Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

battlegrounds sucks!!!

StrategicStrategic Posts: 632 ★★★
edited November 2022 in General Discussion
I used to love BGs! It was the best and possibly only good part of MCOC recently.
But now with shorter timers and no nodes and the new stupid scoring system it's a matter of who has the biggest roster! No skill involved.

I'm thronebreaker with a decent roster and I'm F2P and been playing for 7 years and 100% act 7 so I do have some skill.
But this BGs week is just complete BS!!! No skill involved when you're up against P2W players with a all the possible R4s this game can offer against my mostly R2s and a bunch of R3s and 1 R4! Not much I can do to compete against the newest champs all awakened at R4!

I'm super pissed off and completely think about quitting playing BGs altogether. Wasting my time and energy on a win every 3 or 4 fights for nothing!

Also, haven't seen anyone complaining about how the "next round screen" animation taking like 5 seconds of your 15 seconds timer when it's your turn to place. Is it just me?
Also, Why do we need to waste 15 seconds on each post fight screen to see how bad we got our butts kicked and 15 seconds at the end of the match to show us that we lost for 15 seconds with no option to skip the screen???

This game has become completely frustrating and starting to think maybe it's time to retire completely...

Now to wait and see if this gets shut down, ignored or laughed at by trolls...
Post edited by Kabam Jax on

Comments

• Options
    PupkacPupkac Posts: 75
    Well, this Is beta, removing nodes And life Is step back. Now IT IS ONLY question od match up. Got CGR And toch? U won. No News baiting oř strategy, JUST kill them in 15secs... So bad chances, but Hope they Will revert back
  • Options
    GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,924 ★★★★★
    Pupkac said:

Well, this Is beta, removing nodes And life Is step back. Now IT IS ONLY question od match up. Got CGR And toch? U won. No News baiting oř strategy, JUST kill them in 15secs... So bad chances, but Hope they Will revert back

That’s why the banning system exists. Only problem is that much like war you always ban the same champs
  • Options
    Ladpcw78Ladpcw78 Posts: 69
    It doesn’t suck completely. I’ve completed all content so have energy to use up. And so winning, and just playing battlegrounds, gives me battleground tokens to spend. Not a ground breaking store but something to work to.

I agree there’s a lot that needs work but it’s fun for what it is. But that’s from a player who’s not saving their energy .. though might for revives/potions for next few EOP fight
  • Options
    Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 771 ★★★
    Adding in a mode where you can fight your friends/alliance mates, and choose some of the settings (fight duration, choice of nodes, etc.) would save this format. Otherwise... its just going to be more frustration with cheaters getting the ranked rewards pushing others out.

If it were as simple as: 100+ points = tier 1 rewards, 200+ points = tier 2 rewards, etc. up to say 600 points... then at least you won't get 1004th place with 100 cheaters ahead of you.
  • Options
    ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★

Adding in a mode where you can fight your friends/alliance mates, and choose some of the settings (fight duration, choice of nodes, etc.) would save this format. Otherwise... its just going to be more frustration with cheaters getting the ranked rewards pushing others out.

If it were as simple as: 100+ points = tier 1 rewards, 200+ points = tier 2 rewards, etc. up to say 600 points... then at least you won't get 1004th place with 100 cheaters ahead of you.

Having a mode like you stated would be nice, but results can't be part of the total standing and rankings. If it is, many people (to include myself) will just fight our minis on quickest match play options racking up easy wins for easy ranking points.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,097 ★★★★★

Strategic said:

I used to love BGs! It was the best and possibly only good part of MCOC recently.
    But now with shorter timers and no nodes and the new stupid scoring system it's a matter of who has the biggest roster! No skill involved.

I'm thronebreaker with a decent roster and I'm F2P and been playing for 7 years and 100% act 7 so I do have some skill.
    But this BGs week is just complete BS!!! No skill involved when you're up against P2W players with a all the possible R4s this game can offer against my mostly R2s and a bunch of R3s and 1 R4! Not much I can do to compete against the newest champs all awakened at R4!

I'm super pissed off and completely think about quitting playing BGs altogether. Wasting my time and energy on a win every 3 or 4 fights for nothing!

Also, haven't seen anyone complaining about how the "next round screen" animation taking like 5 seconds of your 15 seconds timer when it's your turn to place. Is it just me?
    Also, Why do we need to waste 15 seconds on each post fight screen to see how bad we got our butts kicked and 15 seconds at the end of the match to show us that we lost for 15 seconds with no option to skip the screen???

