**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Alliance War, Defender kills should be brought back!

I've lost 3 wars because of this, bosses are a way of winning war, but whats the point of having one if each member will revive his team about 10 times slowly chipping away his hp. Where is the "competition" if you are just going to kill each boss every single time? For us, newer allies who arent as organised and cant always do 100% explore on every bg, we rely alot on bosses. It should be skill based not whoever has the most items.
Down is our last war boss kill count, we've even had 60+!
sz7nf20mg4me.png

Comments

• SpeedbumpSpeedbump Posts: 1,520 ★★★
    Sweet! Another post about bring back Def kills!
  • Having plenty of troubles in wars lately and this defenders kills should be brought back asap !!!
  • GreatScottGreatScott Posts: 106
    I couldn't agree more. Wars always come down now to exploration all it takes is 1 member not participating to cause a loss in the war. in some cases down to defender diversity. It's frustrating our group used to have a much higher war rating and has dropped in half due to these changes.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,248 ★★★★★
    I’m very very sure you’ll not get 48 kills if defender kills are brought back. Maybe 5 or 6.
  • Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    Defender kills should be brought back!

Under the current nodes?? You're crazy. Kabam needs to remove Buffet/Masochism/Bane/Flare, etc...before they give us defender nodes back. Otherwise it will be much worse than 14.0 ever was.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    Personally my alliance have dropped from
    Tier3 to tier 8 we hate it, because our motto always was aq focus and don't make people Revive for war, the higher tiers solid non diverse defense was a viable option (won about 40%) but once we hit tier 5 it became a joke, when you can see The defenders you can plan ahead and we are seeing revives like this quite a bit but tbh the nodes in tier 6 and 7 are far too easy, we haven't seen an alliance under 9m there for weeks apart from a couple who obviously sold 2/3*s, we have changed to diversity now but one mistake in diversity and the war is over before we start. We would all just not play war, im struggling to fill 2 bgs now except... map 5 costs loyalty
  • WARICK99WARICK99 Posts: 44
    Couldn’t agree more. War is now completely spend to win. My alliance has consistently been beaten by heavy spending alliances because of this. Losing because of a few defender diversity points when our competitors literally have 3 times the deaths is not fun at all. It’s just plain stupid. We weren’t beaten by these alliances in a game of skill, we were in effect beaten by Kabam. We’ve lost 6 people over 2 months in our alliance because of this, and I’ll be the 7th. Every one of us 2 year plus veterans in a 13+ mil rated alliance. War used to be my absolute favorite part of this game, but I’m actually done in. Taking an extended break until it’s fixed. If it doesn’t get fixed, I won’t be back in an alliance. I might run quests, but we’ll see how long this game can keep my interest without any sort of real competitive aspect.
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    They should definitely be brought back. Diversity helps to counter them at this point anyway. Two warring alliances could have different strategies, one could go diversity and the other could go power. The diversity group will almost always give away more kills since they are facing a stronger defense, and under current rules they will always win with 100%

If kills were brought back it would allow the team who gambles with a strong defense hoping to get stops when guys get ko'd and don't want to spend. Right now the strategy for winning is just boosted diversity and hope it's enough. There is no way to work around this.

They added map 6 for lower alliances to leapfrog higher prestige ones in aq, they need a similar mechanic in war, which would be defender kills. They could even offer options in matchmaking. I bet more would go with that option than without.