**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

KABAM, MAKE THIS GAME FUN FOR CASUAL PLAYERS

Comments

• SupremeWarlordSupremeWarlord Posts: 293
    I simply want to be able to get in a decent amount of fights when I have a free hour here or there, but instead I am held hostage unless I pay a fee of some sort. Not fun.
  • wookehwookeh Posts: 147 ★★
    wookeh wrote: »
    If everything were free, you'd be demanding some fairness still. Because people like me with infinite extra time at work will simply run all the daily quests 90 times a day each. And when you face my 700k roster in war, you'll say it's unfair because I have more time than you do. This is why limits exist.

I never asked for everything to be free. Stop manipulating my words. It's a typical weak conservative tactic and I see right through you. I asked for quest energy and recharge to be removed or lowered for beginners. My biggest obstacle is time. If I could get in a decent amount of play in the time I have I would probably be happy and no, I wouldn't say it's unfair when I faced your 700K roster. I would say you've been playing longer than me, put in more time, and I wish I had your profile.

BTW, you're sitting here talking about how hard you work and then you admit to running quests all day at work? That's amusing.

I run my own machine shop. So most of the day I'm babysitting machines and have lots of time on my hands. This is why I said my extra time would give me an advantage if energy was free.

Not twisting your words. You just repeated it. You want energy to be free. That would break the game.

Yes, energy. For some people. Not everything. I never said I wanted everything to be free, those are your words, not mine.

And as I stated, free energy would break the game. For some people? Who decides who gets the handout while everyone else works for it?
    If everything were free, you'd be demanding some fairness still. Because people like me with infinite extra time at work will simply run all the daily quests 90 times a day each. And when you face my 700k roster in war, you'll say it's unfair because I have more time than you do. This is why limits exist.

I never asked for everything to be free. Stop manipulating my words. It's a typical weak conservative tactic and I see right through you. I asked for quest energy and recharge to be removed or lowered for beginners. My biggest obstacle is time. If I could get in a decent amount of play in the time I have I would probably be happy and no, I wouldn't say it's unfair when I faced your 700K roster. I would say you've been playing longer than me, put in more time, and I wish I had your profile.

BTW, you're sitting here talking about how hard you work and then you admit to running quests all day at work? That's amusing.

I run my own machine shop. So most of the day I'm babysitting machines and have lots of time on my hands. This is why I said my extra time would give me an advantage if energy was free.

Not twisting your words. You just repeated it. You want energy to be free. That would break the game.

Yes, energy. For some people. Not everything. I never said I wanted everything to be free, those are your words, not mine.

And as I stated, free energy would break the game. For some people? Who decides who gets the handout while everyone else works for it?

KABAM decides obviously, and if you read, the suggestion was for players with an account below a certain level or a below a certain base hero rating. I don't know what all you OP OGs are afraid of. A little competition?
  • I'm 44 & I absolutely LOVE All of Marvel's movies, games, comics & DISNEYLAND too. I am a father of 4 girls & they also have been brought up on Marvel, StarWars, Disneyland. My wife is supportive but finding play time daily becomes a Grind & putting up a quality team, Rank ups, Gold becomes the biggest drawback. The arena grind to get BC and then, open them up to get Gold & Units is a Never ending battle.
    Sungj wrote: »
    Really, you're 37 years old and a father and you resort to childish insults when people respond pretty justifiably to a fairly ridiculous post. First off, the energy caps and arena timers are not just a cash grab its how all games work to make sure their player base is sustainable. Secondly, this is a public post so your message is not just for kabam it is for the whole community to critique so if you can't handle that criticism you shouldn't have posted in the first place.