This game has become completely frustrating and starting to think maybe it's time to retire completely...

So...... You say you're skilled for doing act 7 100% with the roster you mentioned which have defenders from 250k to over 400k health and nodes way worse than BGs but struggle with BGs against r4s with 1 node and less than 200k health.

Huh..
    theres a really short timer in battlegrounds, id be willing to bet thats what he means as its hard to take some rank 4s down in the time limit given with for example 5 star champs
    Then use debuff champs. Bleed, shock etc...
  • Options
    JeancrbJeancrb Posts: 181 ★★
    I do think this is the most skilled base part of the game. Being a whale doesn't mean you are skilled. I'm a F2P with no r4 and like 12 r3 but I still managed to reach top 1500 worldwide.
    And as people said before, it's a Beta. I don't think there will be no-node week in the final version, and the fight time will probably be increased.
  • Options
    JhonST33JhonST33 Posts: 499 ★★★
    Strategic said:

I have been facing a long loading screen, several times my fights began below of a minute. Is sorprising that anybody are talking about this.

• Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,097 ★★★★★
    Chikel said:

Strategic said:

So...... You say you're skilled for doing act 7 100% with the roster you mentioned which have defenders from 250k to over 400k health and nodes way worse than BGs but struggle with BGs against r4s with 1 node and less than 200k health.

Huh..
    theres a really short timer in battlegrounds, id be willing to bet thats what he means as its hard to take some rank 4s down in the time limit given with for example 5 star champs
    Then use debuff champs. Bleed, shock etc...
    I don't think you have played battlegrounds
    I'm sure you're right.
  • Options
    GuytennisGuytennis Posts: 420 ★★★
    Strategic said:

May I suggest skipping BG entirely? That’s what I’ve done and have found the game way more enjoyable.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    It sucks without nodes rn. It comes down to a lot of rng. Did you get that debuff? Didn’t crit enough? Did the AI hold onto its special too long?

While that all plays a role with a global node at least there is a constant that effects both players equally. My last 15 matches I’ve won 4 but the other 11 all had fights that could have swung either way with no glaring mistakes or bad matchups made. But I don’t mind kabam trying different ways to impact battlegrounds.
  • Options
    MattstafariMattstafari Posts: 688 ★★★
    I think if there was a champ tier selector that would be pretty cool.

3*/4*/5* champs only, that would give us something to use our lower tiered champs on and open it up to a much wider player base.
  • Options
    zaspacerzaspacer Posts: 115
    Strategic said:

Not much I can do to compete against the newest champs all awakened at R4!

Wasting my time and energy on a win every 3 or 4 fights for nothing!

You can do Battlegrounds one of two ways:
    1) play it
    2) farm it

If you don't enjoy playing the mode, just farm it for what you want and move on. Just like all content in MCOC. As a Thronebreaker, farming Battlegrounds is fast, easy, and can get you good rewards.

To farm Battlegrounds all you have to do is Forfeit matches (upper left button) to drop your Rank until it is low. Once your Rank is low enough (differs by player), you can then find matches against weak opponents. You can farm these weak opponents fast and easy in order to complete the Battlegrounds Events. And then you can use the Trophy Tokens earned through the events to purchase items in the Battlegrounds store.

Here is a more detailed breakdown of how to farm Battlegrounds quick and easy:

If your rank is high, Forfeit as-fast-as-possible once the match starts (be fast so you can lock in the Forfeit). This will drop your Ranking. Do not win higher Rank matches, because (1) these matches will be slower and harder, and (2) winning will just raise your Rank, and result in you having to spend even more Energy to farm the extra losses needed to get to the lower Rank you'll want.

Forfeiting matches can also help to quickly and easily farm the Battleground Event "Battle Ready" (play matches).

Once you are low enough Rank, it becomes fast and easy to farm wins against weak opponents. These weak opponents will often Forfeit to you (once they see your roster; or after they see the draft; or some because they are farming losses for Battleground Event "Battle Ready"), or you can beat them in 1-2 fights (1 because many will Forfeit after badly losing the first fight). As a bonus, the current Battlegrounds has a shorter clock, so this helps lower the wait time as you wait for their match to end, for even full timer fights.

Farming wins against weak opponents is good to quickly and easily complete the Battleground Event "High Ground" (win matches).

