**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

News Battlegrounds is worse for me

ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★
The matchmaking is much worse - I get matched against people with full r3 and r4 rosters when I have only 4 r3. Only BG matchmaking was more balanced, sometimes the opponent is stronger, sometimes weaker, sometimes the same. Since the start of this one I don't think I have faced a fair match more than 3 times. Always significantly stronger opponents.

Time - I hate the reduced fight time.
Now any fight that doesn't end in the first sp1 and sp2 is almost guaranteed to be a time out. Sp3? Get real. Previously I could actually use Sym, throw sp3's and still win. Now my Corvus barely manages to win.
The decision to start the time from the loading screen also eats up the fight time especially for those on low end devices with long load times. My time is usually 59 seconds from fight start. Why can't the time start at fight start like every other game mode?

All of this combined means I find myself timing out majority of the time and losing most of the fights. I don't enjoy BG anymore, it's just frustrating.

Is this a me only problem or is there someone else experiencing it?

Comments

• GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    Reduced health pools and timers are a huge L for those who don’t run suicides.
    If one of the two competitors runs suicides, then it’s a win before the match even starts.
    As it is now, suicide masteries are a must for Battlegrounds.
    It’s a pity a whole mode being dictated by a mastery setup, which currently at bgs has no downside in using.
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★

The matchmaking will sort itself out as the better rosters move up the leaderboard.

Agree on the reduced time. Not sure what the intent was for this change. When they add nodes back to BG, fights will take longer and this timer will really stink.

When they sent out the survey after the first one, I actually thought the time was a little short at times. I don't know how many people who said otherwise to warrant this decision.

When an r3 Corvus struggles to win a fight against a decent AI with no nodes then there's a problem. It significantly disadvantages people who don't run suicides.
    Previously suicides didn't worry me but now when I see my opponent is running them, I know I will most likely lose .
  • BeeweeBeewee Posts: 533 ★★★★
    Problem is the top of the leaderboard is struggling to move due to the modders blocking the players
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★
    Just lost 5 matches in a row. All against people with massive rosters.

I love this "Improved matchmaking algorithm"
  • HolyDirkness41HolyDirkness41 Posts: 85
    I’m not enjoying this version of BG near as much as the previous version. Takes the skill aspect out and most the time whoever has the better roster wins.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    The reduction in time makes it a zurg fest. If you have CGR and can armour break you win. It’s pure speed with the main consideration now being bursting rather than a clean fight
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    Yeah need suicides to compete in this version
  • PaoloBittaPaoloBitta Posts: 4
    If one of the players finds Torch/CGR and the other doesn't, autowin.
    If the AI is a bit passive for 5-6 seconds, you lose.
    Dunno what did they want to achieve with the time reduction, but it kinda sucks, 0 skills, all about the time
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,739 ★★★★★
    edited July 2022
    I have been enjoying the brisker pace of BG this week, but I think the lower health pool should essentially be a rotating node just like every other. There's nothing wrong with having a week where quick and bursty champions dominate the mode just like DOT champions dominated the Safeguard week last time around, but I think it would be a mistake for this to be the health pool going forward regardless of nodes. The longer a fight goes on, the more opportunity there is to mess something up. Therefore, perfect fights become much more impressive the longer they went on since that's an indication that the player was at the top of their game for a long time (relatively speaking). I found the higher health pool in previous betas to allow the difference in skill to show better.

That said, it did successfully cut down the waiting times in the lobby when your opponent was really slow (or you died very quickly). I really disliked that aspect of the previous iteration of BG, and that problem was solved by the lowered health pools. So I'm a little unsure about how to feel.

That said, I haven't experienced the other problems. I haven't had any more issues with completing fights in time than before, and I've actually found that the matchmaking is better this time around. Not saying they aren't problems, just that they aren't problems that I've personally faced.