Now onto a few of your more specific comments; you say video games are made just for children and man children who never left their mom's basement. Now isn't that widely hypocritical when your entire post is about kabam adjusting a video game so you can play it more comfortably and more often, does that not make you the child according to your own comments. All the hate you seem to be getting, to me is pretty justifiable because like someone on here already said, you have a very bad attitude. The first comment on here that looks to have set you off was a mere, "you lost me at I understand." Yes, perhaps a condescending question but considering the scale of the changes you are suggesting there are bound to be people who don't really see your logic and that is most likely what he was saying with his post, that he doesn't see a proper justification. Then you go on to call him a simpleton, that he has "limitations and even to kill himself, as a father does that seem like something a mature adult would do or something one of your children would say to a classmate in school over some immature non-important tiff. Your level of response to the commenters is not mirroring the level of negativity towards you so yes, you have a bad attitude that seems to be your fault, not the commentors.

The main problem here is that you are putting far too much personal weight to the negative comments you are receiving on this post. If you responded to all of them concisely and maturely I am positive you would get a more positive environment on this thread. Your whole spiel on people calling you a liberal, calling someone's argument a weak conservative tactic which if you studied politics would know manipulating words is a common strategy in the system of politics as a whole not just with the conservative party but I digress, insulting people and most simply just overblowing things out of proportion is making you look like a very immature person. On the internet, people love to get a reaction and immaturity quite often leads to the best reaction to their trolls so the fact that there are so many on here targetting you, perhaps says something about the way you have been conducting yourself on this thread

I respond to stupid comments with childish insults sometimes, yes. I actually said video games were created for children, which they were when the first video games were created. No adults were playing super mario back in the day and they damn sure weren't taking it so seriously and getting so butthurt over a suggested change to the game. I didn't read anything else that you wrote because it was probably just more of the same garbage. I'm rubber and you're glue.......
    Hey, I would rather a constructive conversation, but if people wanna be childish, I'm game. I didn't start it. There was nothing offensive in my original post and if you feel there was then that's your bad opinion and you are entitled to it.
    At least there's one sensible person here.
    ETURTLE73 wrote: »
    I'm 44 & I absolutely LOVE All of Marvel's movies, games, comics & DISNEYLAND too. I am a father of 4 girls & they also have been brought up on Marvel, StarWars, Disneyland. My wife is supportive but finding play time daily becomes a Grind & putting up a quality team, Rank ups, Gold becomes the biggest drawback. The arena grind to get BC and then, open them up to get Gold & Units is a Never ending battle.

4 girls?!? Man, you are heavily outnumbered by the females in your household, lol. I have 2 boys and 1 girl and my daughter is A HANDFUL.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    Super mario cannot be compared to this lol
    ArmandStar wrote: »
    i will say this. if someone attacks you, you should hit them back. do not just stand there and take the insults.
    people can call me immature, and they may be right that it's wrong to reply back, but i say it's also wrong to not reply and just stay there taking it.

Right. Sungj would rather I just sit there and take insults but that's just not me. Sungj believes I am "putting far too much personal weight to the negative comments" but that is his/her opinion. How much is too much? Yes I take their comments personally because they are unwarranted, unnecessary, unconstructive, and serve no purpose other than to provoke me, and they succeeded. People have different thresholds for BS and mine is very low. I have the spirit of a fighter in my blood so if you come at me I am going to come right back at you twice as hard.
    I would never seriously suggest that a person kill themselves, I wouldn't expect SpeedBump or anyone else to do anything I suggest, and I certainly would never teach my children to suggest people kill themselves or anything else negative for that matter. I am held in very high regard, my children are well behaved, I am frequently told that I am the best dad they know by those who know me personally. Yes, sometimes I do things that I would not want my children to do but I do not do it in front of them or try to teach them anything negative. Since almost no one agrees with me here all you can do is launch a personal attack on my character, which you know nothing about, so you draw assumptions. No one here has any real valid argument against my post except that they had to suffer so everyone else should too. And WHO'S SELFISH? And one guy says "free energy will break the game." Says who?
    Maybe I am immature but it doesn't make my original post any less valid. I can be mature when I need to be.
    Super mario cannot be compared to this lol

I am not comparing the 2 games so you obviously missed my point.
  • imnooneimnoone Posts: 316 ★★
    edited December 2017
    This isn't going anywhere.