If your Rank begins to climb to high and farming becomes slower and harder, just use the Forfeit method to drop back to a lower Rank.

Once you have completed the Battleground Events, stop playing the Battleground mode and do something else, or use excess energy to get your Rank lower to setup your next round of Battlegrounds farming.

Now you know. And knowing is half the battle.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,251 ★★★★★

Make only Paragon BG, TB BG, cavalier BG and UC BG season.
    You who TB will not be affected by paragon. Only TB.

I don't think you are aware of the difference between a well developed TB account to a newly TB.
  • Options

So I do think there’s a few valid points here that can be answered by “it’s still a beta”, but a couple that are wrong.

Of the ones that can be answered by the fact it’s a beta, stuff like no nodes, shorter timers, 15 second post fight screens, point system etc. These can all change in the final product, and I for one would prefer kabam to try out a variety of combinations of nodes, timers, points etc to figure out what works best. Even if we have one we like as a community, it’s worth trying out different ways to see how it impacts our enjoyment.

Now, none of that means you shouldn’t give that feedback. It’s important so our voices are heard, but I don’t think you need to say “I’m quitting the game/BGs because the points system sucks”. That can change.

As for what is wrong, it’s the point on PTW players and how you’re losing 3 out of 4 matches.

Paying players will have an inherent advantage in every aspect of the game. Roster, items, rank ups, champions everything. Spenders get more stuff, which makes sense. While I appreciate it’s frustrating to see someone with 10 R4s and the rest R3s of all the newest and best champions, they spent money to get those and deserve that as an advantage.

What alternative is there? Put caps on who you can pick for your deck, X R3s allowed? That seems kinda sucky. And then what if someone FTP worked for that, but then couldn’t get their advantage. No, that doesn’t seem fair.

As it goes, BGs is probably one of the most FTP friendly parts of the game. You can easily maintain a high rating with few matches as long as your win ratio is high, it’s only based on your roster which you can work on as a FTP player, and remember that every other game mode is based on roster like AW, AQ and Arena, so spenders have an equal benefit for BGs as everywhere else. Overall it’s pretty FTP friendly as it goes.

As for losing too much, unfortunately that just means your rating is too high for your skill/roster level. BGs ratings is essentially a % chance for you to win, if you match someone the same rating you’ll likely have a 50% chance of winning. That’s the point.

Sometimes someone will be better than they’re rated and be on the way up, in which case they’ll have a higher chance of winning or someone will be on the way down and vice versa.

If you’re losing more often, then it means you’re on the way down and you’ll settle at a point where people match you and have a 50% chance of winning.

At that point, you’ll sometimes match with someone with a big roster who isn’t so skilled, or someone with a small roster who is more skilled.

It’s not that it’s about no skill, even with the shorter timers (though I agree I’d prefer longer ones, they’re more fun and they do mean skill is more important).

I hope you don’t think I’m laughing or shutting down, just addressing some of the points as I see it.

Well like I said previous BGs with nodes on I had a win ration of about average of 3 wins every 5 fights but with no nodes it's a matter of roster only so yeah now I'm about 1 win every 3 matches or worse.
  • Options
    zaspacer said:

Strategic said:

1) play it
    2) farm it

If you don't enjoy playing the mode, just farm it for what you want and move on. Just like all content in MCOC. As a Thronebreaker, farming Battlegrounds is fast, easy, and can get you good rewards.

To farm Battlegrounds all you have to do is Forfeit matches (upper left button) to drop your Rank until it is low. Once your Rank is low enough (differs by player), you can then find matches against weak opponents. You can farm these weak opponents fast and easy in order to complete the Battlegrounds Events. And then you can use the Trophy Tokens earned through the events to purchase items in the Battlegrounds store.

If your rank is high, Forfeit as-fast-as-possible once the match starts (be fast so you can lock in the Forfeit). This will drop your Ranking. Do not win higher Rank matches, because (1) these matches will be slower and harder, and (2) winning will just raise your Rank, and result in you having to spend even more Energy to farm the extra losses needed to get to the lower Rank you'll want.

Forfeiting matches can also help to quickly and easily farm the Battleground Event "Battle Ready" (play matches).

