**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

AW Scoring Bugged

I’ll get straight to the point. The scoring for defender diversity is bugged for our war. We plan out our bgs, and have 150 diversity every war. However, our diversity points are incorrect for this war. What’s more, they seem to change. I’ve seen it show our diversity for this war as both 50 and 0, with it changing (although not with 100% consistency) if I crash the game. If this is only affecting my alliance, it puts us at a massive disadvantage. But there are still huge issues if it’s widespread. Probably something y’all want to look into pretty quick.

Comments

• Options
    TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    Do you have any screenshots?
  • Options
    RohtagaRohtaga Posts: 51

• Options
    Well that’s weird. I would write a support ticket and hope they get back to you by the end of the war. I’m assuming you did already, but did you try restarting a few times?
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Several times, and confirmed the issue with 6 members of the alliance so far. The frustrating thing is that it’s impossible to have zero diversity unless you didn’t place defenders. And I have, naturally,
    confirmed that our defenders are actually there.
  • Options
    Well I wish that there was something that you could do, but it doesn’t look like it at the moment. If you open up the comparison where it shows the scores for both teams in the bars, what does it look like?
  • Options
    I’m unsure what you mean, unless you mean this:

• Options
    Baseballs14dBaseballs14d Posts: 39
    Ours is at 0 as well

• Options
    edited July 2022
    Rohtaga said:

I’m unsure what you mean, unless you mean this:

that's exactly what i mean. if you both had 0 diversity then you would be at the same point, but they're clearly ahead of you

edit: just checked, and it's happening to us as well. i guess it's just slowly affecting every alliance, or at least a lot
  • Options
    T1 war we are showing zero diversity
  • Options
    ChaVermelhoChaVermelho Posts: 10
    edited July 2022

Same here.
  • Options
    The_man001The_man001 Posts: 624 ★★★
    Same in both of my alliance i run
  • Options
    Come on man. We’re trying to get a resolution to an issue. Throwing fire on the situation/insulting the people who feel responsible and are trying to fix it does NOT HELP.
  • Options
    Kabam ZibiitKabam Zibiit Posts: 7,033
    The team's digging into this to try and find out what's going on and how to resolve it. We'll update everyone as soon as we have more info to share.
  • Options
    GrubGrub Posts: 258 ★★★
    0 diversity as well. This will completely compromise the season. Should shut it down.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,417 ★★★★★

The team's digging into this to try and find out what's going on and how to resolve it. We'll update everyone as soon as we have more info to share.

How long for news
  • Options
    Gonc3dGonc3d Posts: 7

Same here, diversity bugged...
  • Options
    Brutus2099Brutus2099 Posts: 52
    Same issue in my alliance [HÄIL] HYDRA.

0 diversity in BG1, scoring issues all season whilst even though we have won every war so far our multiplier hasn’t moves and we are losing rank 10-15 places every war… but we can’t do anymore than we can.

Imagine winning but still losing out overall - that’s just dumb!

@Kabam Zibiit cancelling this season really needs to be on the table. You need to also consider cancelling next season and providing the resources necessary to fixing all the issues with Alliance War during that break. I honestly can’t remember the last alliance war season without an issue where it was either just ignored or some wars didn’t end up counting.

Facts are irregardless of what you like to tell us, those alliances who lost 50points from the first war have been at a disadvantage all season - it is not an even playing field like portrayed. Those poor alliances just get screwed over outright.

It’s no wonder so many people are getting fed up.
  • Options
    oiXoroiXor Posts: 16
    we have the same issue.

1 BG:

Total:

• Options
    Just as an update, it does appear that the points were calculated and added correctly, and the diversity points shown were indeed just glitched visually. THAT BEING SAID, I believe the correct move is still to cancel season. There will be alliances who did not see the information on the forums and assumed they were going to get screwed by a glitch. That has a tangible effect on war approach, both in terms of fight prep (boosts, heals, etc) and mental prep. In my alliance, multiple members were unsure during their early fights what the case would be with this was. As such, they hedged their bets with regards to boosts, and some attack bonus was lost before the situation was clarified. We ultimately lost our war by 1 attack bonus. I know that nothing was technically broken, but there are other issues that are, including lag, war rating gains/losses, scattered input issues, etc. At the end of the day, it’s a game, and while it’s frustrating to see my alliance lose under preventable circumstances, it’s not worth stressing about.

But Kabam, trust me on this, you ARE stressing your players out in the higher tiers. It is incredibly stressful going into fights with no idea whether something out of your control could cause the situation to spiral. Most members of high end alliances pride themselves on their skills. When they lose fights due to input/other issues, it can take a psychological toll. The issues need to be fixed, and there’s only one real way to buy the necessary time to do it. War needs to stop mattering as much as it does. Whether that means no seasons and compensation on a somewhat regular basis to make up for those rewards based on war tier (that’s how I’d do it, unlock ratings and send rewards on a set schedule based on tier), or another solution, I don’t care. But the big issue is that people play games to relieve stress, not to augment it. And if you want to save your player base, an approach based on preserving the mental health of players is your best bet.

Sorry for how long this was, but I felt it needed to be said.