When someone says I stopped at "I understand", OP gets butthurt and start shitting on people .. and when someone read ever single comment on this thread and reply , OP dismiss it and says "I stopped reading because it would be same garbage"

Let's just not entertain OP and his only supporter anymore and stop replying to this thread because it's just waste of all of our time and isn't going anywhere because 98% people on here agrees that there is nothing constructive coming out of this thread.

short version for people joining now ..

You agree with OP, get a pat on the back
    if you disagree, you get **** on ..

Done.
    I have no problem with disagreeing with me, if you have a valid point.
    I thought that this section of forums was to suggest improvements to the game, not to pass judgement on my character or my attitude. I never sh-- on anybody that didn't sh-- on me first.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★

Right. Sungj would rather I just sit there and take insults but that's just not me. Sungj believes I am "putting far too much personal weight to the negative comments" but that is his/her opinion. How much is too much? Yes I take their comments personally because they are unwarranted, unnecessary, unconstructive, and serve no purpose other than to provoke me, and they succeeded. People have different thresholds for BS and mine is very low. I have the spirit of a fighter in my blood so if you come at me I am going to come right back at you twice as hard.
    I would never seriously suggest that a person kill themselves, I wouldn't expect SpeedBump or anyone else to do anything I suggest, and I certainly would never teach my children to suggest people kill themselves or anything else negative for that matter. I am held in very high regard, my children are well behaved, I am frequently told that I am the best dad they know by those who know me personally. Yes, sometimes I do things that I would not want my children to do but I do not do it in front of them or try to teach them anything negative. Since almost no one agrees with me here all you can do is launch a personal attack on my character, which you know nothing about, so you draw assumptions. No one here has any real valid argument against my post except that they had to suffer so everyone else should too. And WHO'S SELFISH? And one guy says "free energy will break the game." Says who?
    Maybe I am immature but it doesn't make my original post any less valid. I can be mature when I need to be.

Umm, I never said to just take the insults, I specifically said that responding to them would be a positive thing if they were mature, please don't manipulate my words, that is a weak conservative tactic. I define too much personal weight when responses are taken out of proportion and aren't responded to in a clear logical manner. Being a fighter is great, it helps you survive but giving into it too much is an indicator of imbalance of logic vs primitive drive which again leads to immature and not very well thought out responses that will cause trolling to your posts. The sign of a mature adult is when you can push those impulsive reactions aside to act maturely. I never questioned your competency as a father or how you take care of your children, I merely was criticizing your behavior on this forum. My comment was not a personal attack on your character and if you read it thoroughly you would see that I do not insult you once the worst of it being me saying you have a bad attitude which was merely supported fact, I was completely constructive yet you called it garbage. You say you shot back because other people's comments were unwarranted, unnecessary and unconstructive but as I previously pointed out many of your responses have embodied those three traits. Of course, you didn't seriously mean for speedbump to kill himself but that doesn't take away from the unwarranted, unnecessary and unconstructive nature of your comment. Why are you getting upset at people if you are imitating that very behavior?

Now, this will be a constructive response to why having no energy costs and no arena limit will never happen in this game. First thing you have to realize is that kabam is business and one of the main reasons this game was created was to make money. Simply, the reason it won't happen is because it would cost them a good portion of their bottom line in the long run. It's not a great reason by any means but in the eyes of a business, it is the only factor that matters if it isn't something to fix something that is costing them more money. The reason this game like literally over 90% of mobile RPG's have an energy limit and timer is to make sure their player base is sustained for a long period of time. If people could speed through content at an accelerated rate there would be fewer circumstances where they would feel the need to spend money. You say it won't cost them much but that simply isn't true even just looking at it from a simple psychological perspective. People spend money on this game if they see it as a worthwhile investment, for the average person they are far more likely to spend money if they have played and enjoyed a game for 6 weeks vs 2 weeks because they see it as good value for the time spent. Now if there were no energy caps and arena timers for the people who have more time on their hands to play than you have which is most likely a large majority of new players would progress much much faster than they would have which means a lot less money for kabam from their newer player base. Peple aren't attacking your idea because it isn't a good idea for the players they are attacking it because it is incredibly unrealistic and for many people who have played this game for more than a year it has been evidently clear kabam is a company that is solely in for their bottom line rather community satisfaction so to them it is in a way annoying and for a lack of better words stupid( I feel like I have to specifically state, I am not calling you stupid or even your idea just how people in the community take to comments of this nature in gernal) when a thread like this comes up and they feel the need to point it out. Now that is fault on their ends I won't justify that but as one mature person to hopefully another, just try to keep in mind that like you said personal attacks are going to be met with personal attacks so just keep your responses mature because I would like to see this community be less negative and fighting negativity with more negativity is doing no good to aid that.