Once you are low enough Rank, it becomes fast and easy to farm wins against weak opponents. These weak opponents will often Forfeit to you (once they see your roster; or after they see the draft; or some because they are farming losses for Battleground Event "Battle Ready"), or you can beat them in 1-2 fights (1 because many will Forfeit after badly losing the first fight). As a bonus, the current Battlegrounds has a shorter clock, so this helps lower the wait time as you wait for their match to end, for even full timer fights.

Farming wins against weak opponents is good to quickly and easily complete the Battleground Event "High Ground" (win matches).

If your Rank begins to climb to high and farming becomes slower and harder, just use the Forfeit method to drop back to a lower Rank.

Once you have completed the Battleground Events, stop playing the Battleground mode and do something else, or use excess energy to get your Rank lower to setup your next round of Battlegrounds farming.

Yeah I used to do that previously but this round there's R4 material on the line for the first 5000 on the chart so tanking is not a good idea. But I have started tanking today cause I could use the 6* shards a lot more than 2% of a R4 every month. Just FYI I have been moving between place around 1700 to 4500 when I wasn't tanking it's just a bad streak of 3 loses in a row that pushed me out of the top 5000.
  • Options
    pigupompompigupompom Posts: 110
    Hate it too. It’s lazy and creative bankrupt
  • Options
    IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,253 ★★★★
    Strategic said:

zaspacer said:

Strategic said:

1) play it
    2) farm it

Yeah I used to do that previously but this round there's R4 material on the line for the first 5000 on the chart so tanking is not a good idea. But I have started tanking today cause I could use the 6* shards a lot more than 2% of a R4 every month. Just FYI I have been moving between place around 1700 to 4500 when I wasn't tanking it's just a bad streak of 3 loses in a row that pushed me out of the top 5000.
    Isn't it only top 2500?
  • Options
    IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,253 ★★★★
    Jeancrb said:

I do think this is the most skilled base part of the game. Being a whale doesn't mean you are skilled. I'm a F2P with no r4 and like 12 r3 but I still managed to reach top 1500 worldwide.
    And as people said before, it's a Beta. I don't think there will be no-node week in the final version, and the fight time will probably be increased.

Could you share your deck and maybe a bit of strategy? Struggling to break 400 this beta with 1 r4 and 12 r3
  • Options
    GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,924 ★★★★★

Hate it too. It’s lazy and creative bankrupt

I feel like its the polar opposite of what you just said
  • Options
    Amit_690Amit_690 Posts: 17
    I also stopped playing bg after the changes in scoring system, and reducing the time period of the fight, I usually got around 65-70 seconds for a fight. Because of long loading time, But I saw others player are getting 80-90 seconds.
    And sometimes it gives me only 4-5 seconds to select a champ. As a defender for opponent and then auto select it when I unable to do in this very short time period.
    Another issue is that sometimes I wasn't allowed to Enter in the fight but the timer continues ticking and at last showed me you lost.
    So that's why I stopped playing bg, it's just wasting your energy.
  • Options
    zaspacerzaspacer Posts: 115
    Strategic said:

Do you know what Battleground Rating is needed to get into the "Top 2500 Battlegrounds Rating" or "Top 1000 Battlegrounds Rating"?

The Battlegrounds Beta runs to Monday, July 25th at 10am PST. You could drop your Rank to farm faster and easier wins for most the Beta. And then try to make a run for a high Rank near the end of the Beta.

It all depends on how far you drop to farm, how high you need to make the cutoffs for 2500 or 1000, and the energy and time (and ability) to climb back up.

Isn't it only top 2500?

source: https://playcontestofchampions.com/news/battlegrounds-beta/

"Reward Updates

Battlegrounds Rating Rank Rewards

Summoners that are able to reach and maintain the following Battleground Ratings at the conclusion of the July Battlegrounds Beta will receive the following:

Top 1000 Battlegrounds Rating
    17,100x Tier 6 Basic Catalyst Fragments
    13,500x Tier 3 Alpha Catalyst Fragments

Top 2500 Battlegrounds Rating
    8,550x Tier 6 Basic Catalyst Fragments
    6,750x Tier 3 Alpha Catalyst Fragments"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    I’m only Uncollected so am nowhere near as good as most of you so perhaps that is why I am enjoying this first week of beta BG. I prefer the shorter timer and just straight-up matches with none of the node stuff. I do still sometimes run into other players who are ridiculously better than their rank (I guess they are farming and I just happened to catch those matches sometimes) but overall BG has been much better for me this time around.
This discussion has been closed.