**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Pay To Win Daily Offers vs Top 10 AW Season Rewards

Comments

• Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★

AW season rewards need to be boosted now. These daily offers make it so demoralising to push high in War.

If you can buy a whole AW seasons worth of items for £35 and keep buying it over and over, it kinda devalues doing war. Why bother when you can just buy more than the rewards?

I don’t think it’s a good offer to keep permanently. If it was one off, sure, but not constantly.

Buff AW rewards because this shouldn’t be a game where you can consistently get more than the highest skill mode rewards, for just £35.

With the amount of R4 mat we're seeing these days in EQ, SQ & paid offers, the AW & AQ don't just need a boost but they need a very significant boost
    More increase than they've ever done in the past
    And that is where I'm doubtful as I believe they won't do that
  • Options
    AceymcocAceymcoc Posts: 195 ★★
    So you can get 4 times the amount of materials save boosts potions and revives and save yourself a bunch of time than if you were to do a season of alliance war so it’s a 4/1 ratio, nice good job kabam
  • Options
    KirklinKirklin Posts: 149
    Aceymcoc said:

So you can get 4 times the amount of materials save boosts potions and revives and save yourself a bunch of time than if you were to do a season of alliance war so it’s a 4/1 ratio, nice good job kabam

The fact loyalty is an issue now. I'm finding myself spending units to buy war potions won't be long until I have to spend money to get war potions, boost and invulnerable boost too.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,171 ★★★★★
    FiiNCH said:

Business-wise this makes sense for Kabam. They need to entice players to spend money. Some folks don’t want to hear it, but Kabam needs to make money or this game goes away.

These offers are certainly enticing. But post-July 4 Paragon deals, I am not surprised. Personally I applaud Kabam for in general getting more generous with rewards, which are virtual doodads they can create endlessly.

A lot of players , like me, are just here to have fun playing with comic book characters, and we ignore high tier AW because we don’t want the hassle. We like to collect and rank up champs, and likely our existence in MCOC barely registers for the top level of players. So if I get rank 4 my Doom bc of this new crystal, you’ll almost certainly never even know it happened.

You’re completely missing the point. The value in these offers cause a big imbalance in in-game rewards, even at the very top levels of competitive play.

Yes Kabam need to make money, but the game also needs to remained ‘fairly’ balanced. These offers tip the scales too much.
    Im find with the offer stat tge way it is. If there’s balccon AQ and AW hell giv 2 tier 3 aplha and. T6b for master.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

I imagine that AW rewards will be getting a massive overhaul after this season, and AQ rewards probably aren’t far behind. I think it’s clear that Kabam is starting the process of transitioning R4 champions into more availability across the board, it’s just unfortunate that they rolled this particular part of that effort out before they updated AQ and AW.

It does concern me a bit though, because the sooner that R4 champions reach saturation, the sooner we will have to see R5 and whatever is coming after 6* champions. We still have very little idea what that will look like, and with the way R4 materials are flowing currently, we will likely have to find out soon.

I was having that thought too, the acceleration towards R4s seems very obvious now, as though a dam having collapse.

The AW rewards revamp might come together with the whitelist/blacklist of champs.
  • Options
    AceymcocAceymcoc Posts: 195 ★★
    Kirklin said:

Aceymcoc said:

The fact loyalty is an issue now. I'm finding myself spending units to buy war potions won't be long until I have to spend money to get war potions, boost and invulnerable boost too.
    Just use the ones that’s in the weekly compensation they took away, oh wait
  • Options
    Burrito2525Burrito2525 Posts: 507 ★★★
    I think it’s 2 sided here, people who spend money keep the game going, as a reward they progress higher…faster.. there are ways to progress in the game free, it just takes a lot of work… grind arena, do high aq and aw, etc… or spend money.

Nothing needs to be nerfed from this new daily special but it would be nice to boost some of the free to play rewards in the game.

The whole notion though that people who are ftp deserve the same opportunity and rewards as paying players is absurd though, if that was the case no one would spend..and the game would die
  • Options
    MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,094 ★★★
    Well it’s a players choice. Play to win or pay to win.
  • Options
    FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    Gamer said:

FiiNCH said:

Business-wise this makes sense for Kabam. They need to entice players to spend money. Some folks don’t want to hear it, but Kabam needs to make money or this game goes away.

These offers are certainly enticing. But post-July 4 Paragon deals, I am not surprised. Personally I applaud Kabam for in general getting more generous with rewards, which are virtual doodads they can create endlessly.

A lot of players , like me, are just here to have fun playing with comic book characters, and we ignore high tier AW because we don’t want the hassle. We like to collect and rank up champs, and likely our existence in MCOC barely registers for the top level of players. So if I get rank 4 my Doom bc of this new crystal, you’ll almost certainly never even know it happened.

You’re completely missing the point. The value in these offers cause a big imbalance in in-game rewards, even at the very top levels of competitive play.

Yes Kabam need to make money, but the game also needs to remained ‘fairly’ balanced. These offers tip the scales too much.
    Im find with the offer stat tge way it is. If there’s balccon AQ and AW hell giv 2 tier 3 aplha and. T6b for master.
    Sorry it’s difficult to understand what you’ve said there?
  • Options
    FiiNCH said:

Gamer said:

FiiNCH said:

As long there’s plans to balance it with buff the AQ and AW rewards I’m don’t se a problem with the offer to be honest I’m much rather buy this then the one before
  • Options
    FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    Gamer said:

FiiNCH said:

Gamer said:

FiiNCH said:

As long there’s plans to balance it with buff the AQ and AW rewards I’m don’t se a problem with the offer to be honest I’m much rather buy this then the one before
    Yea agreed, but whilst the rewards are as they are, this offer isn’t balanced. Let’s hope they update them soon
  • Options
    FiiNCH said:

Gamer said:

FiiNCH said:

Gamer said:

FiiNCH said:

Yea agreed, but whilst the rewards are as they are, this offer isn’t balanced. Let’s hope they update them soon
    I’m sure there’s wil I’m not even worried as much as offer is but understand the frustration it may get but this’ll offer isn’t that’s overpowering since even Side event giv more then AW dos
  • Options
    Burrito2525Burrito2525 Posts: 507 ★★★
    I’d also argue that the term pay to win is false, in fact, those of us who spend (me included) are the true losers here. The free to play crowd is enjoying the game at no cost while some of us could have bought cars at this point with the amount spent… so whose winning here?
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    First off, those are Master Rewards. The Top 10 Alliances are getting that, and unless you're actually among them, pushing for it is obsolete.
    Secondly, there are more Rewards for War than just those Frags.
    The Offer is for Paragon Players. We've seen the same thing done with Mats that Players who hit TB hit. They always make them more available after the Milestone is reached. People also had a number of complaints about Para not having very many benefits thus far.
    The game is, and will always be, a spending-optional game. It's a Freemium game.