Okay, I'm done for today. This went as expected because I know forums is full of people who can't resist the opportunity to provoke someone or try to sound witty, like most comment sections on the internet, and I can't resist responding. SpeedBumps first comment set me off and I was ready to throw down at that point. I'm from New York. I am used to people finding me a bit abrasive. If you were looking for a fight you found the right guy. I only posted my honest opinion and an honest suggestion I'm sorry if you think it is a stupid suggestion or that I am a crybaby or looking for a handout. That is not the case. I'm sorry if people took it the wrong way or if it was in a tone that was not welcomed. But I do not apologize for my post. Perhaps I could have expressed myself differently.
    I want to thank ArmandStar, ETURTLE73, Star_Lord_, and spicysplicer, for commenting without being provocative or insulting, whether they agreed with me or not. I was not here to get people to agree with me or pat me on the back.
    I posted this for KABAM to see and for people to suggest other things that might help people like the way ArmandStar suggested 4 star crystals for level 10 and lower. Now I'm sure KABAM will probably not do what I suggested but there's always a chance and you never know until you try. Maybe not. Maybe they will delete my post or my whole account instead, who knows. But something has to be changed. I don't think everyone should be handed a full roster of maxed out 4 stars but they should at least have A CHANCE to advance in the game. Just a chance, that's all I am asking for, because right now alot of casual player, players with limited time, young players, etc., don't have one. Not a chance. It's not cool. Everyone should have a chance to play an AWESOME MARVEL mobile game and have it be fun. Maybe it's not so serious and competitive for everyone the way it is for you. Try to understand.
  • wookehwookeh Posts: 147 ★★
    You have no idea what a debate is if you seriously think that no one had any response other than to provoke or attack you.

Several have pointed out why there is an energy system in place. If you choose to ignore the facts being explained to you and call it personal provocation then that's your issue. The rest of us take the time to read the long responses and a what people are trying to explain
  • MH2804MH2804 Posts: 77
    @Kabam Miike can you close this thread? It’s not constructive. It’s just an unnessasry rant. Thanks.
  • RustRust Posts: 30
    @SupremeWarlord i don't have much time either but i found out that it doesn't take much to have fun. It took like 10 min to finish my aq path and 10 to finish my aw path per login. the quest took at most 30 min to use up all my 60 energy. then you can wait 6 hours before logging in again
  • DHCVoLtDHCVoLt Posts: 266
    DHCVoLt wrote: »
    I have school and work yet I can still do map 6.

Congratulations.

Thanks. If I have all that and can still hit 7 mil in basic arenas I think you’re just unmotivated, not unable
  • SpeedbumpSpeedbump Posts: 1,520 ★★★
    Why'd it die? keep it going I like it...
  • Xthea9Xthea9 Posts: 829 ★★
    Oh boy ..... 😂😂😂😂
  • Vossler77Vossler77 Posts: 683 ★★
    Im so confused. You post here you get angry etc etc etc. You won't write to the approriate people in charge. This is a public forum.... btw the fact that you take the time to answer the folks who answered you in a way you did not appreciate makes me understand your level of intelligence. Carry on with your day. Your requests are futile.
  • Nexus_UY_ScutiNexus_UY_Scuti Posts: 480 ★★
    So you are a casual players, but want unlimited amount of energy so that u can grind the game content?

Cool story bro.
This discussion has been closed.