Jax is based off just a few comments he's made so far, which are nearly identical to things Miike has said in same and or different threads. But again, like I said before, the minute Jax does something you deem not "CM" like, you'll treat him how you treat Miike.

The only reason you hold Miike to the fire is that he won't give you the info you want and can't fix all your problems the way you'd like it to be fixed.

Basically you're saying no MOD can have a personality unless it's strictly being nice to you.
    Dude, take it easy. It's was a harmless comment by KT . Read it and move on. If you don't like him then don't read it.
    Pretty sure the negativity started when Miike was told he wasn’t good at his job in a welcoming thread to a new member of forum staff.
    Well, he isn't, but the whats-his-name could have let this one drop, since it was only an inuendo. I don't know what they teach kids in kindergarten these days...
    Could you honestly tell me that if you had this position and you had to deal with people 24/7 either complaining AT you or about you because you're not telling them information that you

A. Either you don't have.

or

B. They don't want to hear.

Being bombarded with that 24/7, could you really say that afterwards you would be a walking bag of sunshine afterwards and not just get to a point where you're just like kind of dead inside.
    I wasn't having this in mind when I was writing my reply, but mostly behaviour things. In my personal view, he was bad at many things. But that's not a reason for personal attacks afterwards from whats-his-name like he owns the game or something.
  • Options
    SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★

Searmenis said:

Azdef said:

TheKiryu said:

TheKiryu said:

TheKiryu said:

TheKiryu said:

Probably.

So keep it up!

Have a nice day.

I think Miike's jokey comments brought a lighter side to the forum and made him seem human rather than a corporate robot just telling you an official answer. I have a feeling that people who don't think he did a good job just didn't like hearing the bad news that Miike sometimes had to give. Sometimes there's no way of packaging bad news in a way people will like. Miike is the manifestation of the phrase "Don't shoot the messenger".

But I don't want to have a debate about this on a welcoming thread for Jax. The point is, this is a thread welcoming a new employee. There is no call for anyone bringing negativity into it, why can't people just leave their put-downs out of it for a thread? KT mentioned Jax's first impression being good, but is this the first impression we want to give Jax? "Hi Jax, you seem great! Hope you're better than Miike who was rubbish" doesn't seem to get across a great first impression.
    Agreed, but when there's a replacement in a position that's been a status for some time, and people had issues with the former one, it's inevitable to have a comparison. Jax is quite friendly so far, and enjoyable, and he gives the impression he cares about communities concerns etc, and that's an excellent start in my book.
  • Options
    Searmenis said:

Searmenis said:

Azdef said:

TheKiryu said:

TheKiryu said:

TheKiryu said:

TheKiryu said:

Probably.

So keep it up!

Have a nice day.

I think Miike's jokey comments brought a lighter side to the forum and made him seem human rather than a corporate robot just telling you an official answer. I have a feeling that people who don't think he did a good job just didn't like hearing the bad news that Miike sometimes had to give. Sometimes there's no way of packaging bad news in a way people will like. Miike is the manifestation of the phrase "Don't shoot the messenger".

But I don't want to have a debate about this on a welcoming thread for Jax. The point is, this is a thread welcoming a new employee. There is no call for anyone bringing negativity into it, why can't people just leave their put-downs out of it for a thread? KT mentioned Jax's first impression being good, but is this the first impression we want to give Jax? "Hi Jax, you seem great! Hope you're better than Miike who was rubbish" doesn't seem to get across a great first impression.
    Agreed, but when there's a replacement in a position that's been a status for some time, and people had issues with the former one, it's inevitable to have a comparison. Jax is quite friendly so far, and enjoyable, and he gives the impression he cares about communities concerns etc, and that's an excellent start in my book.
    Jax didn't replace Miike, he replace Boo. She moved to a different position at Kabam. Miike and Jax are both community managers. Like Miike and Ad0ra we're before Boo.