**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

New Thronebreaker Daily Offers

Comments

• StarhawkStarhawk Posts: 614 ★★★
    edited July 2022
    @Kabam Miike can you please comment on the incorrect drop rate? The 6* drop rate used to be 4.5%.
    At 1.5% drop rate the odds of getting a 6* champs are actually lower even if you get 3 chances at it
  • Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 765 ★★★
    I think this improvement is really good. Just a few tweaks:

1: Fix the drop rate on the nexus crystals
    2: I know the tickets give Paragon players a bit more than Thronebreaker... I just wish the Paragon daily deal had just a little more umph / feel like you are getting more for that extra progression. Maybe a bit more 6 stars or a T4cc selector / chose class, or make the Paragon nexus have the old drop rates, and leave the throne breaker nexus at the 1.5%.
    3: I would also would love to have seen 1 6 star sig stone in each deal (class specific most days, generic on Sunday). Obviously there is opportunity with the ticket exchange to get some, but you could say that about all the other resources as well.

If that seems like too much, I would "exchange these changes" for moving some of the selectors back to being class specific items (e.g. the T5CC selectors back to just getting class shards).

Still... overall a solid improvement.

Next need to do similar on AQ/AW rewards, otherwise I'm going to take my max prestige account... and go join a map 5 alliance :-(
  • hundo_percenthundo_percent Posts: 5
    Bugmat78 said:

Somebody actually disagreeing with a drop rate of 1.5% for a 6* in a cavalier nexus. How many trolls are there on this forum?

Tens of hundreds.
  • VegetaNoOujiVegetaNoOuji Posts: 57
    edited July 2022
    I've seen 12/13 of my friends on line pulling 3 3*s from the new nexus, o I'm guessing the 1.5% odds are accurate and incorrect. The other one got 2 3* and a 4*
  • MoeyTehrMoeyTehr Posts: 433 ★★
    Am I missing something here? How do some people have seven stamps already? Didn't this deal just start?
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,543 ★★★★★
    Question to consider is whether you would pay $35 for a week of the considerable batch of stuff or do a single Carina’s.

I bet I know the most popular answer.

Dr. Zola
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    MoeyTehr said:

Am I missing something here? How do some people have seven stamps already? Didn't this deal just start?

Where did you see it? Who got seven stamps?
    I hope you’re not talking about those preview screens, which you can also see in game.
  • HawkFanDanTheManHawkFanDanTheMan Posts: 37
    Do you guys have access to the paragon selector? So you can collect paragon stamps but not be able to redeem it?

Right now I’m cav and even though I took both the cav and tb deals and have stamps for both, only the cav selector is available to me
  • SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    1.5 Χ 3 = 4.5
    Reference said:

MoeyTehr said:

I hope you’re not talking about those preview screens, which you can also see in game.
    Ah, I guess that's my confusion. I haven't bought the daily yet so I haven't seen what happens after you buy it. The preview screens make it look like you can select that item now because you have the necessary stamps already.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    MoeyTehr said:

Reference said:

MoeyTehr said:

Ah, I guess that's my confusion. I haven't bought the daily yet so I haven't seen what happens after you buy it. The preview screens make it look like you can select that item now because you have the necessary stamps already.
    You don’t even need to buy anything to preview it. Just click “i” in this page:

Reference said:

MoeyTehr said:

Reference said:

MoeyTehr said:

You don’t even need to buy anything to preview it. Just click “i” in this page:

Ah! I hadn't even noticed that was there. I just assumed the selector popped up in the Unit store. Thanks!
  • TheCipeTheCipe Posts: 29

I noticed it says “increased chance for a 6* champ” for the Thronebreaker daily but the drop rate stills states 1.5% just like the Cavalier daily crystal.

@Kabam Miike could you please verify the drop rates your side?
  • Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 936 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Question to consider is whether you would pay $35 for a week of the considerable batch of stuff or do a single Carina’s.

I bet I know the most popular answer.

Dr. Zola

Why can’t we do both?
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,064 ★★★★★
    most impressive
  • BigManOnCampusBigManOnCampus Posts: 376 ★★★
    At this rate it's only gonna be spenders left.
  • SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    Starhawk said:

Searmenis said:

1.5 Χ 3 = 4.5

that isn't actually how odds work....your odds actually end up lower than 4.5% overall
    Yeah, I was joking. Apparently.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,160 ★★★★★
    @Kabam Miike the drops rates isn’t right. Or ?
    Searmenis said:

Starhawk said:

Searmenis said:

1.5 Χ 3 = 4.5

that isn't actually how odds work....your odds actually end up lower than 4.5% overall
    Yeah, I was joking. Apparently.
    sorry i honestly couldn't tell but glad you were!
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,136 ★★★★★
    edited July 2022
    QuikPik said:

I believe the drop rate on the nexus was always 1.5%

Class-specific daily specials have always had the highest drop rates, even more so than featured cavs.

The 2 for $5 cav nexses that show up on Wednesdays for special events like the Ms Marvel tv show were 3.6% for a 6* + 0.9% for a 6* nexus crystal, when you checked the info on those Cav nexus crystals.

That was the same drop rate as the daily Cav crystals before today ie 3.6+0.9% for a 6*/6* nexus.

There is no way this 6* drop rate has been dropped to 1.5% overall on purpose.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,160 ★★★★★
    Still no information one the matter
  • Khellendros138Khellendros138 Posts: 517 ★★★
    Any insight on the drop rate here @kabamjax
  • VegetaNoOujiVegetaNoOuji Posts: 57
    It's the same anytime there is an issue, radio silence for at least a day. Chill.
    I'm surprised Kabam hasn't replied to this yet....a lot of people are going to skip on tomorrow's offer if this isn't cleared up by then
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★★
    Vance2_jr said:

Capitalism, baby. Kabam is a business. I am a consumer. This provides me value and it provides Kabam revenue. Everything seems to be working here.

This is consumerism, not capitalism, but I’m splitting hairs here.

• Hopper13131Hopper13131 Posts: 65
    Starhawk said:

Searmenis said:

1.5 Χ 3 = 4.5

Sure, it's more complicated than 1.5*3, but it is almost equivalent here.

It's [1 - P(0)] where P(0) is the probability of getting 0 6*s.

P(x) = nCx * p^x * (1-p)^(n-x)
    where nCx = n!/(x!(n-x)!)
    p = 1.5% = 0.015
    n = 3 (nexus has 3 rolls)

P(x=0) = 3C0 * 0.015^0 * (1-0.015)^3 = 1 * 0.015^0 * 0.985^3 = .95567

P(x>0) = 1-P(0) = 0.0443 = 4.43%
    So the chance to see at least 1 6* in your 1 nexus crystal (with a 1.5% chance at a 6*) comes out to 4.43%.
    So it is a slight nerf to the previous 4.5% featured cav crystal
  • Hopper13131Hopper13131 Posts: 65
    Bugmat78 said:

QuikPik said:

I believe the drop rate on the nexus was always 1.5%

Class-specific daily specials have always had the highest drop rates, even more so than featured cavs.

The 2 for $5 cav nexses that show up on Wednesdays for special events like the Ms Marvel tv show were 3.6% for a 6* + 0.9% for a 6* nexus crystal, when you checked the info on those Cav nexus crystals.

That was the same drop rate as the daily Cav crystals before today ie 3.6+0.9% for a 6*/6* nexus.

There is no way this 6* drop rate has been dropped to 1.5% overall on purpose.
    It's not 1.5% overall. It is 1.5% rolled 3 times, which makes it ~4.43%.